Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by sukn
There is an upcoming year-long Gold and year-long Plat auction coming up soon. The last year-long Plat auction closed at about 170~180k miles.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by returnzero
Use ELTRW to gift her gold status next year.
Originally Posted by pepiny2k
Many thanks to all of you who have replied withg comments and suggestions. I will explore the possibility to explain her case to AA. Being myself and EXP hopefully some consideration might be given. BTW, a good friend just told me that he thinks that in my case once you reach 25K above the 100K threshold of EXPs, in the same calendar year, you are offered a gift by AA with several options including the one of giving a gold card membership for a year to somebody else. Is this true?
Many thanks
Yes. Have you signed up?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/elite.j...oryId=16122998
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by pepiny2k
Many thanks to all of you who have replied withg comments and suggestions. I will explore the possibility to explain her case to AA. Being myself and EXP hopefully some consideration might be given. BTW, a good friend just told me that he thinks that in my case once you reach 25K above the 100K threshold of EXPs, in the same calendar year, you are offered a gift by AA with several options including the one of giving a gold card membership for a year to somebody else. Is this true?
Many thanks
It was mentioned in post #9. Also, it is on aa.com, and we have an extensive thread on the topic.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/eliteStr...e=eliterewards

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

May I suggest you stick around here quite a bit longer and become a much more informed EXP. The shared knowledge here is invaluable.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:59 pm

When during the pregnancy are you not allowed to fly anymore?

I worry because my mom flew a transpac in Y when she was 8 months pregnant with me in the tummy. Now I wonder if I'm retarrded.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin

I worry because my mom flew a transpac in Y when she was 8 months pregnant with me in the tummy. Now I wonder if I'm retarrded.
I think it is because they don't want someone popping out Jr. on the flight. But I could be wrong. I'm not too bright. Come to think of it, I think my mom flew late term too....
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by sukn
It was mentioned in post #9. Also, it is on aa.com, and we have an extensive thread on the topic.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/eliteStr...e=eliterewards

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

May I suggest you stick around here quite a bit longer and become a much more informed EXP. The shared knowledge here is invaluable.
^^^^

Can't tell you how many times this board has been informative, helpful, or just entertaining to read.

Last edited by Doghound; Dec 3, 2009 at 5:21 pm
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

Now I wonder if I'm retarrded.
You post here, just like the rest of us. Is there really any doubt. With my post count, I have no illusions of mental stability whatsoever.

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:19 pm

Thank you all. Just registered on the promo as suggested in post #9. As already suggested by some of you, I will be actively learning here more about how to be an educated EXP...awesome forum... Just found you guys today.
Cheers!^
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:22 pm

Great, pepiny2k!!

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

There is always much discussion whether most EXP's know much about the program. Double EQM, double eqp ect.

Here the OP seems intelligent but NOT knowledgeable about the ins & outs of EXP although clearly flys a lot!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Welcome to FT.

While I'm not going to repeat the responses the others have made (pretty much covered it: ELTRW, appealing to AA, auction, buyback), I do welcome you to FT from my own personal experience as well.

I too stumbled upon FT back on February 2006 for the sole purpose of googling what I could do with 25,000 miles in my AAdvantage account. At the time it was only three months since I created my account so really didn't know anything about the program.

When I stumbled upon FT, I opened a pandora's box

3 years later, I now have EXP status two years in a row + achieved GLD status for life becoming an 1MM. I've used two round-the-world business class award tickets that makes all of co-workers drool with envy. My boss even suspected me doing something illegal because he couldn't fathom why a random $40k/year earning Joe like me could get to do something he's been saving up for until he retires...and doing that TWICE!

As everyone has said, the wealth of knowledge that lies around in this forum is priceless. But don't get too addicted...you'll end up reading forum every hour, and checking your AAdvantage mileage balance more than three times a day LOL
Old Dec 3, 2009, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
pepiny2k: Welcome to FT! May I offer a somewhat different perspective. If your wife is not going to fly a lot by herself next year, she does not need Gold status. For a couple traveling together, it is sufficient for one to be an elite. Good luck.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:25 am

Smile

Originally Posted by aktchi
pepiny2k: Welcome to FT! May I offer a somewhat different perspective. If your wife is not going to fly a lot by herself next year, she does not need Gold status. For a couple traveling together, it is sufficient for one to be an elite. Good luck.
Valid perspective aktchi....next year she will need to travel around two or three times by herself on 8+ hour flights only...so i guess it is relative to everyone what is the definition of traveling "a lot". Nonetheless, i think my wife and I should also assess the perspective you are bringing as well. Many thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold

only times I've thought I was retarded by AA it had to do with IRROPS or schedule changes

retard

-verb (used with object)
1. to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

–verb (used without object)
2. to be delayed.

my mother wasn't a party to this (thankfully)
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:16 am

Best Way To Getting My Gold Status Back?

I typically have flown 25,000 - 30,000 miles per year putting me in the Gold on the AA program. But this past year I only flew about 13,000 miles. I guess I'll be loosing my Gold status soon after the turn of the year. Other than taking the Gold Challenge (which last I checked AA wanted to charge me for), or flying 25,000 mi...is there another way for me to quickly retain my Gold status?

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.