Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Although maybe AA will let it slide and grant the OP Plat status, assuming that s/he has registered for the elite rewards, it would mean that AA then does not need to offer any of the bonuses for getting between 40,000 - 49,999 miles
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by valdes
Yes Im feeling lucky do you think i will have to give them a call or should I just wait and see what happens?
Wow...seriously?

The fact you asked the question here belies the bravado. So if you're really feeling lucky, ignore all advice--don't call (as others have noted, with DEQM you're probably not going to get any slack) and don't book a cheap out-and-back MR.

Let us know how that works out for you...

cheers!
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by martin33
Oh well, for next year, there's always US Airways. They'll sell you any status you like, outright. no messy flying at all.
Really? They do that? Hmmm ...

No, no. Not in a million years.

One-day mileage run coming up the week of Dec. 6. The only realistic one for me to do is SJO-MIA-SJO, for 4,468 EQM with the promotion, but it will get me the 2009 Plat bonus, which I am only 102 EQM shy of. It the best way to be sure of these things. ^
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:46 pm

HELP Wife needs to produce 1K EQM to become Gold without flying!!

Hi everybody!
I´m new to FT. Just found you guys while googleing this problem. Great place!!. btw, i searched this topic in the boards and nothing came out....Here is the problem: My wife is 1K elite qualifying miles short in order to become AAdvantage Gold before Dec 31st. Problem is that she is pregnant and cannot fly. Any suggestions?. I am EXP. Any ideas??
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There is no way to earn EQM without flying, your best and only hope is to appeal to AA to let her have the status due to her current condition preventing her from flying.

May get lucky, may not.

Programs: AA EXP
I wish there were another way to earn EQM other than flying, but unfortunately flying is the ONE AND ONLY way to earn EQM. That is until AA decides to pull a Delta.

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by pepiny2k
Hi everybody!
I´m new to FT. Just found you guys while googleing this problem. Great place!!. btw, i searched this topic in the boards and nothing came out....Here is the problem: My wife is 1K elite qualifying miles short in order to become AAdvantage Gold before Dec 31st. Problem is that she is pregnant and cannot fly. Any suggestions?. I am EXP. Any ideas??
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Welcome to FT

Unfortunately, the only way that I know of to get EQM is by flying. There are a few rare times that a credit card might offer EQM upon signing up and spending certain amounts. But, more often than not, bonus miles are redeemable miles and do not add to EQM.

I'm sorry to report that it looks like your wife will be without status next year, unless AA makes an exception in her case.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
I'm having trouble editing my previous post for some reason.

EDITED TO ADD:
I received one of those credit card offers that gave me bonus EQM - that was 5 years ago.

Nowadays, I've only seen offers for bonus redeemable miles.

Good luck!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by miamigrad
I'm having trouble editing my previous post for some reason.

EDITED TO ADD:
I received one of those credit card offers that gave me bonus EQM - that was 5 years ago.

Nowadays, I've only seen offers for bonus redeemable miles.

Good luck!
I have not seen an AA Credit card offer or Hotel offer for EQM or EQP.
Just the DL AX card has the capability as well as Hilton offers on DL randomly through the year.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
As an EXP, you definitely should try on her behalf.

But a few questions.....are you aware of the double-miles promotion? Did she sign up for that? Any chance she has some double miles that could still post and put her over? In reality through Dec. 15, 1,000 miles is just 500 miles.

Did she suddenly develop a medical condition during her pregnancy that caused her to be unable to fly unexpectedly? Or she can just not fly because she's late into her pregnancy? And if it's the former, I think you have a shot.

If it's the latter, then why should AA help you out? If she's now into her seventh, eighth, ninth months and can't fly solely because of that then she had several months to know and plan accordingly. If she can't fly because of being late in term, that would have been for the past month or two and there was plenty of time before then to realize and rectify the problem.

How long into her pregnancy did she continue flying and how far along was she when she had to stop? I think if you can show it was unexpected then AA will likely help If it's poor planning on your part, you are on their mercy and as an EXP they might be merciful.

If it is the former, then I hope things go well and sorry for her exacerbating condition.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Is your wife currently GLD? In past years, AA has offered a status buyback option for folks who have fallen short. If it is offered once again this year, it might be worth it to you. Even if your wife is not currently GLD, once the incentive is announced (and surely to be posted about on FT), give a call to AAdvantage Customer Service and see what they have to say.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Use ELTRW to gift her gold status next year.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by returnzero
Use ELTRW to gift her gold status next year.
Or bid on it.

American Airlines AAdvantage Auction
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by DMPHL
I wish there were another way to earn EQM other than flying
Uh, no. One of the strongest features of AA's FF program is that EQMs are earned only through flying.

Originally Posted by DMPHL
until AA decides to pull a Delta.
I rest my case.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:49 pm

Many thanks to all of you who have replied withg comments and suggestions. I will explore the possibility to explain her case to AA. Being myself and EXP hopefully some consideration might be given. BTW, a good friend just told me that he thinks that in my case once you reach 25K above the 100K threshold of EXPs, in the same calendar year, you are offered a gift by AA with several options including the one of giving a gold card membership for a year to somebody else. Is this true?
Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.