Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Boeing 757 (752) Refurb Domestic Config / New Seats as of Oct 2009 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

The first refurbished Domestic 752 (24 F seats) entered service on 10/18/09. Around half of the domestic 757 fleet had undergone the Cabin Improvement Project as of late 2012 (some older config still active 03/2014).

• For WChou's first-hand report, see :-: Post #19 :-:; for a few photos by WChou, see Post #26

For more information about this refurbished Domestic 752 configuration, see this previous thread: Boeing 757-223 (Domestic 752) Planned Refurbishments (consolidated)

For information about the new International 75L Configuration, see: Reconfigured "international" 757 "L" / 75L Debut Jan 26 2009

AA Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Boeing 757 (752) Refurb Domestic Config / New Seats as of Oct 2009 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Is the 757 still in production?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I wonder how they accomplished that being that the 757 has not been manufactured for a few years.
Doggone it...ya beat me!

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/...r_031016a.html
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM+, Lifetime PLT, Admirals Club
I wonder how they accomplished that being that the 757 has not been manufactured for a few years.
Either they must had some lying around, which sounds ridiculous, but with American you never know, because everything in this plane was new, from wall panels, seats, bathrooms, doors, rugs, etc. Didn't look 'refurbished.'

Or, they were gutted and redone. Looked new to me and FA said it was a 'new' plane. But could have been a completely gutted, refurbished plane.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Doggone it...ya beat me!
I actually went back and edited my statement as I wasn't sure of the source I was looking at. Gather I was correct.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:01 pm

I actually went back and edited my statement as I wasn't sure of the source I was looking at. Gather I was correct.
Yep...ended in 2004.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:01 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies
They must have had some lying around. Because everything in this plane was new, from wall panels, seats, bathrooms, doors, rugs, etc. Didn't look 'refurbished.'
The interior of an old plane can certainly be refurbished. It's exactly what was done with the international 75L configuration, which are not new planes either.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dstan
The interior of an old plane can certainly be refurbished. It's exactly what was done with the international 75L configuration, which are not new planes either.
Ah, then it was a complete overhaul. From doors, to bathrooms, to seats, to TVs, to rugs, etc. Much nicer. But... any safer???
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:03 pm

Or, they were gutted and redone. Looked new to me and FA said it was a 'new' plane. But could have been a completely gutted, refurbished plane.
Check out this thread:
Domestic 757 cabin improvement project
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:05 pm
Suspended

I guess my story was months late and a few dollars short, since the moderator found an old post and merged this. But, I guess I was on the ONLY refurbished 75 currently in domestic service.

And, sadly, GoGo was a NoNo.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:09 pm

The thread I linked indicated two have been completed.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:13 pm
Suspended

The thread I linked indicated two have been completed.
Let's for everyone's sake, hope a lot more go into service, and that they not only refurbish the interiors, but also the engines and other important gadgets that get the equipment up in the air and down to the ground.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:28 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Let's for everyone's sake, hope a lot more go into service, and that they not only refurbish the interiors, but also the engines and other important gadgets that get the equipment up in the air and down to the ground.
The "important gadgets" (like engines and the rest of the airframe structure) receive regular checks and complete overhauls more often than the cabin interior items. The 757 is a solid aircraft with a great reputation among pilots and passengers, despite the recent news of a hole blowing open on an AA one....
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:31 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
FYI - these, according to flight attendants, and my observations, were not refurbished planes, rather NEW planes.
I'm sure it FELT new, but I assure you one look at the airworthiness certificate above door 1L will put to rest any dispute. The original certification date for that specific aircraft will be clearly shown, and it won't be 2010....

I commonly look above the door after entering any passenger jet (assuming entering at door 1L) for curiosity's sake to see how new the airplane is.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by PHL
I commonly look above the door after entering any passenger jet (assuming entering at door 1L) for curiosity's sake to see how new the airplane is.
same here and when I go on a S80, I'm always trying to guess what 1980's year it will be too LOL
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I guess my story was months late and a few dollars short, since the moderator found an old post and merged this. But, I guess I was on the ONLY refurbished 75 currently in domestic service.
Yep, it's been merged! For future reference, this thread is available from both the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky and the the wiki Planes and Seats page.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.