Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
From ANA's website "The All New A380: Transforming ANA Travel to Hawaii"
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/promotions/airbus380/?cid=anaustop201812358

Great video of the A380 paintwork, from Airbus: https://youtu.be/wndab27nF8E
The first roll out, also from Airbus: https://youtu.be/ayQC68K9UhA

ANA Unveils the Features of its Honolulu Lounge (for the A 380)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1912260-ana-unveils-features-its-honolulu-lounge-380-a.html
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Was expecting either starwars or pokemon. Still cute.
Pokemon would have been the cutest. I'd literally book a flight on it just for the Pokemon. That was my whole childhood!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by SKYEG
That was my whole childhood!
Most of the Pokemon liveries were all retired in 2001 and 2006. Only two managed to survive beyond 2010.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Most of the Pokemon liveries were all retired in 2001 and 2006. Only two managed to survive beyond 2010.
I feel it would be a bit dated to do a Pokémon plane in 2019. Look how quickly Pokémon go fizzled.

This could be a fun way to fly from HNL to NRT for the 2020 Olympics.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I feel it would be a bit dated to do a Pokémon plane in 2019. Look how quickly Pokémon go fizzled.
Given that the special liveries mainly target the domestic market and Pokemon was quite well established over the years, I wouldn't exclude a Pokemon jet in the future.

For now, ANA seems to stick with Star Wars themed aircrafts. I do hope that the other A380 gets special deliveries as well. I hate it when that big, fat aircraft is mostly white. Reminds me of an empty canvas.

Apart from 9V-SKI (carrying the 50 years SIA special livery), I'm not aware of any other Airbus 380 with a special livery.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Pokemon would have been the cutest. I'd literally book a flight on it just for the Pokemon. That was my whole childhood!
Yup would be awesome to bring binders of pokemon cards and start trying to remember how to play them lol
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Given that the special liveries mainly target the domestic market and Pokemon was quite well established over the years, I wouldn't exclude a Pokemon jet in the future.

For now, ANA seems to stick with Star Wars themed aircrafts. I do hope that the other A380 gets special deliveries as well. I hate it when that big, fat aircraft is mostly white. Reminds me of an empty canvas.

Apart from 9V-SKI (carrying the 50 years SIA special livery), I'm not aware of any other Airbus 380 with a special livery.
I should have built on what I said in that they also had a Pokemon in the recent past...maybe for a 50th Annivearsy of Pokemon lol.
The turtle flying makes me think of Finding Nemo when they ride the current.

Doesn't Emirates have one with a bunch of animals on it?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:54 am

I should have built on what I said in that they also had a Pokemon in the recent past...maybe for a 50th Annivearsy of Pokemon lol.
The turtle flying makes me think of Finding Nemo when they ride the current.

And also a dodgers baseball theme.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:07 am

This could be a fun way to fly from HNL to NRT for the 2020 Olympics.
The most recent Pokemon anime just ended in Japan a couple of months ago and a movie comes out in the summer.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
there are several special liveries already!

http://a380.boards.net/thread/1445/a...ecial-liveries
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Did I miss it - will the NH A380's have lie flat seats in C, and will they even have F? Wonder how they will configure the lav (shower like EK or couch like TG) in the F cabin.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ainternational
Did I miss it - will the NH A380's have lie flat seats in C, and will they even have F? Wonder how they will configure the lav (shower like EK or couch like TG) in the F cabin.
They will put F in, but nothing much has been revealed about the actual config. They expect 500 to 600 seats, which is inspecific enough to leave room for a lot of adjustments of the actual seats.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:43 pm

I'm worried this route will have F. There's an possibility they would remove F on some 77Ws to markets that don't need it, fit in more J. Move those F seats on to these A380s.

Probably not going to have an shower.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I don't think they would re-use 77W F seats for the 380s. They'd probably just buy new seats.

UA already flies a 3-class 772 on the NRT-HNL route so it's possible that UA would switch to a 2-class bird and NH would simply take over the existing F traffic. I imagine that it's hard to sell paid UA F to high-net-worth Japanese, so NH could do much better in filling the cabin.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by joejones
I don't think they would re-use 77W F seats for the 380s. They'd probably just buy new seats.

UA already flies a 3-class 772 on the NRT-HNL route so it's possible that UA would switch to a 2-class bird and NH would simply take over the existing F traffic. I imagine that it's hard to sell paid UA F to high-net-worth Japanese, so NH could do much better in filling the cabin.
The 3 class UA will be gone long before the A380. For a time there it was a 2-class 787 which seems appropriate. The 3 class there now is probably because of the rotation/positioning by product of another route and not that HNL-NRT needs F.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by joejones

ANA seems to be getting rid of F after they fitted J/Y+/Y on the 789. 788 I could understand due to lack of space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.