Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jrmyl
I believe AeroMexico flies MEX-NRT non-stop in their 787. If not, someone please correct me.
They fly non stop from NRT to MEX. In the other direction they stop in Tijuana. Not sure if it is a needed stop.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: UAL 1k
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They fly non stop from NRT to MEX. In the other direction they stop in Tijuana. Not sure if it is a needed stop.
I was just looking at that. My guess is that the stop in Tijuana is needed for fuel and payload reasons. Mexico City is a pretty high and hot city. Hurts the performance quite a bit.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Madone59
I'd love to see ANA go head to head with JAL on TYO-SAN. Get a little more *A in California's second largest city.
How about SNA- Orange County John Wayne, seems that airport has more traffic than San Jose/SJC which ANA flies to, and the area around SNA has lots of Japanese business, as well as residents and shops. Not sure ANA could fly a 787 there though (767's did fly there for UPS I think?)
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by inlandrev
How about SNA- Orange County John Wayne, seems that airport has more traffic than San Jose/SJC which ANA flies to, and the area around SNA has lots of Japanese business, as well as residents and shops. Not sure ANA could fly a 787 there though (767's did fly there for UPS I think?)
This has to be an odds on favorite of winning "Most absurd comment on FT"

lets see .... Japanese businesses, residents and shops ....versus HQs of google apple intel hp oracle facebook etc within a 30 mile radius .... hmmmm
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hollinger Clarke
This has to be an odds on favorite of winning "Most absurd comment on FT"

lets see .... Japanese businesses, residents and shops ....versus HQs of google apple intel hp oracle facebook etc within a 30 mile radius .... hmmmm
I was just going to go for - at under 6,000ft I don't think the runway at SNA could handle a 787....but I'm not completely sure on that.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by jrmyl
I believe AeroMexico flies MEX-NRT non-stop in their 787. If not, someone please correct me.
You are correct. JAL used to fly NRT-YVR-MEX (not sure where it went after that) but there does seem to be some kind of market for MEX-TYO. Not sure about GRU, it is a worldly hub but with the slowdown in the Real and the Brazilian economy as a whole, maybe there's not the demand anymore.

Originally Posted by Madone59
I was just going to go for - at under 6,000ft I don't think the runway at SNA could handle a 787....but I'm not completely sure on that.
I've only been to SNA once, but I didn't see any gates there that could really accommodate it either. I could be way off, but it just didn't seem like an airport that could support it. But then I might've said the same thing about SJC so ... do I know
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:00 am

It's official: HND-SYD launches on December 11th, 2015.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:24 pm

Hi! Does anyone here know if there are any roumors saying ANA is going to launch a route to OSL (Oslo, Norway) in future time? If not, do you think there is any chance at all that ANA might start a route here? OSL is a major SAS (*A) hub. Although I'm a Norwegian myself, I honestly think that Norway holds a great potential for Asian (and other) tourists, thinking of the stereo typical Norwegian attractions such as the fjords, mountains, northern light and small old towns. Also, the cargo would not be a problem either (at least the at the outbound flights from OSL), which would be mainly fish and other seafoods. However, TYO isn't really one of the most underserved destinations at OSL, but I think when first starting a direct route, it would open people's eyes and become popular.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Originally Posted by Flanker2

BRU has a lot more to offer, yields-wise.

Out of Japan, many West African routes are shorter via BRU than the Middle-East.
Just wanted to say congratulations, you have been longing for this route for so long and now you are going to get it. I only realised ANA decided fly this route, when I saw ANA's ad on a Japanese weekly journal in London this Monday.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:55 pm

More international flights out of KIX will be nice.
Tired of flying to NRT or HND then to Asia only to fly over KIX. Waste of time.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by SASxx
Hi! Does anyone here know if there are any roumors saying ANA is going to launch a route to OSL (Oslo, Norway) in future time? If not, do you think there is any chance at all that ANA might start a route here? OSL is a major SAS (*A) hub. Although I'm a Norwegian myself, I honestly think that Norway holds a great potential for Asian (and other) tourists, thinking of the stereo typical Norwegian attractions such as the fjords, mountains, northern light and small old towns. Also, the cargo would not be a problem either (at least the at the outbound flights from OSL), which would be mainly fish and other seafoods. However, TYO isn't really one of the most underserved destinations at OSL, but I think when first starting a direct route, it would open people's eyes and become popular.
I think ARN (Stockholm) would get a flight to Tokyo before Oslo did.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
I'm surprised they are not adding a second daily flight to LHR now that Virgin have stopped flying the route (which they code shared)
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dhoward
I'm surprised they are not adding a second daily flight to LHR now that Virgin have stopped flying the route (which they code shared)
Slots.... While Virgin stopped flying, it does not mean that an LHR-NRT slot became available on the LHR side. Virgin will be using it for other routes, or if truly cutting flights, probably leasing it to their major shareholder. Delta.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
How about Aukland? New Zealand seems like a decent market for Japanese tourists (and vice-versa). And I'd love to fly there on ANA.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
How about Aukland? New Zealand seems like a decent market for Japanese tourists (and vice-versa). And I'd love to fly there on ANA.
AKL would be a nice option. Though Air NZ have been "struggling" to keep it daily for long periods. I don't know if that is due to fleet or passenger numbers. Though flying it with 767 with basic recliners as C seats on many debates scheduled for 777 with flat seats, was probably a lottery that did not help the premium cabin bookings. But if they could short notice swap, it would indicate that the Y cabin was pretty empty as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.