Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
How about Aukland? New Zealand seems like a decent market for Japanese tourists (and vice-versa). And I'd love to fly there on ANA.
NZ and NH have some sort of codeshare/revenue share agreement. In the past, it meant NH would buy half the capacity of the plane. So barring any drastic change in market conditions, it won't happen unfortunately.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by Hollinger Clarke
This has to be an odds on favorite of winning "Most absurd comment on FT"

lets see .... Japanese businesses, residents and shops ....versus HQs of google apple intel hp oracle facebook etc within a 30 mile radius .... hmmmm
living in orange county...no chance the 787 can do SNA. crazy short runway and i don't think the gates can handle a 787.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Will NH be announcing new destinations for Summer 2016? I Could see Portland, Las Vegas and AMS being added.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Portland is an bit tight. I could agree with AMS and Las Vegas.

Unless they fly an 787 or 767 into portland than that could be an possibility.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:32 am

Possible route to PER?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/ana-eyes-per...ia-japan-route

published 10 Dec, 2015

ANA eyes Perth for second Australia-Japan route

Japan’s ANA will begin direct flights between Sydney and Tokyo this week, and the airline already has its eye on Perth as a potential second Australian route.

“We want to fly to other destinations in Australia” attests Osamu Shinobe, President and CEO of ANA, speaking with Australian Business Traveller on the sidelines of a meeting of Star Alliance airlines in Chicago.

Shinobe named Perth as a likely next stop for the airline’s expanded “Oceania network” should Sydney-Tokyo prove to be a success. ANA competitor and Qantas partner Japan Airlines is also considering a Perth-Tokyo service.

Initial bookings on ANA’s Sydney Boeing 787 flight, which feeds into the airline’s near-city Haneda hub, are “solid” and contain a higher number of business travellers than ANA’s previous flights, which the airline axed in 1999 and which Shinobe described as “a failure, in hindsight.”

“Demand was more for leisure and also most (passengers) were Japanese” Shinobe explained to Australian Business Traveller on the sidelines of this week's meeting of Star Alliance airlines in Chicago.

However, Shinobe says a “surge in economic activity between Australia and Japan” has tipped the scale in favour of Australian travellers as well as the more-profitable business class seats.

The new Sydney flight has also been designed around an early morning arrival into Tokyo’s Haneda airport to maximise connections “anywhere they want within Japan and also to Europe as well.”
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
Great if they start direct flight to Perth, but I don't find much demand actually.
At most 3 flights weelkly or so...?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by kazuwox
Great if they start direct flight to Perth, but I don't find much demand actually.
At most 3 flights weelkly or so...?
Lots of Japanese involvement in the Australian mining industry. Also plenty of connections to/from the US and Europe via Japan. I think they could manage to fill a daily 788 on this route.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I have plans to visit PER again in the future. While it was nice going JFK-NRT-BKK-PER this last time I could do without and something like JFK/SFO-NRT-PER would be great.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:30 pm

To Maldives.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Platinum, MPC Green
When will ANA start flying to YYZ from TYO?

Does anyone have any insight? Air Canada has two daily flights to Tokyo (NRT and HND). But, it would be good if ANA were flying from Tokyo to Toronto direct. I don't know why ANA doesn't do that.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by escherfan
Does anyone have any insight? Air Canada has two daily flights to Tokyo (NRT and HND). But, it would be good if ANA were flying from Tokyo to Toronto direct. I don't know why ANA doesn't do that.
YYZ-NRT(AC1/2) has always been seasonal, but it seems that YYZ-HND (AC5/6) has been started as a full year service.

I would guess that the lack of airframes earlier may have stopped NH from expanding in Canada, and now having 3 daily in the summer time might easily be over capacity.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: CX MPC Gold, NH Diamond, TK Gold
Originally Posted by escherfan
My 2 cents is: AC simply won't let its fellow Star Alliance comrades to touch YTO market. Period. That is why I rather transit through ORD, JFK or IAD in exchange for better ANA's services.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
What's the reason ANA has not pushed Australia in the past? Or did they withdraw previously?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: NH Dia (MM), QF-Plt, S-La GC Dia, Marriot Plt
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
What's the reason ANA has not pushed Australia in the past? Or did they withdraw previously?
I remember they fly back in the 90's - back then I flew Qantas though I never used them. I think they pulled out around the turn of the century.

Some more insight here:
http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviat...10-glkycb.html
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:14 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Part of the reason may have been relatively low yields, the existence of two other frequencies on the primary route into Australia (SYD), and the lack of a local partner after Ansett went bankrupt in 2001-2002.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.