Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by williepep
Are there any plans for ANA to start direct flights to and from BOS and NRT?
Doubt it, BOS being a 2nd or even 3rd tier city, with no further connections, 1x NRT flight by JL is enough, if BOS has that good of a demand, you would have seen JL to switch from 787 to 777, but there isn't.

BOS is just like others 2nd or 3rd tier cities, SAN and SJC, one flight is enough.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
+1
However, it is great if NH starts operation to BOS - forward sliding Y-seat is not appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:13 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Doubt it, BOS being a 2nd or even 3rd tier city, with no further connections, 1x NRT flight by JL is enough, if BOS has that good of a demand, you would have seen JL to switch from 787 to 777, but there isn't.

BOS is just like others 2nd or 3rd tier cities, SAN and SJC, one flight is enough.
777 has payload penalty due to runway and that makes it not an economically viable option. I have no idea how CX could use a 77W on that route.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by JALPak
I have no idea how CX could use a 77W on that route.
CX is only 4x a week, so far---with that amazing first class--and BOS literally cut off from YYZ now. But 5x daily out of JFK/EWR. JL, so far, have nearly been filling every seat on the 787. Only once did I fly JL's 787 half full.

Spock Seat @:-)

P.S.: I came on this thread when I saw BOS-NRT under NH. Thought it was true!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Spock Seat
CX is only 4x a week, so far---with that amazing first class--and BOS literally cut off from YYZ now. But 5x daily out of JFK/EWR. JL, so far, have nearly been filling every seat on the 787. Only once did I fly JL's 787 half full.

Spock Seat @:-)

P.S.: I came on this thread when I saw BOS-NRT under NH. Thought it was true!
The point was 77W cannot takeoff with full payload not that there's no demand.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
The point was 77W cannot takeoff with full payload not that there's no demand.
I agree. I'll sit in First; i.e., Seat 1A. Thanks.

Spock Seat.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Doubtful. They already have access to Logan via codeshare connections from ANA or Star Alliance flights to IAH, IAD, ORD, YYZ etc. Not to mention JAL already serves it.

IAH was so alluring for ANA to fly to precisely because it's also a UA hub. I would say that would give YYZ and EWR a leg up on other potential new non-stops. I'd say DEN too, but UA's launch of DEN-NRT probably put the kibosh on airport officials courting ANA.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:36 pm

What do you guys think of YUL? Not much of a business city but it does have a large Asian community, AC connections, and no routes to Asia?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:24 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
According to this Nikkei article (Japanese), ANA is close to announcing it will relaunch NRT-KUL after 14 years, double NRT-HNL frequencies to 14x weekly, and launch HND-SYD flights in time for the summer 2015 schedule.

The HND-SYD flight would seem a prime candidate for a long-haul 787.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:51 pm

I'd love to see a 77W on SYD-HND - that would make for an awesome way to get from the US to AU one stop, all in F.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
I'd love to see a 77W on SYD-HND - that would make for an awesome way to get from the US to AU one stop, all in F.
Not so awesome when you have to switch between HND and NRT if you want F all the way
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
ANA to restart Kuala Lumpur in 2015, Start Sydney, Australia

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLAS...4A221C1TI0000/

https://mobile.twitter.com/airlinero...02358828584960

Also another US destination is rumored to be announced soon.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:12 pm

Not so awesome when you have to switch between HND and NRT if you want F all the way
Wouldn't mind that switch - easy shuttle between the two airports. It would be nice to have more all-F options from NA to Australia.

Besides, I think there have been rumblings about one each of the JFK/ORD flights moving over to HND?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by tng11
Besides, I think there have been rumblings about one each of the JFK/ORD flights moving over to HND?
AFAIK, this can't happen until the 9 remaining daytime slots are allocated for US-Japan flights, and Delta was supposedly holding up that process by trying to claim all of the slots for itself.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by joejones
AFAIK, this can't happen until the 9 remaining daytime slots are allocated for US-Japan flights, and Delta was supposedly holding up that process by trying to claim all of the slots for itself.
I hope DL hold this as long as possible so NH can't play the card of bankruptcy as much as they did in the last allocation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.