Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT & HILTON DIA
Originally Posted by ainternational
DPS would be useful.

Would love HKT, PPT and OGG but we will likely never see these serviced.

How about before adding more destinations, they fix their meager intra Asia premium cabin product?
Are you referring to the seats or service? I liked the business class seats on the intra Asia 787...much better than on the intra Asia 767/777.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer081900
If I had a wish list of routes for ANA, the routes listed below would be on my list. I am based in the US, but I go out of the way to fly ANA because of their amazingly consistent producut.

HND to ORD

HND or NRT to AMS, AKL, ATL, CNX, CPT, DOH, DPS, DXB, IST, JNB, SYD

Any reasons these are good/not so good choices? Other routes worth mentioning?
Atlanta and Doha do not have good *A connectivity.
Johannesburg I believe would be too far for a nonstop flight.

Originally Posted by aresef
Aside from a few of their China routes, probably not happening outside of Nagoya, though you can probably codeshare on UA (via SFO) or AC (YVR seasonal next summer) from KIX.
With the AC flight being operated by rogue, I would rule out that option...

Last edited by armagebedar; Nov 3, 2014 at 4:56 am Reason: merged posts
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Not all flights need connectivity. I would argue that especially for DOH. NH had a mileage agreement with QR before they joined One World. I think there is a market from Asia.

The same can be said with ATL to some extent. With Boeing in SC and Fuji iHeavy in GA...I would drive to ATL in order to fly NH to TYO rather than book on unreliable UAX. Perhaps it is my thinking, but with the anticipated buildups in the South, a Tokyo flight is a good possibility in the future.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer081900
Not all flights need connectivity. I would argue that especially for DOH. NH had a mileage agreement with QR before they joined One World. I think there is a market from Asia.

The same can be said with ATL to some extent. With Boeing in SC and Fuji iHeavy in GA...I would drive to ATL in order to fly NH to TYO rather than book on unreliable UAX. Perhaps it is my thinking, but with the anticipated buildups in the South, a Tokyo flight is a good possibility in the future.
If people need the nonstop, why not fly DL and QR respectively?
The first even gives 100% mileage (for now.)
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:11 am
Original Poster

I would argue alliances matter. Neither QR or DL are in Star. Secondly, DL does not offer an F cabin and their frequent flyer program is not worth the hassle in order to be treated decently. Thirdly, my decision to fly a route (especially internationally) is based on flight comfort, reliability, consumer friendly policies and product for a 10+ hour flight. I personally do not fly US based carriers overseas and would never consider DL from ATL.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Johannesburg is on the edges of what the 777-300ER can do, but well within once internationally configured 787-9 becomes available. The triple 7 will probably have to take a payload cut to make a JNB run. But it is definitely doable technically, more a question if profitably. And, I would not like to be in Y for that duration.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:01 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
If people need the nonstop, why not fly DL and QR respectively?
The first even gives 100% mileage (for now.)
Many Japanese customers (especially premium Japanese customers) would prefer a Japanese carrier should they provide service on a given route, in my experience. Some are even willing to connect in the US as long as the long-haul portion is flown on a Japanese carrier.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:21 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Many Japanese customers (especially premium Japanese customers) would prefer a Japanese carrier should they provide service on a given route, in my experience. Some are even willing to connect in the US as long as the long-haul portion is flown on a Japanese carrier.
Just Japanese? Americans like me would do it too LOL. Some people would just pay more for their preferred service. The question is who are flying those routes, whether the prefer the culture and service from Qatar or Japan
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Gold/OneWorld Ruby
JAL is now flying direct to BOS; I wish ANA would instead!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:35 am

Miami.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:50 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by JALPak
Just Japanese? Americans like me would do it too LOL. Some people would just pay more for their preferred service. The question is who are flying those routes, whether the prefer the culture and service from Qatar or Japan
True -- I would too! But I wonder how many non-Japanese, especially those traveling on business, would take a long detour just to fly ANA or JAL as opposed to another carrier who flies non-stop.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:10 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

NRT-JFK-GRU
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
NRT-JFK-GRU
This route have been rumored for long (internally, appraently); my source told me that it's the Japanese government who actually wanted a link to Brazil. However I personally see more possibility of JAL returning to the route than ANA operating.... It would be a nightmare flying ULH while earning money these days.

Cheers
Michael
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eamond
This route have been rumored for long (internally, appraently); my source told me that it's the Japanese government who actually wanted a link to Brazil. However I personally see more possibility of JAL returning to the route than ANA operating.... It would be a nightmare flying ULH while earning money these days.

Cheers
Michael
Not always a bad thing-I did manage to get I space on DELORD (admittedly AI is not the best carrier.)
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
NRT/BKK with First Class service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.