Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:54 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Did DUS ever have NH (or LH) service to TYO?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
NRT<>SEA with F.
HND<>SGN with F.
HND<>HKT with F.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Did DUS ever have NH (or LH) service to TYO?
NH currently serves NRT-DUS daily with Boeing 787-8.

Originally Posted by 5khours
NRT<>SEA with F.
HND<>SGN with F.
HND<>HKT with F.
Well this is a dream thread so I won't beat u.... However do not expect any of them to have F, less HKT which is not served at all (remember F class is overall declining around the world)

Cheers
Michael
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by eamond
Well this is a dream thread so I won't beat u.... However do not expect any of them to have F, less HKT which is not served at all (remember F class is overall declining around the world)

Cheers
Michael
Do we know this for a fact. I would guess the number of international First Class ASMs is increasing.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:30 pm

Do we know this for a fact. I would guess the number of international First Class ASMs is increasing.
A bit off topic (so don't shoot me ), but to answer your question, apart from MEB3 which is simply dumping whatever they can dump, everyone else is reducing F or totally eliminating it (read DL, NZ & AC). I read somewhere once that BA said F is the leaset earning class, and BA is one of the major players in F market (given its hub location, obviously). Others like LH and AF are also removing F class on many of its long-haul fleets. This is just to give you some example on how F class actually performs.

Cheers
Michael
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by eamond
A bit off topic (so don't shoot me ), but to answer your question, apart from MEB3 which is simply dumping whatever they can dump, everyone else is reducing F or totally eliminating it (read DL, NZ & AC). I read somewhere once that BA said F is the leaset earning class, and BA is one of the major players in F market (given its hub location, obviously). Others like LH and AF are also removing F class on many of its long-haul fleets. This is just to give you some example on how F class actually performs.

Cheers
Michael
I don't think DL, NZ or AC are reducing international F capacity. Since they currently (and for quite some time) have had zero F capacity, they can't possibly be reducing it. We're seeing some removal of aircraft with F seating (e.g. 747s, 340s), but I would be surprised if this was greater than the increase from new 380s, 777s, etc. As I said, I don't know for a fact so I'd be curious to see actual numbers.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I don't think DL, NZ or AC are reducing international F capacity. Since they currently (and for quite some time) have had zero F capacity, they can't possibly be reducing it. We're seeing some removal of aircraft with F seating (e.g. 747s, 340s), but I would be surprised if this was greater than the increase from new 380s, 777s, etc. As I said, I don't know for a fact so I'd be curious to see actual numbers.
I thought DL, NZ & AC only offer INTL J?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I thought DL, NZ & AC only offer INTL J?
They all used to offer F but chose to remove them entirely as far as my memory serves
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:11 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
All,

Let's try to keep this thread on topic -- that is, new routes we'd like to see launched by ANA. Discussion of a reduction in F service by various carriers should take place in their respective fora, or the Star Alliance forum.

- armagebedar
ANA forum moderator
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
All,

Let's try to keep this thread on topic -- that is, new routes we'd like to see launched by ANA. Discussion of a reduction in F service by various carriers should take place in their respective fora, or the Star Alliance forum.

- armagebedar
ANA forum moderator
OK. So does anyone know how many international F seats NH has across the fleet now compared to 5 years ago.... and how many F seats they have on new international routes..... and whether the trend (up or down) is likely to continue on new routes that we would like to see them launch.

For me, if they aren't going to put F in, there are NO new routes that I'd like to see them launch.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: NH Plat
OK. So does anyone know how many international F seats NH has across the fleet now compared to 5 years ago.... and how many F seats they have on new international routes..... and whether the trend (up or down) is likely to continue on new routes that we would like to see them launch.

For me, if they aren't going to put F in, there are NO new routes that I'd like to see them launch.
According to the ever-useful master thread, ANA has 19 77Ws (with 3 more due next year) - so that's 152 F seats (presumably 176 next year).

The trend depend on when you take the data point. The 747 had more F seats than 77W, and were retired about 5-6 years ago. The long haul fleet has been expanded since then so there are probably a few more F seats now than 5 years ago (but there must be a point of before all the 747s were gone, that there were a couple more F seats than now). However, with the 787s lacking F, F seats are a lower % of total seats and more international routes have no F than before.

If the new 77W deliveries next year have F, there will surely be a couple of new routes/frequencies with F and I would guess that would translate to the largest ever number of proper F seats NH has had in its fleet.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by BalbC
According to the ever-useful master thread, ANA has 19 77Ws (with 3 more due next year) - so that's 152 F seats (presumably 176 next year).

The trend depend on when you take the data point. The 747 had more F seats than 77W, and were retired about 5-6 years ago. The long haul fleet has been expanded since then so there are probably a few more F seats now than 5 years ago (but there must be a point of before all the 747s were gone, that there were a couple more F seats than now). However, with the 787s lacking F, F seats are a lower % of total seats and more international routes have no F than before.

If the new 77W deliveries next year have F, there will surely be a couple of new routes/frequencies with F and I would guess that would translate to the largest ever number of proper F seats NH has had in its fleet.
For ANA yes, I think longhaul 744 got 10 F (Correct me if I'm wrong) and they've had 10 747-400 in total, so that makes up 100 F.

Back to topic, anyone knows how's the rumour of adding IST & AMS going?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Houston has been announced. One more US destination still to be announced:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...medium=twitter

PDX has been discussed.
Is it LAS?
DEN?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:18 am

BOS-NRT [route speculation]

Are there any plans for ANA to start direct flights to and from BOS and NRT?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
I wouldn't know for sure if its in NH's long term plans and JL had the advantage of being the first to show up. There's pros and cons for starting it.

Pros:
Have right aircraft 787
Star Alliance frequent fliers in BOS (UA/LH/TK)
Future traffic growth in Asia from BOS (especially secondary China)
NH serves different markets from NRT than JL
B6 feed (NH and B6 are now interline partners)

Cons:
Terminal E in BOS is getting crowded may not be able to get ideal times
Limitations of NRT hub as compared to HKG or ICN
Other Asia flights mentioned above
You also have, HU successfully running BOS-PEK, CX starting BOS-HKG in 2015, and the looming spectors of some sort of BOS-PVG flight and BOS-ICN on KE once they get 789's.
JL retimed their flights to get more connections as well.

The Boston-Tokyo market was about 135 PDEW in 2013 and probably bumped up slightly in 2014 with a stable daily offering (no 787 issues). I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it but why did they enter a potentially overserved IAH over BOS which has more O&D traffic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.