Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
ANA will Launch Cambodia service in September.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.Vp2_rzakzKP
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Okay, maybe this has been discussed in another place before, but I'm always wondering why NH (or even JL for that matter) does not operate direct flights between KIX and SIN. Is it related to some traffic rights restrictions or slots in KIX or similar?

It would be nice to have another direct option aside from the twice daily SQ service ideally with a long-haul (fully flat) Biz product. Oh well ...
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
Okay, maybe this has been discussed in another place before, but I'm always wondering why NH (or even JL for that matter) does not operate direct flights between KIX and SIN. Is it related to some traffic rights restrictions or slots in KIX or similar?

It would be nice to have another direct option aside from the twice daily SQ service ideally with a long-haul (fully flat) Biz product. Oh well ...
There's a joke that NH is effectively a Tokyo airline rather than a Japanese one...

It looks like HND-US daytime slot allocations should be done by next month. JL and NH will share 5 slots between them, and I predict NH gets 3 to JL's 2. Any predictions as to what the destinations will be?

My money's on JFK, ORD and SFO. NH cancels the morning NRT-JFK/ORD flights (afternoon ones remain), as well as its sole NRT-SFO flight leaving that route with UA and having SJC as its NRT-Bay Area route.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
My money's on JFK, ORD and SFO. NH cancels the morning NRT-JFK/ORD flights (afternoon ones remain), as well as its sole NRT-SFO flight leaving that route with UA and having SJC as its NRT-Bay Area route.
+1 for SFO because the load factors on NRT-SFO have not been good.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:52 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
There's a joke that NH is effectively a Tokyo airline rather than a Japanese one...

It looks like HND-US daytime slot allocations should be done by next month. JL and NH will share 5 slots between them, and I predict NH gets 3 to JL's 2. Any predictions as to what the destinations will be?

I tend to agree, but I think NH will keep a NRT-SFO flight as-is to capture transfer traffic from Asia. I would love to be proven wrong, however...!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
+1 for SFO because the load factors on NRT-SFO have not been good.
This contradicts a recent interview by NH regarding their performance of their SJC route. It stated that their SFO loads have been in the 80% range and the flight compliments their SJC flight. I do not see NH dropping their SFO route.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Expect ANA to jump into PDX-NRT market soon.
DL is throwing another fit and threatening to cancel PDX-NRT.
Please come in ANA and save the day.

http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/...river_home_pop
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
I tend to agree, but I think NH will keep a NRT-SFO flight as-is to capture transfer traffic from Asia. I would love to be proven wrong, however...!
Three flights a day to the Bay Area, plus two from UA (and 1 from JL) would be a ton of capacity. If they use three 787s, maybe (DL did operate this route until 2 years ago).
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tanaka07

Haha I guess this one is under the radar until they resolve ME3's "subsidies".

Smart move though by not allowing HND opened to American Carriers. Instead giving them more NRT slots which is inconvenient IMO.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tanaka07

Probably unlikely ANA would jump on it. There's hardly a *A presence at PDX. I could see JAL though, codesharing with AA and ultimately AS.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Haha I guess this one is under the radar until they resolve ME3's "subsidies".

Smart move though by not allowing HND opened to American Carriers. Instead giving them more NRT slots which is inconvenient IMO.
It has been on the radar for quite a while, as the day time slots for US flights have been continuously delayed. Delta has been doing their utmost to block the process. The stumbling block is not Japan, it is the US.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I think ANA will move the HND-LAX flight to one of the new daytime slots, perhaps with late evening departures on both ends instead of midnight departures. Another slot will definitely be used for JFK. Third slot for either ORD or SFO (I expect UA would operate one of these routes from HND and NH would operate the other).

Note that a bunch of the midnight slots for US flights from HND are supposed to go away. There will supposedly only be two left, one for US carriers and one for Japanese carriers. I imagine that NH will give up HND-HNL and consolidate HNL service at NRT (which would explain the rumored A380s).
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:34 pm

ANA to start daily RT NRT-MEX on Oct 30

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/80764

Daily roundtrip on 787-8. Might be their longest flight in the system at 7,004 miles. Right now only AM operates this route 4x a week.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Daily roundtrip on 787-8. Might be their longest flight in the system at 7,004 miles. Right now only AM operates this route 4x a week.
Aero Mexico is only non stop from Narita, they stop in Tijuana from Mexico City to Narita. I thought it might have something to do with the high altitude and warm conditions of MEX. I wonder if ANA can do it non stop all year around in the MEX-NRT direction. AM is also on 787-8.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:00 pm

Super surprised about this. The Mexican Peso is at an super low point. I honestly don't see the market from Mexico to Japan.

The main reason I'm so surprised is because the point ANA fly NRT-IAH was to connect to Mexico. Instead they will fly into mexico now and split possible connecting flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.