Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Int’l Suite Lounges HND/NRT (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
ANA Suite Lounge is the name for ANA's first class lounges. There are international Suite Lounges in Narita (close to gate 50), Haneda (by gate 109), and Honolulu. In addition there are domestic Suite Lounges in Haneda, Naha, and Sapporo Shinchitose.
International lounge access:
All departing first class passengers gets access to the Suite Lounge regardless of Star Alliance carrier they are flying on.
ANA allows their own connecting first class passengers continuing to another flight in J or Y on ANA to use the Suite Lounge. This applies for same day and same airport connections.
Passengers arriving in first class on another Star Alliance partner connecting to a J or Y flight will not be allowed in to the Suite Lounge.

One guest is allowed with a boarding pass for the same flight.
Passengers holding ANA Diamond status can access the Suite Lounge regardless of the class and Star Alliance carrier of the departing flight.

Access to the lounge is not possible when arriving.
Domestic lounge access:
The domestic Suite Lounges are available to ANA Diamond members.
A Premium Class ticket gives access to the domestic ANA Lounges
Print Wikipost

ANA Int’l Suite Lounges HND/NRT (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by hamburglar
I see there is a new suite lounge at cts. I'm flying cts-nrt in Ana coach, then nrt-sfo in Ana first (separate tickets on the same day). Will I have access to the suite lounge in cts based off my flights? Thanks
Unfortunately not. ANA has one of the strictest lounge access policies going. Except for one very limited exception, lounge access is based on yuor departing class of service. So if your are in economy there's no lounge (unless star gold). Doesn't matter if you have a connecting flight later the same day in F.

The one exception is that they will allow you F lounge access if connecting at the same airport and you have arrived in F but are connecting onwards in a lower class. FRA-NRT-PVG will get you F lounge access before the PVG flight. But if you have to transfer to HND, no F access in HND
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Unfortunately not. ANA has one of the strictest lounge access policies going. Except for one very limited exception, lounge access is based on yuor departing class of service. So if your are in economy there's no lounge (unless star gold). Doesn't matter if you have a connecting flight later the same day in F.

The one exception is that they will allow you F lounge access if connecting at the same airport and you have arrived in F but are connecting onwards in a lower class. FRA-NRT-PVG will get you F lounge access before the PVG flight. But if you have to transfer to HND, no F access in HND
That is unfortunate. Especially as on an F Award any connecting flights are in Economy only (with no know way (to me) to upgrade them to premium). Why would they do that?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
June 2019 - HND Suite lounge

I just flew 4 international long-haul sectors on ANA and was in the lounge twice at either end of the trip.

It's exactly what I wanted after the very long flight. Perfect.

The smaller buffet in the front seating area near the sit-down dining

This is in the larger food area in the back section of the lounge.

Back in the front section, this was the menu for the sit down dining

The tomato hamburger steak

Wagyu Beef

Shizuoka Melon Parfait

Upon returning to HND and prior to connecting back on ANA TPAC

The individual pods

Took these photos before the crowds arrived

Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by blitzen
That is unfortunate. Especially as on an F Award any connecting flights are in Economy only (with no know way (to me) to upgrade them to premium). Why would they do that?
I agree. My friend got denied access too and they just said to check their page for access policy yet it only says First Class customer without specifying departing customers only. It’s like arrival customers are no longer their customers. This is the only place that has clear information. The US check in agent also gave wrong info so it’s too late for him to enter japan for the long layover. This first class experience is leaving him a real bad taste.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ycc777

I agree. My friend got denied access too and they just said to check their page for access policy yet it only says First Class customer without specifying departing customers only. It’s like arrival customers are no longer their customers. This is the only place that has clear information. The US check in agent also gave wrong info so it’s too late for him to enter japan for the long layover. This first class experience is leaving him a real bad taste.
Connecting on NH services at the same airport (HND->HND or NRT->NRT) you are permitted to use the First (or business class) lounges if arriving in those classes and connecting onwards.

Sounds like your friend transferred airports but rather than visit Tokyo during the transfer they decided to go through security in the hope of using the lounge? (If they are at the same airport, they should have lounge access.)
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Connecting on NH services at the same airport (HND->HND or NRT->NRT) you are permitted to use the First (or business class) lounges if arriving in those classes and connecting onwards.

Sounds like your friend transferred airports but rather than visit Tokyo during the transfer they decided to go through security in the hope of using the lounge? (If they are at the same airport, they should have lounge access.)
The description does indeed point to a international to international connection, though my guess would be that the second flight was not NH, which would also nix the F lounge access.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, I was assuming the OP's friend was NH->NH. Otherwise the rules of star alliance are quite clear... the airline and class of your departing flight determines lounge access. (There are some exceptions, SQ's TPR allows access based on inbound flight, and LH's FCLs the same. With others, some will allow you access to the lounge based on arrival if connecting on their own metal, for example UA and OZ).
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:16 pm

Oh, I was assuming the OP's friend was NH->NH. Otherwise the rules of star alliance are quite clear... the airline and class of your departing flight determines lounge access. (There are some exceptions, SQ's TPR allows access based on inbound flight, and LH's FCLs the same. With others, some will allow you access to the lounge based on arrival if connecting on their own metal, for example UA and OZ).
Yes, with these varying policies they really need to be clear on their webpage. The lounge staff asked my friend to check their webpage for access policy yet it isn’t that clear and leave space for interpretation. I called their English staff and they too admit the language isn’t clear and explain the exact policy just as described on this forum.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ycc777

Yes, with these varying policies they really need to be clear on their webpage. The lounge staff asked my friend to check their webpage for access policy yet it isn’t that clear and leave space for interpretation. I called their English staff and they too admit the language isn’t clear and explain the exact policy just as described on this forum.
I would say that the texts on the website are pretty clear, that it is about departing and boarding classes. The one thing not mentioned is the exception that a same airport international connection from F to J/Y on NH counts for F lounge access. But I have never seen that in writing anywhere before. Except here

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/share/re...ss.html#status

​​​​​
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would say that the texts on the website are pretty clear, that it is about departing and boarding classes. The one thing not mentioned is the exception that a same airport international connection from F to J/Y on NH counts for F lounge access. But I have never seen that in writing anywhere before. Except here

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/share/re...ss.html#status

​​​​​
depending on which page you found.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/servicei...etail/nrt.html
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In conjunction with the general star alliance rules around lounge access, the wording is clear enough... passengers ‘on’ ANA first class. As an arriving passenger you are no longer ‘on’ a star alliance F flight, you have just come ‘off’ one. Perhaps it is made more clear by our personal experiences (of being denied access in circumstances similar to your friend).

It’s not a great policy, and their F lounges are empty enough for them not to be so pedantic in keeping passengers out.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In conjunction with the general star alliance rules around lounge access, the wording is clear enough... passengers ‘on’ ANA first class. As an arriving passenger you are no longer ‘on’ a star alliance F flight, you have just come ‘off’ one. Perhaps it is made more clear by our personal experiences (of being denied access in circumstances similar to your friend).

It’s not a great policy, and their F lounges are empty enough for them not to be so pedantic in keeping passengers out.
Have you been to the ANA suite lounges in Haneda? They are often packed to capacity, curtesy of the ANA Diamond members plus guest that have access. I am not too regularly in the NRT lounges to really know, but my limited experience does not point to a much different pattern. If NH were to expand access rules, they would even more than they already are be in a dire need of capacity expansions of the lounges.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Have you been to the ANA suite lounges in Haneda?
No. I've never been allowed in! (Didn't appreciate they get that busy.)

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Aug 20, 2019 at 5:31 am Reason: spellin
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. I've never been allowed in! (Didn't appreciate they go that busy.)
For the evening departure bank, you sometimes have to wait in line for them to locate seats for you. Not really a first class lounge experience.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:04 am

Edit: wrong thread my apologies

Last edited by Vaguswarrior; Aug 27, 2019 at 11:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.