Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Int’l Suite Lounges HND/NRT (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
ANA Suite Lounge is the name for ANA's first class lounges. There are international Suite Lounges in Narita (close to gate 50), Haneda (by gate 109), and Honolulu. In addition there are domestic Suite Lounges in Haneda, Naha, and Sapporo Shinchitose.
International lounge access:
All departing first class passengers gets access to the Suite Lounge regardless of Star Alliance carrier they are flying on.
ANA allows their own connecting first class passengers continuing to another flight in J or Y on ANA to use the Suite Lounge. This applies for same day and same airport connections.
Passengers arriving in first class on another Star Alliance partner connecting to a J or Y flight will not be allowed in to the Suite Lounge.

One guest is allowed with a boarding pass for the same flight.
Passengers holding ANA Diamond status can access the Suite Lounge regardless of the class and Star Alliance carrier of the departing flight.

Access to the lounge is not possible when arriving.
Domestic lounge access:
The domestic Suite Lounges are available to ANA Diamond members.
A Premium Class ticket gives access to the domestic ANA Lounges
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Are there any differences between the 1st class lounges at these airports? I heard the HND First Class lounge was much nicer because it was newer and they had more food options. Has anyone been to both and can give differences?

Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Are there any differences between the 1st class lounges at these airports? I heard the HND First Class lounge was much nicer because it was newer and they had more food options. Has anyone been to both and can give differences?

Thanks
I would say food and drink are about the same. For ambience, I like the Haneda lounge better. It is newer, the seating (part of it) is more private. Both get quite crowded at peak hours. I would not say there is a significant difference though.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:02 pm

These have never seemed to me to be real "F" class lounges, especially food-wise (which is sad because they could do some very nice Japanese meals if they wanted). Just cheap noodles and a curry choice. Seems more like business class. Everyone in the world on an F class ticket or status on any SA carrier is in there.

Calling these lounges "suite" lounges is a serious "stretch", unless you consider a cubicle a suite. You'll have enough of that in the air - why would anyone want it on the ground?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:36 pm

The NRT Suite lounge by the 40s is a decent place to do some plane watching (though the UA lounge was awesome for watching takeoffs yesterday.) I wouldn't show up particularly early for it though, as it's pretty small and crowded during the 11-12 rush of US and European departures. Right at 12 though, I was literally the only person sitting in the lounge.

Food selection is merely adequate for a quick bite - but I'm fine with it considering the feast that was coming up on board.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:58 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Menus are available on the NH website: ANA Suite Lounge and ANA Lounge at NRT.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
HND is over-crowded, has uncomfortable seating and mediocre food.

The NH NRT lounges are better.

That said, I like the UA GFL at NRT better than any of the NH lounges.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Everyone in the world on an F class ticket or status on any SA carrier is in there
All first class passengers would have access, but for status access you would need an NH Diamond card, maybe also for HON or PPS card will do the trick not sure but the general star Gold crowd is sent to the business lounge.

Originally Posted by 5khours
HND is over-crowded, has uncomfortable seating and mediocre food.

The NH NRT lounges are better.

That said, I like the UA GFL at NRT better than any of the NH lounges.
Does a general first class ticket give acces to the GFL? Or does it need to be UA? Would like to look in on day, but not so keen on looking in on UA GF.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:54 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Does a general first class ticket give acces to the GFL? Or does it need to be UA? Would like to look in on day, but not so keen on looking in on UA GF.
Yes, per the *A rules a F class ticket gives access to any F class lounge.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Yes, per the *A rules a F class ticket gives access to any F class lounge.
Thanks. There are a few exceptions to that rule though, the F lounges and terminal in Frankfurt, Munich and Zürich are quite limited in terms of carriers.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: QF Gold
If arriving on NH F into narita, then departing NH J from HND would you be allowed in the F lounge in HND?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by davem4
If arriving on NH F into narita, then departing NH J from HND would you be allowed in the F lounge in HND?
I don't know if it's the official written policy, but I've never had a problem doing this.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by davem4
There is probably a better thread for this.

That said, first you'd need to be departing on an international flight I believe based on the HND and NRT terminal setups. Given that you are, IIRC, the official policy was that the lounge access was tied to your departing flight, but I recall others saying they were let in without issue.

Where you may start to have issues is when arriving on another *A carrier in F I would presume.

Perhaps our friendly mod can clarify and/or move these posts to the right thread.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:12 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Your friendly mod has moved these posts to a more relevant thread

Technically it's a separate airport, so ordinarily the answer would be no, but since you're flying on NH metal, and if you're booked on a single ticket and making a same-day transit, I would think they would allow you in. Be prepared to be turned away, however; also keep in mind that the HND Suite Lounge will be closed until mid-March due to the terminal expansion.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Current Suite Lounge Conditions at NRT

Let this month, I am flying into NRT on NH in C from S.E. Asia, arriving early morning, and connecting to an NH flight in F to the U.S. later that morning.

I am aware the available lounge options are the NH Suite lounges in satellites 4 and 5 and the United Global First Lounge.

From what I can tell, the both the S4 and S5 Suite lounges are currently being renovated (at the same time???), but that the S5 lounge is more significantly impacted than the S4 lounge.

Do I have that right?

I don't mind the relatively short walk between the lounges and am familiar with the tunnel between S4 and S5.

Should I just go to the S4 lounge regardless of where my flight is departing from or is there a better option?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Your friendly mod has moved these posts to a more relevant thread

Technically it's a separate airport, so ordinarily the answer would be no, but since you're flying on NH metal, and if you're booked on a single ticket and making a same-day transit, I would think they would allow you in. Be prepared to be turned away, however; also keep in mind that the HND Suite Lounge will be closed until mid-March due to the terminal expansion.
What lounge would one use at HND for departing in F if the lounge is being renovated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.