Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:37 pm

If it shows on the seat map, you should be fine... Where does it say type of seat in the booking process though?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
If it shows on the seat map, you should be fine... Where does it say type of seat in the booking process though?

I clicked on the seat map once I found the flight in the booking tool (the tool listed 77W as the aircraft type)

When i clicked on an open seat, there was a little tab that appeared that read 'check seat details'. I brought up the detailed seat description and the link below lead me to believe it would be listed as ANA Business Staggered in the actual booking tool.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_c..._2010/info_01/
Old Mar 24, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by FSUSeminole007
I clicked on the seat map once I found the flight in the booking tool (the tool listed 77W as the aircraft type)

When i clicked on an open seat, there was a little tab that appeared that read 'check seat details'. I brought up the detailed seat description and the link below lead me to believe it would be listed as ANA Business Staggered in the actual booking tool.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_c..._2010/info_01/
ORT-NRT has been almost always IOJ equipment recently. If the the tool says 77W, it will be IOJ ANA Business staggered.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:16 pm

IAD is still showing the old seat map for some reason...
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:07 pm

When is your flight?
For the moment IOJ seems to be alternate days on IAD route. Previously, when ANA changed the equipment, it took time for flights some time in the future to get updated in the system, sometimes only changing a month or so before.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by BalbC:20477004
When is your flight?
For the moment IOJ seems to be alternate days on IAD route. Previously, when ANA changed the equipment, it took time for flights some time in the future to get updated in the system, sometimes only changing a month or so before.
July.... Looking at the timetable it seems to show 777 for all days of the week..
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:51 pm

July.... Looking at the timetable it seems to show 777 for all days of the week..
Yep. Before when they introduced IOJ-77W only the first month or so was changed in the seat map system. Later months gradually caught up. This happened on several different route introductions. So it might not have updated yet. There is also an intermediate stage, where the old seat maps show up in booking, but people selecting seat had the old seat map and a warning that the configuration was going to be changed. So might take a few months before July is updated. Or indeed it could all change again depending on maintenance if the 787s don't fly again soon.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I just did a dummy booking for NH11 at the end of July (ORD-NRT). Can anyone confirm new staggered business? It shows it on the seatmap, but its not listed in the booking tool. Really appreciate the help!
Yes it is, flew one a few weeks ago, it was VERY empty in all classes. It seems like NH love blocking majority of seats til 24 hours to departure, it ended up leaving less than 1/3 full the entire plane, I got 4 seats to myself in Y, and most other people got 2, 3, or 4 seats to themselves as well.

I wonder how they can make any money on this route.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
best seat 777 J - new seats

I have 6k seat from SFO-NRT. Seatguru says this is not so good because it is close to lav. To me, seems like the solo window seat in the 2 row mini-cabin is a good seat. Agree or disagree?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I have 6k seat from SFO-NRT. Seatguru says this is not so good because it is close to lav. To me, seems like the solo window seat in the 2 row mini-cabin is a good seat. Agree or disagree?
You might like 5A better if you can get it, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with 6K. I've flown in 6C before and there was no problem with lav or galley noise. I did wish for being closer to the window and that's why 5A is now my favorite seat.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
You might like 5A better if you can get it, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with 6K. I've flown in 6C before and there was no problem with lav or galley noise. I did wish for being closer to the window and that's why 5A is now my favorite seat.
I flew SFO-NRT-SFO in the past weeks and it was in 5A and agree it's a really good location worth grabbing if you can.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
I'm booked on NH11 in late July. My current Seat is 9A, 5A is avail. according to the online tool. Is it THAT much better?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:49 pm

I'm booked on NH11 in late July. My current Seat is 9A, 5A is avail. according to the online tool. Is it THAT much better?
No, not miles better more like inches better but that's still worth selecting it if you can IMHO. The mini-cabin directly behind First is quieter than farther back and so offers a slight advantage but it's still a great product to me regardless of where you are on the plane.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:53 pm

I flew in 9A just a couple of weeks ago. It was great, although the guy in front of me seemed to love his newspapers so I had the sound of crinkling paper keeping me up all night. Literally every time he finished one newspaper, he'd go up to the front and grab another one. He never watched a single in-flight movie - he just read every single newspaper they had, and made sure to turn the pages as loudly as possible.

If 5A was available, I'd go for it. I don't see how the seat itself could be all that much better, but with one fewer person in front of or behind you, that's just one fewer chance at having someone annoying around you. Of course, you could still get unlucky with the person in 6C or 5D.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by basscadet75
I flew in 9A just a couple of weeks ago. It was great, although the guy in front of me seemed to love his newspapers so I had the sound of crinkling paper keeping me up all night. Literally every time he finished one newspaper, he'd go up to the front and grab another one. He never watched a single in-flight movie - he just read every single newspaper they had, and made sure to turn the pages as loudly as possible.

If 5A was available, I'd go for it. I don't see how the seat itself could be all that much better, but with one fewer person in front of or behind you, that's just one fewer chance at having someone annoying around you. Of course, you could still get unlucky with the person in 6C or 5D.
I had a toddler and infant that kept me awake in 5A on the outbound so yes, regardless of the location there could always be distractions though luckily the inbound was smooth & quieter but I like the smaller cabin and can see why others here do as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.