Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:23 am
ccc

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I am on NH 11/12.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ccc
I am on NH 11/12.
Then you will get business staggered. The window seats are offset to give aisle access to the window seat, so you should probably go for two in the middle. But there is a pretty big protrusion between the seats, for the footwell of the seat behind, so it will not be sitting right next to each other. You will need to lean forward to talk.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
On the 787 (NRT-SJC), what's the general sense of Row 1 -- A & K. I'm currently in K.

It doesn't look like there is a toilet right in front of me, so that's good.

How's the space, compared to another window, say 3K?
Does anyone have any experience with (even observing) Row 1 in the NH 787?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I flew in 1K, it was great. It's private. 3K is fine, just someone ahead of you of course. 1K may feel a little "tucked in" since there's a bulkhead in front of you rather than wide open spaces - but it's very private and you have some in-flight storage on the table forward of the seat.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Does anyone have any experience with (even observing) Row 1 in the NH 787?
Done 1A before. There is storage cabinet built into the front of the seat which makes it feel very crowded. Same in 1K. (Caveat - I'm not a big fan of the NH staggered seats in general).
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
I had to laugh when I saw the word "amazed" applied to a toilet!

Americans love that word and apply it to.....................everything!
How narrow minded to uniformly categorize a country of over 300-million people based on one word.

I suppose you do the same thing to the "brilliant" Brits?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:26 am

First Square Routes

Any site in particular that shows which routes use the 777-300ER. Are all of the 777-300ER fitted with the "Square."
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:46 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
ANA [New] J 77W and 787 Seats

Please take a look at the Master Thread -- the information you want is there.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:53 am

I couldn't find a thread on recommendations of best seats in J. We are booked in H and K on the first row of business on the old equipment. I have only flown NH once before and it was in First. Likewise, how about the new staggered seating on the 77W?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by travel4b
I couldn't find a thread on recommendations of best seats in J. We are booked in H and K on the first row of business on the old equipment. I have only flown NH once before and it was in First. Likewise, how about the new staggered seating on the 77W?
Staggered is not ideal when travelling as a couple, there are no seats really next to each other. The window/aisle combination is offset and the middle seats have a protrusion between them so you will have lean forward to talk. But all in all I would go for two seats in the middle travelling two people.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Staggered is not ideal when travelling as a couple, there are no seats really next to each other. The window/aisle combination is offset and the middle seats have a protrusion between them so you will have lean forward to talk. But all in all I would go for two seats in the middle travelling two people.
And on the outbound we are on the old equipment 777 (IAD-NRT) and I picked the first row of the mini-cabin 3 H,K. I'm hoping that since we are just behind FC, that they will not use the center section of the bulkhead row for infants in bassinets. Wishful thinking?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travel4b
And on the outbound we are on the old equipment 777 (IAD-NRT) and I picked the first row of the mini-cabin 3 H,K. I'm hoping that since we are just behind FC, that they will not use the center section of the bulkhead row for infants in bassinets. Wishful thinking?
I don't know if they have any procedure to use the bulkhead in the main business cabin first. In personal experience, the number of infants I have seen in business class, makes a bassinet in use unlikely in any event. But that is a different story.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
I'm flying NH2 in J in October...Seatguru/KVS shows it as a 77W...are these angle-flat seats? From what I can tell there might be a chance that I will get new-config J? Also, what are "best" seats for a couple? Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Please take a look at the Master Thread -- the information you want is there.
Ok-- so to confirm, ANA has 777-300ERs operating on all (it seems) its US routes to/from NRT, but some (like the afternoon ORD flight, NH1012), even though it's a 777-300ER is not the new First Square seat nor new J?

The master thread says the ones that are non-IOJ are referred to as 777 vs. 77W for the IOJ seats. Other links to ANA's official page on the ORD routes also only specify the aircraft on NH1011/1012 being the non-IOJ interiors through March 31st, 2014.

If my flight is showing up in the system now as 77W (NH1012, flying after March 31st, 2014), does this mean it's the IOJ seats, First Square and new J? On my original booking, it showed "777-200".
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transparent

If my flight is showing up in the system now as 77W (NH1012, flying after March 31st, 2014), does this mean it's the IOJ seats, First Square and new J? On my original booking, it showed "777-200".
That depends a bit on where it shows up as 77W, ANA is fairly consequent in only using 77W for the IOJ equipped flights. So if you are looking at the booking via ANA, then it should fine. Other websites may not necessarily recognise this distinction and indicate 77W for all flights operated by a 777-300ER.
UA's system have been reported prone to show the non IOJ as 777-200. So if you are looking at UA, it is known to be unreliable at times for ANA.
If you are in J,.go to the seat selection it will be quite easy to see the type based on the seat map.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.