FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1316656-business-staggered-77w-788-789-781-seating-thread-consolidated.html)

yerffej201 Feb 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

ANA says they are "fully-flat" but seatguru says they are angled flat. Which is correct? and what routes are they used on?

Thanks.

stargold Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Which route are you flying?

On the 787, the one that flies to FRA are fully flat. The one that flies domestic Japan (and probably intra-Asia) are cradle seats, and therefore not even angled flat.

On the 77W, all routes except MUC, IAD and ORD will have the fully flat seats (I believe SFO/LAX are in the process of changing to fully flat, if not done already). MUC, IAD and ORD have the angled flat seats.

BalbC Feb 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Seating guide

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 18058729)
ANA says they are "fully-flat" but seatguru says they are angled flat. Which is correct? and what routes are they used on?

Thanks.

ANA
Seatguru doesn't have the "new" 77W configurations loaded - even though they've been around for several years.
The 787 plan shown is for regional service (currently also used for domestic flights). The international version (and there is only 1 'plane currently in this layout in service) has the same business staggered seats as the 77W, with the difference of alternating row of 1-2-1 and 1-1-1 as the cabin is not so wide. The middle seats in the the rows with 2, look like they have significantly less space than other seats, whilst the 1-middle blocks are like thrones with a bit more room.

Summary of the long haul routes:
HND-FRA 787 has fully flat, but only operates alternate days, until the next 787 is delivered (maybe in April); other days are on a 772 with old angled seats
Fully flat seats for NRT- LHR, CDG, FRA, JKF, SFO, and LAX
Angled flat (Club ANA) for NRT- ORD, IAD, MUC and HND-LAX
Aircraft with old layout also have Premium economy, whereas 787 and new 77W do not

TWAB747nomore Feb 24, 2012 8:59 pm

any Idea when IAD is slated to get the new seats?

BalbC Feb 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore (Post 18077827)
any Idea when IAD is slated to get the new seats?

No idea - but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't until the 787 deliveries have progressed a bit. Currently, one of NH's reserve 777s is covering the HND-FRA route, so they may not have the spare capacity to cover aircraft being taken out for a refit.

As a guide, the first of this configuration was delivered just over 2 years ago and with conversions there I think there is a total of 10 aircraft in this layout now, with LAX and SFO routes in service from early this year. So it's a pretty slow roll out.

goler128 Feb 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Just took the LAX-NRT and NRT-LAX routes last week and they were all fully-flat.

metoo Feb 26, 2012 10:57 am

Originally Posted by goler128 (Post 18082707)
Just took the LAX-NRT and NRT-LAX routes last week and they were all fully-flat.

Good to know... I will be on NRT - LAX on seat number 5A. How was the ANA lounge in NRT? Any sushi or sashimi?

tomj888 Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

What did you like about them?

Originally Posted by goler128 (Post 18082707)

On the flights this weekend. Site says its the new config. I'm in 6K. What were some impressions of the seats and the service. I"m a life long UA person, but NH has a better hard product to NRT right now, so I decided to go with NH.

goler128 Feb 29, 2012 12:32 am

I'm an UA million-mile flyer but must say that both NH's service and hard product are much much better. The new business class seats are fully lie-flat and very private. And each seat gets aisle access as well. I was able to have good sleeps for hours both ways. I still think SQ is the best in terms of service, seat pitch, width, and configurations. But NH is certainly getting there.

Bob7032 Feb 29, 2012 8:17 am

Agree with above. Waay above UA in every respect. And you still earm EQM's and RDM's same as if you flew UA. No lifetime mileage credit on UA, but the MM program has been reduced to rubble.

I may never set foot on a UA flight to Asia again.

frebay Feb 29, 2012 3:44 pm

why is the ord-nrt route not going to get the fully flat seats? i figure they would be one of the first...

BalbC Feb 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by frebay (Post 18106122)
why is the ord-nrt route not going to get the fully flat seats? i figure they would be one of the first...

It will eventually. Maybe they are the last as demand is still high and competitor products are not much ahead of ANA's last generation seating.

Incidentally, is it only JFK and LHR that use the 77W with the extra cabin of C seats? I wonder if IAD would need that configuration too? Any also if the premium economy plan is completely scrapped now? The front mini-Y cabin in the high-C 77W looks distinctly unfinished.

TWAB747nomore Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

I am scheduled to fly IAD -NRT in may and wondering what the chance is on having new seat by then?

what is the current ANA seat comperable too?

Unimatrix One Feb 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by goler128 (Post 18101613)
I'm an UA million-mile flyer but must say that both NH's service and hard product are much much better. The new business class seats are fully lie-flat and very private. And each seat gets aisle access as well. I was able to have good sleeps for hours both ways. I still think SQ is the best in terms of service, seat pitch, width, and configurations. But NH is certainly getting there.

I agree that SQ's hard product is outstanding, but for soft product (food, amenities, crew) it's NH by a mile. I flew SQ J last fall after years of flying JL and NH, and I found SQ's menus and overall service far below the Japanese airlines.

armagebedar Feb 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore (Post 18107609)
I am scheduled to fly IAD -NRT in may and wondering what the chance is on having new seat by then?

Nearly zero.