Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
ANA website seat maps
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_common/departure/inflight/seatmap/
2-2-2 or 2-3-2 staggered all isle seats. Photos can be seen below.

FAQ about ANA "BUSINESS STAGGERED"
1. What planes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777-300ER(77W) and 787-900 (789), as well as one type of the B787-8(169 seats variation).
ANA website links on business staggered class is here (77W), (789) and B787-8(169 seats variation).

2. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats, odd number rows on the left (1A,3A,5A..), even number rows on the right (2K,4K,6K...)

3. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus.

4. I see 1A blocked on the 789 or 787. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.

5. What routes have the BUSINESS STAGGERED suites?
ALL 777W routes =NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH, & HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,CDG,FRA,LHR
ALL 789 routes (215 seats variation) = HND-SYD,SIN,BKK,HAN,SJC,SEA,YVR,CDG,MUC,DUS,
B787-8(169 seats variation). = NRT-MEX,BRU,DEL,BOM

6. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the preferred temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.

PHOTOS

Post 461 - Seat 3A on the B789 - August 2018 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072531-post461.html

5 photos below from Boeing 777-300ER (77W)
From 2 flights on the same trip - May 2017 - posted by 24left

Print Wikipost

Business Staggered (77W/788/789/781) seating thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ainternational
I finally experienced these seats recently, flying NRT->PVG->NRT. Apparently the later two legs each day fly the new configuration, while the earlier flights (which I generally was taking) have the old J.

What confounds me though is why they are choosing to fly these newly configured seats on a short route like that instead of the much longer route to BKK. From what I was able to surmise from the FA, with out somewhat limited ability to communicate due to my lack of Japanese, they are targeting afternoon and evening flights, presumably due to a stronger desire to sleep, rather than morning flights. I generally fly the morning NRT to BKK and back, thus perhaps that is why I haven't seen the new seats on that route.

What I am interested in understanding further is the timeframe for a full refit of existing birds flying these intra Asia routes..
Yes, answering my own question here - for the benefit of any others interested. Spoke with a ticketing agent @ NRT yesterday and was told that the later of the twice daily round trip service NRT/BKK is using the new J seats, while the early flights are not. Same logic as indicated above with regards to sleep requirements.

Now, anyone who knows BKK knows that when the flight is around 8am, you can guarantee that a lot of folks (myself included) will be passed out sleeping despite that the flight departs in the morning.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Best Business seat on the 787?

I am about to take my first trip on ANA and the 787! (SEA-NRT).
Can someone please recommend the best seat to reserve? (traveling solo)

Domo
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Since Aug 2010, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by exbrit

Domo
I can't make a recommendation yet, but I'm on the same flight in November 2013. Was assigned 3A when the award flight confirmed online. From what I've seen it's a seat next to the window (as opposed to staggered next to the aisle) and just what I'm looking for with privacy, so I'm not going to change seats (at this point).

If you hear or see any problems with this seat, would appreciate an update before my flight! Thx! But I think it's a good seat...
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DavisCalifJr
Originally Posted by exbrit

Domo
I can't make a recommendation yet, but I'm on the same flight in November 2013. Was assigned 3A when the award flight confirmed online. From what I've seen it's a seat next to the window (as opposed to staggered next to the aisle) and just what I'm looking for with privacy, so I'm not going to change seats (at this point).

If you hear or see any problems with this seat, would appreciate an update before my flight! Thx! But I think it's a good seat...
I was in 3A a few days ago. It's one of the best seats in the house and perfectly fine as are all window seats in odd numbered rows with the table between you and the aisle. For a better view out of the window choose a seat in the front cabin.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus Since Aug 2010, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I was in 3A a few days ago. It's one of the best seats in the house and perfectly fine as are all window seats in odd numbered rows with the table between you and the aisle. For a better view out of the window choose a seat in the front cabin.
Excellent! Looking forward to my flight ^^^^

Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does anyone know which seats the 222seat version of the 787 on the HND-PEK route has in C? It appears from the seat map that they could be either the old lie-flats (ala 772ER) or cradle seats (ala 767 etc.) but I cannot find any info that confirms either?

EDIT: Just found the answer to my own question here. Appears to be the cradle seat on the new 767ER aircraft. Great seat for the 3hr trip from PEK

Last edited by pogonation; Jan 6, 2013 at 7:30 pm
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:28 pm

I am looking for SEA-NRT seats in November or December 2013 on a weekend (Sunday). This post says:

777-300ER F/PY/C/Y w/IOJ interior ("77W")
NRT-SEA (weekends only from 12JAN13; F sold as C, PY sold as Y)
ANA website says "777", so not sure it's really IOJ layout? Also, if I book J using Aeroplan miles, will I be really able to select F seat? (F sold as C)?

Any advice?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:11 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by echino
I am looking for SEA-NRT seats in November or December 2013 on a weekend (Sunday). This post says:

ANA website says "777", so not sure it's really IOJ layout? Also, if I book J using Aeroplan miles, will I be really able to select F seat? (F sold as C)?

Any advice?
That far out, I am fairly confident that the route will be operated daily by the 788, so if you book now expect there to be an change from the 777 at some point.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:11 pm

JA777A is currently at NRT until 2/10 for reconfiguration into the new config (IOJ F/C/PY/Y). It will probably be deployed on either the ORD or JFK route to bring it to 100% operation by IOJ-outfitted aircraft (barring something unusual due to the 787 grounding).
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
No.... this is row 6
Looking to fly on the 777-300ER and I would love to have this seat configuration with the large area next to the closet. Can anyone confirm if this is seat 5A or 5H and 7A or 7H (or some other seat)?

Also, I noticed that there is only 5A and 7A open for seat assignment on multiple test bookings (a year in advance), while the rest of the cabin is empty. Is it blocked for are the other 5/7 seats blocked for infants/bassinets?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by luv2ctheworld; Jan 21, 2013 at 4:17 am
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Looking to fly on the 777-300ER and I would love to have this seat configuration with the large area next to the closet. Can anyone confirm if this is seat 5A or 5H and 7A or 7H (or some other seat)?
No, as the caption stated this must be 6A on the 787.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld

Also, I noticed that there is only 5A and 7A open for seat assignment on multiple test bookings (a year in advance), while the rest of the cabin is empty. Is it blocked for are the other 5/7 seats blocked for infants/bassinets?
Thanks in advance.
That's 6A on a 787. Those seats are the bassinet positions (the open area next to the AVOD console is where the bassinet sits). On a 77W, similar bassinet seats are D and H in the bulkhead rows 5 and 7. I think A and F seats in these rows have a closet for the CAs in these areas and not an open space. They are normally blocked for lap-infiants, but are offered at check-in. Maybe elites can unblock them by calling?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, as the caption stated this must be 6A on the 787.
It is already understood the photo is from a 787. As my post stated, I am looking for the same type of seat on the 777. Perhaps that is not made clear in the wording.

Originally Posted by BalbC
That's 6A on a 787. Those seats are the bassinet positions (the open area next to the AVOD console is where the bassinet sits). On a 77W, similar bassinet seats are D and H in the bulkhead rows 5 and 7. I think A and F seats in these rows have a closet for the CAs in these areas and not an open space. They are normally blocked for lap-infiants, but are offered at check-in. Maybe elites can unblock them by calling?
Perfect, thanks for the answer/clarification.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire, A3 Gold, Alaska Air, UA, Virgin Atlantic, SPG, Hyatt
I'm booked on ANA flight 5. Does anyone know if the problems with the 787 are forcing any equipment changes on other routes, particularly LAX-NRT?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by joelbra
I'm booked on ANA flight 5. Does anyone know if the problems with the 787 are forcing any equipment changes on other routes, particularly LAX-NRT?
Yes -- please check the link in the WikiPost at the top of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.