Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Flew SEA ORD this am, my seatmate was also a MM, and his name is the masculine version of my name - C & C and both MM, quite a coincidence!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
For those of you who keep track of flights with Flight Memory, how do you input your flight times? Typically I look at what Flightaware says for my flight's total flight time. Recently these times have been exaggerated by long taxi times. I am thinking of starting to use Take off to Touch down vs Flightaware's gate to gate times.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I believe the FlightRadar24 default display shows takeoff and landing times
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by seacarl
Didn't think that I would be saying that I miss the Cod. But I just had what they call the miso pork loin, but boy is it dried out and no miso that I can find. Miso pork loin is a catering miss. Next time I will try the grain bowl.

Then I take it you never had the pleasure of "Oriental Chicken Salad " I think my first 250K of flying AS was subjected to that salad
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Need 10k miles for MVPG by EOY, please help

Hoping this is the right place to post this. I need just under 10,000 miles to hit MVPG this year. I am available to travel the 24th and onward. Home airport is JFK and I don't mind flying on X fares to make it happen. Please help.

-J.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Hoping this is the right place to post this. I need just under 10,000 miles to hit MVPG this year. I am available to travel the 24th and onward. Home airport is JFK and I don't mind flying on X fares to make it happen. Please help.

-J.
Do you need to fly 10K miles or do you need 10K EQM? There is a 50% EQM bonus on all AS flights through the year end so in Main/Saver you would only need 6,667 actual flown miles to earn 10K EQM. You can also earn on Partner flights. You just need to make sure that you have or will have flown at least 4 segments on AS in 2021.

In discount F you would only need to fly 4,445 miles to earn 10K EQM so a single return in F from JFK to the West Coast would get you there.

James
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by BOB W
Yes. I do. As I recall they had all quit and taken jobs at Chili's..
Bob you silver tongue devil and by the by there is a Chili's at ANC !! Never never go in there when the crab fisherman are sitting at the bar before flying home
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
In discount F you would only need to fly 4,445 miles to earn 10K EQM so a single return in F from JFK to the West Coast would get you there.

James
Though as someone who saved their last 5600 miles or so to get Gold until now, I can tell you that transcons are not the cheapest right now, especially not in F. I ended up booking an LAX>AUS in F for this weekend and then have a quick X-mas eve LAX>SFO return to hit my last teeny bit to get me over the last little hump to Gold.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Dear Diet Elites,

Go away.

Sincerely,
16/46 on the SEA-ANC upgrade list

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

(since someone will ask, O fare, booked 8/22/2021)
maradori and PABE like this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow
Dear Diet Elites,

Go away.

Sincerely,
16/46 on the SEA-ANC upgrade list

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

(since someone will ask, O fare, booked 8/22/2021)
If no F shows up and you're on a -900, the seat is yours!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If no F shows up and you're on a -900, the seat is yours!
lol well played.

I just want to go back to the days when if I miss an upgrade on ANC-SEA/SEA-ANC, I’m top 5. That always made sense when on a low tier main fare and never raised an eyebrow.

At 16/46, even on O fare, it makes me think there’s a system issue. Upgrade lists for this flight are often in the 40s, even pre-Covid. I don’t know if it’s the inflated elite ranks or an IT issue placing AA CK/ExP above 75K, but I feel like I’m on a DL hub flight as a PM.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Though as someone who saved their last 5600 miles or so to get Gold until now, I can tell you that transcons are not the cheapest right now, especially not in F. I ended up booking an LAX>AUS in F for this weekend and then have a quick X-mas eve LAX>SFO return to hit my last teeny bit to get me over the last little hump to Gold.
That might very well be true but the OP is JFK based so has fewer options. It may be a tradeoff between price and time to dedicate to a MR. Even a circle trip JFK-SAN-SEA-JFK wouldn't quite get there in Main/Saver. The biggest issue will be finding any reasonably priced routes from JFK/EWR 10 days before Christmas.

James
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
is there an AS-metal segments requirement for MVPG? AA J may be a more cost/time-effective option out of NYC if that isn't an issue
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
is there an AS-metal segments requirement for MVPG? AA J may be a more cost/time-effective option out of NYC if that isn't an issue
4 segments for MVPG flown in 2021. Discount F on AA would earn the same as Main/Saver on AS as the 50% EQM bonus doesn't apply to AA flights so you would still need 6,667 BIS miles on AA in discount F.

James
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

damn that fine print

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.