Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:09 pm

I just wish there was not a 3-drink limit. The recent flight delays had a lot of folks waiting a long time in the club.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Mikey
I just wish there was not a 3-drink limit. The recent flight delays had a lot of folks waiting a long time in the club.
I have been to a number of lounges through Priority Pass that the T&C said had a drink limit, including the SEA N lounge IIRC. IME these limits have never been enforced.

-J.
be_rettSEA and Seattle123 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I have been to a number of lounges through Priority Pass that the T&C said had a drink limit, including the SEA N lounge IIRC. IME these limits have never been enforced.

-J.
At the N lounge in SEA they seem to cycle the bartenders out every 1-2 hours so I don't know how it would ever be enforced. I think you'd have to do a lot to get the policy enforced on you there. Just like everywhere else - on the plane, in outside of airports, etc. I worked bars for years (and am still plenty familiar with them) and unless you appear drunk the drinks generally keep coming.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I recently learned another definition of MVP: minimum viable product. Totally relatable

-J.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:52 am

The definition of torture: Thinking you got a last minute upgrade when getting baggage claim tickets only to realize it's just the top of the "O" being chopped off so it looks like a "U".
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by mtofell
The definition of torture: Thinking you got a last minute upgrade when getting baggage claim tickets only to realize it's just the top of the "O" being chopped off so it looks like a "U".
I understand that the U is the marker for Oneworld priority (not U space). So it will appear if you have elite status (according to AS check-in folks I have spoken to).
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Hi, everyone! We (P2 and I) were status matched from UA Platinum to AS MVP75K last year, and did manage, with the bonus EQMs, to requalify as MVP75 for 2022. So, in constructing our spreadsheet with EQM earning rates for partners, I cannot find ANYWHERE info about Alaska itself. Are there any EQM multipliers for certain fare classes or cabins, like the ones we get if we fly, say, American or Qatar? Qatar was a big player for us last year for requal, with their great $1900 RT fares SEA-DOH-ATH. But, we're starting off the year with mostly domestic travel (if any) and wondering whether it's worth buying up on AS. (I understand the RDM chart...it's the elite miles we're hankering for.) Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by slocouple
Hi, everyone! We (P2 and I) were status matched from UA Platinum to AS MVP75K last year, and did manage, with the bonus EQMs, to requalify as MVP75 for 2022. So, in constructing our spreadsheet with EQM earning rates for partners, I cannot find ANYWHERE info about Alaska itself. Are there any EQM multipliers for certain fare classes or cabins, like the ones we get if we fly, say, American or Qatar? Qatar was a big player for us last year for requal, with their great $1900 RT fares SEA-DOH-ATH. But, we're starting off the year with mostly domestic travel (if any) and wondering whether it's worth buying up on AS. (I understand the RDM chart...it's the elite miles we're hankering for.) Thanks!
Here is the page you need, look down to the Details section:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...earn-on-alaska

Here is the relevant wording from the note for your EQM:
"Base miles and fare class bonus miles earned based on the above chart are eligible for elite qualifying miles."

Note that for RDM you'll also add in your bonus RDM based on your status.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by samosa
I understand that the U is the marker for Oneworld priority (not U space). So it will appear if you have elite status (according to AS check-in folks I have spoken to).
I'm pretty sure my fare class changed to "U" when I'm upgraded but have missed it the last few flights and am not 100% sure.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by mtofell
I'm pretty sure my fare class changed to "U" when I'm upgraded but have missed it the last few flights and am not 100% sure.
Yes, your fare class does change to U when you get an upgrade.

BUT the “U” on the bag tags refers to priority baggage handling – not fare class. I get the “U” on every flight regardless of upgrades.
samosa, be_rettSEA and mtofell like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Has anyone looked at the RAM just released another hose job. I still for the life of me can not grasp why the new management rushed into the AA/OW alliance certainly we AS flyers can book coach anywhere we want to on AA but look for business or higher forget it.

I have traveled extensively international over the years and had no issues with the old format we had with BA ( sure had to pay the vig ) EK was fine and frankly the DL/AF/KLM worked just fine.

Look at the redemptions and tell me we are better off ? BA is still the best course unless you want to fly coach.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Has anyone looked at the RAM just released another hose job. ...
RAM award thread started a couple days ago ...
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
RAM award thread started a couple days ago ...
Thanks for reminding me however I was simply "throwing" it out there as many have with other issues that affect us over the years.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I still for the life of me can not grasp why the new management rushed into the AA/OW alliance
Quite clearly because they were quickly getting squeezed out of the table with nowhere left to sit. Miss all the Skyteam/DL controlled partners but those were gone, AA or not, well before the OW embrace. And until the recent reconciliation, AS was going down that same road with AA.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Quite clearly because they were quickly getting squeezed out of the table with nowhere left to sit. Miss all the Skyteam/DL controlled partners but those were gone, AA or not, well before the OW embrace. And until the recent reconciliation, AS was going down that same road with AA.
Sadly you're correct and I thought getting an upgrade during the NWA days was hard !!!!! At least we have the memories I still miss my Christmas cookies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.