Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:12 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Is that a recent picture?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by dayone

Or a bad dream
Old Oct 9, 2021, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by dayone
yep, had ~3.5 hrs that morning between AS790 and my <gasp!> UA EWR-ROC

and I neglected to post this pic … the placard is visible as you leave the N lounge in SEA

(kinda surprised this hadn’t already appeared here)
be_rettSEA and UtilityGuy like this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I actually snorted. (Squid Game / Netflix reference, in case you've been living under a rock)

Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
This doesn't deserve a new thread or anything, so I'll just put it here.

I quite enjoy when I settle in for a flight and recognize an AS FA from a flight on a different route quite some time back. This happened yesterday. I immediately recognized a FA on a SEA/OAK flight from an ANC/SEA flight I was on in early March. (Some people are just uniquely memorable.)

Of course it'd be weird to say, "Hey, [FA], remember me from 1,000 flights ago?", so I don't do that, but once a FA remembered me from a flight on a different route a few weeks prior. Even remembered the route. That was pretty cool too.
be_rettSEA and Arsene Wenger like this.

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Oct 17, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
This doesn't deserve a new thread or anything, so I'll just put it here.

I quite enjoy when I settle in for a flight and recognize an AS FA from a flight on a different route quite some time back. This happened yesterday. I immediately recognized a FA on a SEA/OAK flight from an ANC/SEA flight I was on in early March. (Some people are just uniquely memorable.)

Of course it'd be weird to say, "Hey, [FA], remember me from 1,000 flights ago?", so I don't do that, but once a FA remembered me from a flight on a different route a few weeks prior. Even remembered the route. That was pretty cool too.
A few months ago I flew PDX>OGG to bring my daughter over to my wife but had to fly back the next day and I ended up with the same crew since apparently that's how their schedule works most times - land in Hawaii and then fly out the next afternoon. I ended up chatting with one of the FAs a bit about it and remembered her. My next trip over a few weeks later I ended with that same FA which we both thought was statistically pretty crazy. She said that was the first time she's been back on that route since I had seen her. Even a bit more amazing was the first time I was up in FC with my daughter but the second time I was literally in the back row of the plane since I was with my twins and just bought saver fares. I joked with the FA that I'm probably the only person in history to go from the very front seat of the plane to the very back.

I'm trying to remember the comedian (Steven Wright or George Carlin?) that had the line about - "Do you ever run into the same stranger twice in a day? It's as if god is running out of extras in the movie of your life."
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by mtofell
A few months ago I flew PDX>OGG to bring my daughter over to my wife but had to fly back the next day and I ended up with the same crew since apparently that's how their schedule works most times - land in Hawaii and then fly out the next afternoon. I ended up chatting with one of the FAs a bit about it and remembered her. My next trip over a few weeks later I ended with that same FA which we both thought was statistically pretty crazy. She said that was the first time she's been back on that route since I had seen her. Even a bit more amazing was the first time I was up in FC with my daughter but the second time I was literally in the back row of the plane since I was with my twins and just bought saver fares. I joked with the FA that I'm probably the only person in history to go from the very front seat of the plane to the very back.

I'm trying to remember the comedian (Steven Wright or George Carlin?) that had the line about - "Do you ever run into the same stranger twice in a day? It's as if god is running out of extras in the movie of your life."
Nice, and statistically crazy is now going to be my favorite kind of crazy! All the others I'm familiar with have gotten so blasé. But I can't help but wonder how the twins feel about it (or will feel about it), realizing they're stuck in the back of the plane while older (I'm assuming) sister gets to ride up front in style. ;-)

P.S. I had to look it up, but according to one source, it was Louis C.K. who said that or something like it. Not to say he didn't filch it from someone else, of course.

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Oct 18, 2021 at 11:10 pm Reason: asdf
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
But I can't help but wonder how the twins feel about it (or will feel about it), realizing they're stuck in the back of the plane while older (I'm assuming) sister gets to ride up front in style. ;-)
Ha..... I'm thinking you must be a parent. Yeah, it was definitely an early lesson in how airline upgrades work. Main traveler +1 is all you get... sorry boys. Although, they were actually doing better than big sister since they got to stay in our old hometown of Oregon a week longer. Wife and kids came to Maui at the start of Covid but only big sister got into Maui school (so she had to get back a week earlier during break while they boys were remote and could "attend" from anywhere).
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The AS upgrade processor is on display in the SFO T2 museum exhibit!

Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The AS upgrade processor is on display in the SFO T2 museum exhibit!
Believable, but you aren’t fooling me.

Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Believable, but you aren’t fooling me.
Yeah, the processor in this thing is Light Years ahead of AS
Eastbay1K and vanillabean like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
Yeah, the processor in this thing is Light Years ahead of AS

Bob do you remember years ago when AS reservations crashed because they didn't have enough servers ? What a mess that one was.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Bob do you remember years ago when AS reservations crashed because they didn't have enough servers ? What a mess that one was.
Yes. I do. As I recall they had all quit and taken jobs at Chili's..
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Yes. I do. As I recall they had all quit and taken jobs at Chili's..
no wonder I had heart burn !
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Note to self, do not read Bob's or Edgewood's posts while sipping hot coffee.
edgewood49, pcoll and rustykettel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.