Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 7:06 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by maokh
Even more ironic. I am Cape May, NJ.
Lots of summer memories there!!!!!
Old May 15, 2021, 12:24 pm

I know the extra 6 month offer on board room renewals stated it could take up to 14 days to add the extra 6 months. It's been 10 and I'm starting to get antsy. Maybe I worry too much.
Old May 27, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I know that I'm not supposed to cross-post questions but I'm trying to put a companion fare certificate to use that expires tomorrow, and haven't had an answer in the flame-free thread:

If I purchase a reservation in M class, the 75K instant upgrade fare, with 2 pax in the PNR, one of whom is 75K, the other is MVPG, do both pax get the instant UG if available and immediately added to the waitlist if not available? Meaning does the 75K status apply to the other pax in the res immediately and on the waitlist? I know that having 2 pax in the PNR creates the risk of getting skipped over. But given that this flight is to a leisure destination and months out and one flight has all of F open on the seating chart, and the other has all but two seats open on the seating chart, and neither has any U space presently, there is every chance that U space will open up at some point, and given that we can't waitlist GGUs, purchasing M class seems like a good choice, if it works that it will apply to both pax.

ETA: The fare premium to purchase M is substantial over Main economy fares, also substantial over GGU fares, so I want to have some confidence that I am putting the dollars for an increased economy fare to effective use.
Old May 27, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by seacarl
I know that I'm not supposed to cross-post questions but I'm trying to put a companion fare certificate to use that expires tomorrow, and haven't had an answer in the flame-free thread:

If I purchase a reservation in M class, the 75K instant upgrade fare, with 2 pax in the PNR, one of whom is 75K, the other is MVPG, do both pax get the instant UG if available and immediately added to the waitlist if not available? Meaning does the 75K status apply to the other pax in the res immediately and on the waitlist? I know that having 2 pax in the PNR creates the risk of getting skipped over. But given that this flight is to a leisure destination and months out and one flight has all of F open on the seating chart, and the other has all but two seats open on the seating chart, and neither has any U space presently, there is every chance that U space will open up at some point, and given that we can't waitlist GGUs, purchasing M class seems like a good choice, if it works that it will apply to both pax.

ETA: The fare premium to purchase M is substantial over Main economy fares, also substantial over GGU fares, so I want to have some confidence that I am putting the dollars for an increased economy fare to effective use.
Yes, I believe that's correct, although there were issues on how the lower status companion would display on the waitlist at one time. Unsure if that was ever fixed. That's how we would do it, minus the dice rolling on U2 opening, with a companion fare- me as MVPG, wife as MVP, select Gold instant upgrade fare class or higher, and we were both upgraded.
seacarl likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:56 am

Is there a tool that will monitor flights for U space opening up and send you an alert if U space opens? What do you recommend using?
Old May 28, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by seacarl
Is there a tool that will monitor flights for U space opening up and send you an alert if U space opens? What do you recommend using?
Not the most intuitive for a first time user but it's the gold standard: https://www.expertflyer.com/
Old May 29, 2021, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Not the most intuitive for a first time user but it's the gold standard: https://www.expertflyer.com/
OK Time to invest. I know that there are often discount codes for ExpertFlyer - does anyone have one that is currently valid?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Overheard 6/9 SEA N Lounge:

Older gentleman: "What time do we board?"
Older lady: "6:30."
Older gentleman: "That's when the dignitaries board. When do we board?"
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
Overheard 6/9 SEA N Lounge:

Older gentleman: "What time do we board?"
Older lady: "6:30."
Older gentleman: "That's when the dignitaries board. When do we board?"
That elicited a big laugh out of me... thanks for sharing!
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:51 am

Anyone here in Boise going to the AS meeting with FF's ?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:58 am

What is AS wanting to discuss? Bad news?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mikey
What is AS wanting to discuss? Bad news?
It appears their going back to the regional/city meetings/receptions with it's FF
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:41 pm

Okay. Then it may not be a canary in the coal mine.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Mikey
Okay. Then it may not be a canary in the coal mine.
one never knows after they stopped sending the cookies at Christmas I stopped trusting them !!!!!!
Klrduks, pcoll, be_rettSEA and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:41 am

Are there problems with AS's A321 fleet? I'm traveling on AS628 SEA-JFK this coming week, and I noticed that on both Th 17Jun and yesterday SA 19Jun the flight operated 4-5 hours late, and in both cases the aircraft that performed the flight turned from a flight that arrived well past AS628 scheduled departure time, so it cannot have been the planned aircraft. Is the A321 fleet scheduled too thinly? Are they having more than usual MX issues? I'm also returning from JFK on AS221, which turns from AS628, and on both Th and Sa it arrived well past midnight, meaning it broke (virtually) all connections at SEA and missed the last Link trains.

Data: on Sat 19 Jun AS628 was flown by N930VA which arrived as AS503 from LAX at 10:36am
On Th 17 Jun AS 628 was flown by N922VA which arrived as AS7 from JFK at 10:56am
In neither case was the aircraft turned quickly, perhaps indicating that it was MX and the decision to substitute wasn't made prior to the aircraft's arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.