Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Color me impressed again. I filled out an AS Listens survey this morning about my travel last weekend and gave a fairly terse review to my experience in the PDX board room, with no soup on offer at lunch time, and quite crowded/noisy conditions. Within just a few hours I had a personal email from the "manager of brand experience" for the PDX lounge, apologizing for my poor experience and offering a free admission on my next visit (I was on a day pass). Certainly ^ of Expected, but I hope the message I was trying to get across also prompts a few improvements.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Color me impressed again. I filled out an AS Listens survey this morning about my travel last weekend and gave a fairly terse review to my experience in the PDX board room, with no soup on offer at lunch time, and quite crowded/noisy conditions. Within just a few hours I had a personal email from the "manager of brand experience" for the PDX lounge, apologizing for my poor experience and offering a free admission on my next visit (I was on a day pass). Certainly ^ of Expected, but I hope the message I was trying to get across also prompts a few improvements.
I just submitted one for the breakfast coming across on 32 the other day. The scramble was served soupy, and over run with Feta Cheese and olives I mean really bad. Worst meal ever on AS.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In looking at the route map in the magazine this week (nerdy people do nerdy things), I noticed that they seem to have dropped LAX - DCA. I was looking forward to dropping a cert there in the autumn. BWI is not the same thing!
Old May 20, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
In looking at the route map in the magazine this week (nerdy people do nerdy things), I noticed that they seem to have dropped LAX - DCA. I was looking forward to dropping a cert there in the autumn. BWI is not the same thing!
Still available for purchase to EOS
Old May 20, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I still see it in the May issue. With all the lines it can be hard to see, but it's there.
Old May 20, 2016, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks for the good news, folks!
Old May 21, 2016, 5:54 am

I hope not getting ready to board in 45 minutes !
Old May 21, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I hope not getting ready to board in 45 minutes !
We could have done a LAX meetup. I am in T5 and was briefly in T6 for sbux. Or are you in DCA?
Old May 21, 2016, 10:16 am

We could have done a LAX meetup. I am in T5 and was briefly in T6 for sbux. Or are you in DCA?
east coast end of things returning to PDX via LAX in air now! damn these planes are packed !!
Old May 21, 2016, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I filled out an AS Listens survey this morning about my travel last weekend and gave a fairly terse review to my experience in the PDX board room, with no soup on offer at lunch time, and quite crowded/noisy conditions.
Just curious - what time of day were you there? You mention "lunchtime" but that runs anywhere from 11:00am to about 2:30pm. Interesting that you were traveling on a weekend, too. Maybe you were there when Alaska had a bank of flights going out... Still, that shouldn't affect soup offerings. Perhaps the soup warmer was inoperative...?

I've been through the PDX BR more times than I can remember. They've always been most accommodating and rarely overly crowded. That said, it's a pretty small facility. Hopefully the future move over to the E Concourse might result in a larger Boardroom. In any event, I'll be looking forward to my next visit there the day after tomorrow.

FWIW, some of the BR concierges offer some pretty nice services outside of the BR as well. One of them from the SEA BR owns and operates a nice upscale bar down in Tacoma. I've visited down there on a couple of occasions and had a great time.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
east coast end of things returning to PDX via LAX in air now! damn these planes are packed !!
LAX is very busy today but the upgrade lists look short for all flights.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Just curious - what time of day were you there? You mention "lunchtime" but that runs anywhere from 11:00am to about 2:30pm. Interesting that you were traveling on a weekend, too. Maybe you were there when Alaska had a bank of flights going out... Still, that shouldn't affect soup offerings. Perhaps the soup warmer was inoperative...?
I arrived at about 11:30 and left at 12:15. This was on Monday actually (5/16). The pancake printer was still going strong when I left.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Seat 2A

I've been through the PDX BR more times than I can remember. They've always been most accommodating and rarely overly crowded. That said, it's a pretty small facility. Hopefully the future move over to the E Concourse might result in a larger Boardroom. In any event, I'll be looking forward to my next visit there the day after tomorrow.

FWIW, some of the BR concierges offer some pretty nice services outside of the BR as well. One of them from the SEA BR owns and operates a nice upscale bar down in Tacoma. I've visited down there on a couple of occasions and had a great time.
I am surprised as well the PDX BR is generally on top of it's game and IMO has the best staff system wide. The new club room will be much bigger and thankfully I hear tell no more wood paneling!!! But then that's a ways off. construction of the expansion has not even started
Old May 23, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I was on a flight earlier this month for which the F wines were boarded, but the FAs said they could not find a corkscrew onboard. So no F wines available on a 4h flight. Boo.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I was on a flight earlier this month for which the F wines were boarded, but the FAs said they could not find a corkscrew onboard. So no F wines available on a 4h flight. Boo.
You know thats interesting as it just happened to me on my last flight. maybe their leaving them off to save weight and going to twist top's
Old May 24, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Not a cost saving measure. The F wines were indeed onboard. They had corks. There were no corkscrews. So the FAs had no way to open these wines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.