Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by MissJ
Just hit two. Guess I should put in a request.
Whoa I would call AS thats too long.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:29 am

I sent in a request. Maybe I'll call. I've always had US partner flights post in about a week, but this was my first time crediting from Emirates
Old May 12, 2016, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by MissJ
I sent in a request. Maybe I'll call. I've always had US partner flights post in about a week, but this was my first time crediting from Emirates
Every once in awhile a trip becomes a pain !
Old May 12, 2016, 9:08 am

Hopefully it will be easy to make right. We were in F on the 380 so a great flight and a lot of points to look forward to one they post.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Is it possible to send a fax or scan a document to PDF for emailing in the board room in PDX?
Old May 12, 2016, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Is it possible to send a fax or scan a document to PDF for emailing in the board room in PDX?
you know I think so, call Frank there and ask
Old May 13, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Finally going to Alaska on Alaska for the first time. Somewhat fitting as my travel has dried up faster than a spilled glass in Death Valley with nothing planned for the rest of the year so this is it.

Anywho, I'm drinking Alaskan Amber right now to get in the mood, but do I play Johnny Horton on takeoff or landing?
Old May 13, 2016, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Yes to the fax to a number, it's a multifunction in the back. There's a placard about downloading the driver for printing from your computer. Might also offer scanner drivers but there no scan to file/email on the touchscreen.

Asked the wonderful staff and they think it's possible with the machine that have up at the front desk but they've never done themselves.

Other option they gave is a business center outside security. Directions were to go to the clock in the middle outside security and climb the stairs and it's right there.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
I recently flew two Horizon flights, SEA-BLI and the return. It's probably been 15 years or more since the last time I flew QX - and about as long since I was at BLI - and both were quite a change from what I remember.

I recall the old Bellingham terminal where you ended up going outside to get checked bags that were dropped manually after being off-loaded. The old airport design also had essentially no waiting area post-security. My, how that airport terminal has changed - and for the better. It's gorgeous!

But I also remember getting free drinks on those BLI-SEA flights - as I recall, they poured complimentary cups of beer, and I think there were snacks, too. These days all you get is a cup of warm water ... sigh.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:40 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I recently flew two Horizon flights, SEA-BLI and the return. It's probably been 15 years or more since the last time I flew QX - and about as long since I was at BLI - and both were quite a change from what I remember.

I recall the old Bellingham terminal where you ended up going outside to get checked bags that were dropped manually after being off-loaded. The old airport design also had essentially no waiting area post-security. My, how that airport terminal has changed - and for the better. It's gorgeous!

But I also remember getting free drinks on those BLI-SEA flights - as I recall, they poured complimentary cups of beer, and I think there were snacks, too. These days all you get is a cup of warm water ... sigh.

Well you could hope for DL service then AS will fly a 737-8, blankets pillows full hot meal !! right ?
Old May 15, 2016, 11:17 pm

Boarded a Q400 through the front door on a jet bridge (prop bridge?). I'm so disoriented.

Boarding order in FAI tonight
-families with children under two and people who need extra time
-active duty military
-Gold 75K. Gold 75K.
-Gold MVP
-2016 MVPs
and that where I got on so I have no idea if 2015 or 2017 MVPs boarded next.
Old May 16, 2016, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Mango Thai, just down International Blvd. just past Sharp's, is pretty good. A good option for those looking for something walking distance from the terminal and different than the normally-recommended Sharps/Dave's/13 Coins, though it doesn't quite stand up to Bai Tong, of course.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
Mango Thai, just down International Blvd. just past Sharp's, is pretty good. A good option for those looking for something walking distance from the terminal and different than the normally-recommended Sharps/Dave's/13 Coins, though it doesn't quite stand up to Bai Tong, of course.
I agree. The chicken wings were my favorites and all apps and entree's were very good to excellent IMHO. Service was friendly and fast with off airport pricing for the food. Dinner with two apps and three entrees ran $75 plus tip.
Old May 17, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sorry if this is a naive question, but I just got $300 to take the next flight (3 hours later). Is that the going rate?
Old May 17, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Sorry if this is a naive question, but I just got $300 to take the next flight (3 hours later). Is that the going rate?
That's what I got for my last VDB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.