Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
For travel beginning March 1, 2022: We will be moving to Terminal B1.
Annoyed because I think that means we will lose access to the AAdmirals Club in Terminal A.

-J.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Annoyed because I think that means we will lose access to the AAdmirals Club in Terminal A.

-J.
That was the only thing that made EWR departures somewhat tolerable. On my last pass through that (I hesitate to call it a dump, as I don't want to insult dumps), the AC was still closed - just open as a service center, and memories of unpleasantness were refreshed just like instant coffee, watered by the sinks in the porta potties.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That was the only thing that made EWR departures somewhat tolerable. On my last pass through that (I hesitate to call it a dump, as I don't want to insult dumps), the AC was still closed - just open as a service center, and memories of unpleasantness were refreshed just like instant coffee, watered by the sinks in the porta potties.
I was just there a week ago and it was open (thankfully) but they closed it early (and my flight was delayed). I wonder if they will try to get some special access with another lounge. Otherwise, I assume priority pass may work.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
That sounds miserable. The AA website says they have a bar and food, so that's enough to convince me to spend the morning there instead of commuting into the city during rush hour. I live in Queens but work in Manhattan so EWR is an option for me now.

Originally Posted by samosa
I was just there a week ago and it was open (thankfully) but they closed it early (and my flight was delayed). I wonder if they will try to get some special access with another lounge. Otherwise, I assume priority pass may work.
There is the LH J lounge, but looking at the hours it seems that it is next to impossible to access.

-J.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
You’ll be happy to hear my EWR transit is just one hour next time, so no time. But I did visit the JFK AC within the last year and don’t recall a severe mental breakdown from it.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
So Skywest is going to operate 747-8 aircraft on behalf of AS?

YouTube decided that this was a clip I might want to watch… wonder if it was made by a FTer.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Or if it has lie flats.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Or if it has lie flats.
Upper deck has the old VX F seats.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Upper deck has the old VX F seats.
Dysfunctional & Filthy?

James
notquiteaff, ctporter and pcoll like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Ugh I swear SFO is trying to screw over AS

Last week I was on a BOS-SFO return - we got back a bit early and we had to wait on the taxiway because — of all things, a United flight is using our gate and is still boarding

Right now I’m about to depart SFO-JFK and a Delta plane is parked beside us, at gate D12

Just wanna vent. Kinda annoyed “other” airlines are invading “our” terminal
GW McLintock and ssk244 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maradori
Ugh I swear SFO is trying to screw over AS

Last week I was on a BOS-SFO return - we got back a bit early and we had to wait on the taxiway because — of all things, a United flight is using our gate and is still boarding

Right now I’m about to depart SFO-JFK and a Delta plane is parked beside us, at gate D12

Just wanna vent. Kinda annoyed “other” airlines are invading “our” terminal
The layout isn't the best. When I was there a few weeks ago we had to wait several minutes for a company Airbus to leave the alley.

I am waiting for another cheap round-trip fare to SFO. I have a friend who is moving and my checked luggage allowance would be beneficial to him. Essentially he might pay for my next MR, so here's hoping.

-J.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Doing a SAN-JFK-SAN same day turn. Outbound arrived so earlier that I was able to sneak into the BA F lounge. My AS boarding pass didn’t scan at the desk so it took a little bit of fiddling and manual entry but it worked. Not bad for a sub-$200 mileage run.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skunker
Doing a SAN-JFK-SAN same day turn. Outbound arrived so earlier that I was able to sneak into the BA F lounge. My AS boarding pass didn’t scan at the desk so it took a little bit of fiddling and manual entry but it worked. Not bad for a sub-$200 mileage run.
Do you have the AA card to get access to that? I am an auth user and my understanding is I can't get in there. Have always wanted to check it out.

-J.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by skunker
Does OW Emerald status give access to the BA F lounge at JFK on an AS domestic flight?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Do you have the AA card to get access to that? I am an auth user and my understanding is I can't get in there. Have always wanted to check it out.

-J.
I am AA EXP and AS 75k (through status match hence the mileage run). As a OWE entry into F lounges is part of deal. She did try to steer me to the AS lounge right next door, but I explained I couldn’t use that (upgraded to first not purchased). After entering my information she said ok.

edit: see below. Maybe she was too nice to say no or the rules aren’t updated for AS yet.
GW McLintock likes this.

Last edited by skunker; Feb 23, 2022 at 2:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.