Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
A mini-poll

What is your failed-upgrade-compensation (free gold) drink of choice?

For me, it's a gin-and-tonic (w/o food) or Alaskan Amber (w/food).
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by ctporter
On a flight from ONT to SEA this week the FA told us she heard AS was going to discontinue handing out the water bottles soon and go with just serving in glasses. I liked getting the bottles, if I did not drink on the plane they were very handy for taking with me on the job.

CTP
Hmmm, if they can pour everyone a glass of water, perhaps they could toss in a bit of something stronger while they're at it.

In the morning it's usually not too much trouble to serve coffee, so why not a scotch on the rocks at 5:00 pm?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Last friday's flight was water in a cup before take off, and some point in the flight (I forget when), water bottles were handed out. I thought it was a money saving idea until she came around with bottles afterward.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by ctporter
On a flight from ONT to SEA this week the FA told us she heard AS was going to discontinue handing out the water bottles soon and go with just serving in glasses. I liked getting the bottles, if I did not drink on the plane they were very handy for taking with me on the job.

CTP
This is already happening on QX, for my flights at least. I miss the little bottles, especially on my often bumpy flights over the cascades.

Dave
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Alaskan Amber or Glenlivet.

Today I might experiment with the Glacierita. I'm telling myself it's for science.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I thought those hoity-toity offerings were only on Mexican runs?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I thought those hoity-toity offerings were only on Mexican runs?
Not sure... but if things go according to plan, I'll try to find some the first week of May
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by longdrelation
Last friday's flight was water in a cup before take off, and some point in the flight (I forget when), water bottles were handed out. I thought it was a money saving idea until she came around with bottles afterward.
IIRC I had this same thing happen on a recent flight...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger

JLAV (but I hope to be upgraded on those routes)... otherwise Amber or Scotch... depending on mood
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:47 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
With so much hubbub about the Iceland volcano recently, I completely missed this article in the WSJ about how AS is one of the most prepared/experienced carriers when it comes to volcanic ash situations.

How One Airline Skirts the Ash Clouds

An interesting read at the least...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:57 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by baliktad
With so much hubbub about the Iceland volcano recently, I completely missed this article in the WSJ about how AS is one of the most prepared/experienced carriers when it comes to volcanic ash situations.

How One Airline Skirts the Ash Clouds

An interesting read at the least...
I saw a show the other night on the incident involving British Airways. EIther history or NGEO I cant recall which. It was quite interesting
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BOB W
Please remember..water equals poop!!!!!
...and wine equals health!!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Yeah, I've probably got sixty or so left. The rabble from C keep pilfering them when they come over. They need to learn to use the lav in the back, too!!!

Please remember..water equals poop!!!!!
Indeed it does... silly bottles of poop
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by jackal
...and wine equals health!!
What ever happened to that person we met... who was due to join FT with the handle waterequalspoop?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Positives about AS to HI

I figured I'd throw in something positive to balance out the negatives that we've seen lately (what, with fee changes, etc).
I was skimming the DL forum and came across someone who was asking whether to fly DL or AS to HI. The OP are from ORD. Multiple responses came back that the AS service is superior, etc. All, save some AS FT'ers like beckoa, were DL fans.
Just thought it was pretty neat to see an outsider's view of AS.
Flying First to Hawaii: Delta or Alaska?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.