Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wow... just booked my first itnt'l itin (burned 90K)... and starting & ending the journey with AS... not sure if I'll go or not (since my friend is out of contact in Morocco)...but its there if I want
That's a pretty good value (in business.) Madrid is a neat place too.

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You found DL TATL inventory at Saver?

Don't let most of the DL forum know, you'll get flamed.

(This gives me hope that next year, SEA-AMS on DL could be an option for me in early June.)
It's not impossible, especially now during the off-peak times. I bet you'll be able to find SEA-AMS available in early June.
Yeah it is pretty good considering DL folks pay $75 for close-in awards... Plus it would cost them 100K...
@ library currently looking @ Spain books- still undecided @ goin'

Oh, and I might post this on the DL forum if I do end up going...

It was interesting... quite a bit of availability to AMS this next week... and on an A330... but then need to shell out the $$$ to fly to MAD- no thx

Oh, also interesting - on the 764 with lie flat enroute, normal biz on return, and the TATL 752 (16 F seats) JFK-SEA so have a chance to enjoy some decent products, and compare the 73H PDX-JFK to AS' transcon service
Old Apr 2, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yeah it is pretty good considering DL folks pay $75 for close-in awards... Plus it would cost them 100K...
@ library currently looking @ Spain books- still undecided @ goin'

Oh, and I might post this on the DL forum if I do end up going...

It was interesting... quite a bit of availability to AMS this next week... and on an A330... but then need to shell out the $$$ to fly to MAD- no thx

Oh, also interesting - on the 764 with lie flat enroute, normal biz on return, and the TATL 752 (16 F seats) JFK-SEA so have a chance to enjoy some decent products, and compare the 73H PDX-JFK to AS' transcon service
That's a pretty nice set of flights too. Haven't tried the lie-flat on Delta yet, but it looks similar (if not the same) as Air NZs' biz seats which are quite awesome. Get that (good for sleeping overnight) to MAD, then decent recliner seats on the way back during the day. Plus the 757 with BE to SEA ^

Maybe too late*, but did you add on another segment, IE to DUT or JNU, at the end? Could make it so the flight is sometime during the summer. I always try to do that with awards to see new Alaska destinations. Would make a cheap 7.5k mile trip to Adak round trip

*Forgot, you can change it at anytime.

Last edited by alphaeagle; Apr 2, 2010 at 5:50 pm Reason: *
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
That's a pretty nice set of flights too. Haven't tried the lie-flat on Delta yet, but it looks similar (if not the same) as Air NZs' biz seats which are quite awesome. Get that (good for sleeping overnight) to MAD, then decent recliner seats on the way back during the day. Plus the 757 with BE to SEA ^

Maybe too late*, but did you add on another segment, IE to DUT or JNU, at the end? Could make it so the flight is sometime during the summer. I always try to do that with awards to see new Alaska destinations. Would make a cheap 7.5k mile trip to Adak round trip

*Forgot, you can change it at anytime.
Can one do a stopover and an open jaw? ... if its possible I would... but not sure I can...
Old Apr 3, 2010, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Last minute inventory that was going out empty, more than likely.

Have fun!!!
Thanks ^

Will try to at least (still undecided @ going though... and then what to pack )

So if in DL Biz, I only get carry-on bag +1 item, plus 2 checked at 50 lbs each, right?

Kinda cool though- if I end up going, golfingboy will be in JFK for around 3 hours of my layover on his way back... of course I could head into the city... or I could utilize all the lounges I can (for free )
Old Apr 3, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, United Mileage Plus, Chase Rewards
Hello everyone!

I have been a long time lurker here on the Alaska page and finally decided to sign up because I now feel like I might have more to contribute, as I expect to make MVP for the first time this year. Thank you to everyone who posts here - FlyerTalk has been an incredibly valuable resource for me! I expect to be hanging around these parts for quite some time to come, although I doubt I will ever be able to put up the types of numbers some of you manage. Flying and traveling, especially on Alaska out of PDX is a big passion of mine - especially when it enhances my other passions of photography and teaching (I am a licensed Social Studies teacher in Oregon).

I suppose that is about it for the time being - thank you in advance for welcoming me into the AS FT family! :-)

- Luke (Ml007)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:21 am

Luke aka Ml007, Welcome!

Originally Posted by Ml007
Hello everyone!

I have been a long time lurker here on the Alaska page and finally decided to sign up because I now feel like I might have more to contribute, as I expect to make MVP for the first time this year. Thank you to everyone who posts here - FlyerTalk has been an incredibly valuable resource for me! I expect to be hanging around these parts for quite some time to come, although I doubt I will ever be able to put up the types of numbers some of you manage. Flying and traveling, especially on Alaska out of PDX is a big passion of mine - especially when it enhances my other passions of photography and teaching (I am a licensed Social Studies teacher in Oregon).

I suppose that is about it for the time being - thank you in advance for welcoming me into the AS FT family! :-)

- Luke (Ml007)
Always great to have more FT'ers on board especially in the AS forum ^ There are quite a few of us who love to travel, and not everyone is fortunate enough to get some EQM's thru work... I'd love for my work to send me places... but I know I am dreaming

And photography- guessing you checked out the other forums- there are some amazing shots in the travel photography forum

Otherwise, we do have a fairly tight community - if you ever make it up to Alaska- let us know- and we have events all across the lower 48, Hawaii, and the rest o' the globe as well

oh- and you've probably seen this already... but check out alaskaair.com/pdx - you guys are getting a little TLC this year ^

And congrats on being on track to hitting MVP... in June too ^ - That's the first six months... now add a coule more for Gold by Dec 30th [Don't want to cut it too close with wx & mx delays and such] Jan 1- rinse & repeat
Old Apr 3, 2010, 4:20 am

Can one do a stopover and an open jaw? ... if its possible I would... but not sure I can...
I just realized I could be wrong. When I first wrote my reply I was thinking you were using Delta miles, which you could do (I had just done it.) After posting it I still thought you could do it with AS miles. If it's two one-ways, all on AS you can do it. Not sure about the partner/round trip requirements. But that's how I'm slowly getting to all airports served by Alaska, in Alaska

Last edited by alphaeagle; Apr 3, 2010 at 12:42 pm Reason: Mistakes...
Old Apr 3, 2010, 4:26 am

I just realized I could be wrong. When I first wrote my reply I was thinking you were using Delta miles, which you could do (I had just done it.) After posting it though you could still do it with AS miles. If it's two one-ways, all on AS you can do it. Not sure about the partner/round trip requirements. But that's how I'm slowly getting to all airports served by Alaska, in Alaska
Now I'm confused....

So I can do this (call up AS and add a leg to DUT for the summer?) or would I have to fly on the return... (not sure I have time to do this b4 work on Fri @ 3:30 PM)

And yes, this is AS miles... for an AS/DL ticket
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Last minute inventory that was going out empty, more than likely.
Well, my dates are known WELL in advance: Pentecost 2011, a music festival in LEJ. (It turns out it will actually be early June, not May, since Easter will be late that year.) After some reflection, I am willing to consider something like open-jaw SEA-AMS/TXL-JFK-SEA on DL. (DL flies recliners in J on the TXL-JFK route and probably won't have switched to 100% flat seats by then, but the westbound from Europe is more of a daytime flight, so I'm OK with that- eastbound would be A330 lean-flat, which might be fine.)

So maybe I'd burn 125K for SEA-DFW-FRA on AA and the return to start... and then keep eyes open for the DL itinerary.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:41 pm

Now I'm confused....

So I can do this (call up AS and add a leg to DUT for the summer?) or would I have to fly on the return... (not sure I have time to do this b4 work on Fri @ 3:30 PM)

I messed up with my post, again I meant to say I *thought you could still do it with AS miles, but I wasn't sure. When trying to book it online I get this message:
You have chosen a destination which is currently not valid for multi-city awards. Multi-City awards can be booked only on Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air operated flights. Partner award bookings can be booked as open jaw itineraries.
I thought there was a thread with something about it, but can't find it.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 3:15 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Now I'm confused....

doesnt DUT still couint as being AS? I know there are a bunch of weird exemptions for DUT and penair because it involves EAS but I aint sure thats one of them
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:13 pm

I love how AS frees up extra seats at the T-24hr mark. I was stuck in a middle seat in the back of the bus on the 9pm LAX-PDX tomorrow night, but just managed to grab a window seat closer to the front on online check in. Someone is in the aisle seat too, so with any luck that middle will remain empty.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
doesnt DUT still couint as being AS? I know there are a bunch of weird exemptions for DUT and penair because it involves EAS but I aint sure thats one of them
Packing now... but I think it is AS... since its sold as an AS flight with KS operating- only oddity in the system like that IIRC...

Now to load up the suitcase- friends have requests that I'm staying with- did a Costco run for stuff
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:58 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Kinda cool though- if I end up going, golfingboy will be in JFK for around 3 hours of my layover on his way back... of course I could head into the city... or I could utilize all the lounges I can (for free )
Looking forward to it if you are up for it!

VCE is sure a neat place Only 4 days left
Old Apr 4, 2010, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Looking forward to it if you are up for it!

VCE is sure a neat place Only 4 days left
That's longer then my stay in MAD

But sure- enjoying some port in one of the JFK Skyclubs currently

Perhaps I'll meet you at the gate- assuming you make the flight and not bump- but we can finalize as we get closer to then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.