Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
When will it be in ANC? I'm guesting my daughter in on Thursday morning.
Didn't say in the email we were sent...

But it was not there on Friday.

They did have hard-boiled peeled eggs
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
What's the deal with the snow

It keeps falling and falling... its April!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: US Air Platinum, Alaska MVP, SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold, HH Silver, Avis First
Hello, all! My name is Bill (alias is MUTiger86) and I'm a new FlyerTalk member. I have been a member of Mileage Plan for about 7 years, but only recently have I started travelling for business (again). As I live in Seattle and have been funneling all my credit card points to AS, I figured that my best choice would be the home town airline.

As far as travel goes, I recently took a position as a consultant for a national practice at Microsoft, so I will be travelling extensively for the foreseeable future. Most travel will be to the US, often on the east coast.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Bill
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:53 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by MUTiger86
Hello, all! My name is Bill (alias is MUTiger86) and I'm a new FlyerTalk member. I have been a member of Mileage Plan for about 7 years, but only recently have I started travelling for business (again). As I live in Seattle and have been funneling all my credit card points to AS, I figured that my best choice would be the home town airline.

As far as travel goes, I recently took a position as a consultant for a national practice at Microsoft, so I will be travelling extensively for the foreseeable future. Most travel will be to the US, often on the east coast.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Bill
Welcome to Flyertalk MUTiger86

Always great to have more onboard and AS should work out well ^
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:56 am

...looks like 'the pond' is shut down...

For once its not Redoubt
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
...looks like 'the pond' is shut down...

For once its not Redoubt
LOL, and they're all up in arms about it. For us, it's just another normal day. Lower48ers=wusses

And welcome to FT, MUTiger86!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
LOL, and they're all up in arms about it. For us, it's just another normal day. Lower48ers=wusses
Yes indeed

Just look @ the thread in BA... granted if I was 4 hours enroute to LHR from SFO and it returned... ugh...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: US Air Platinum, Alaska MVP, SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold, HH Silver, Avis First
Hey, Beckoa, I see that you use multiple sites to track your flights. If you were to cut down to just one, which would you use? Just wondering...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Would any MVPGs be willing to check if there are any seats in row 6 open on my 8am BUR-SEA flight on Sunday for me? I can't see those until OLCI and I want to know if it's worth getting up early tomorrow to snag one at OLCI.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:18 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
On Sun 18Apr2010, AS527 has 6A/B/D/E open.

You can find the same information by initiating a dummy booking in full-Y for the flight on alaskaair.com.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
On Sun 18Apr2010, AS527 has 6A/B/D/E open.

You can find the same information by initiating a dummy booking in full-Y for the flight on alaskaair.com.
Thank you and thank you! I didn't even think of the dummy booking in full-Y trick. Seems painfully obvious now. 6A it is!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:20 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dabears1020
Thank you and thank you! I didn't even think of the dummy booking in full-Y trick. Seems painfully obvious now. 6E it is!
Do you really prefer middle seats?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
Do you really prefer middle seats?
That was a typo.

Or maybe I just enjoy rubbing up against complete strangers.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Hey, Beckoa, I see that you use multiple sites to track your flights. If you were to cut down to just one, which would you use? Just wondering...
He started with FlightMemory and has been migrating to OpenFlights (which was started by a FlyerTalker). I plan to do a similar thing in the future. If I were starting from scratch, I'd go with OpenFlights.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by jackal
He started with FlightMemory and has been migrating to OpenFlights (which was started by a FlyerTalker). I plan to do a similar thing in the future. If I were starting from scratch, I'd go with OpenFlights.
jackal is basically correct... except I have not updated my OpenFlights at all since I migrated the data (which there is a tool to use)... so its not too hard to have both...

Down the road I think it would be cool to order one of their maps (fligthmemory)... but it does take a wad o' $$$...

If you really want to 'waste time' you can log your roads driven

And now that I've visited Spain... guess I can make a visited countries

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.