Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Security was a pain in BOS this afternoon. They were putting everyone through the MMW machines.

Congrats Baliktad. You beat me to MVPG. My qualifying flight isn't until May 8th. I would have made it on my trip next week but had to book todays trip using points.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 1:39 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Thanks CDKing, I thought you might have been ahead of me with all those BOS-PDX runs but I guess a slow steady pace every weekend was enough to clear 40K in ~3 months.

Anyone know if there's something going on in SAN this weekend? The late afternoon flights Sunday evening are completely sold out, and the first 2 flights Monday morning also just sold out today, in F and Y.

I'm on AS493 SAN-SEA departing 6:30AM Monday morning, and somehow I got booted out of 6C and dumped back in 21D. F is sold out so no chance of an upgrade. I grabbed 14B but now considering whether middle exit row is better than a rear aisle seat.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by baliktad
Anyone know if there's something going on in SAN this weekend? The late afternoon flights Sunday evening are completely sold out, and the first 2 flights Monday morning also just sold out today, in F and Y.
Probably another set of spring breakers going in or coming back
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:38 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
lots of WA schools are on Spring Break this week...so flights are full coming back from all sorts of warm places this weekend
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
News article in CNN about Ryanair thinking about charging for the toilet. Time to bring back those old Alaska Airlines commercials...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
camping out in the SEA bored room .. i just found the pancake maker... when did this get installed??
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:59 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
News article in CNN about Ryanair thinking about charging for the toilet. Time to bring back those old Alaska Airlines commercials...
given the recent issue over passengers bill of rights ideas and the recent tarmac waiting issue I dont forsee this happening with US carriers....I hope not anyhow but stranger things have passed courts before. There was actually a cocky male FA on a MQ flight of mine recently where he bashed the airline law requiring flights to turn back to a gate. He was actually using profanity and everything and saying how AA will just cancel more flights instead of going out on tarmac and risk having to turn around. Seems some airlines never have issues with this and didnt have to be told be the big brother what to do. Maybe AA should just get its act together and be respectful to passengers and actually try. I almost think AA is trying to tank the company so they can file and restructure. Their service has gone from a 4 to a -3 on a scale of 10 over the past few months
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Good old American ingenuity can one up this....

Spirit Airlines plans to start charging up to $45.00 per bag for CARRY-ONS
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by maokh
camping out in the SEA bored room .. i just found the pancake maker... when did this get installed??
I want to say it was the end of February? They also now have them at PDX and LAX, and soon in ANC.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Sadly this is a technological impossibility
So when do you get back? There might be a BR greet up on your return...followed by a wine confiscation prior to your airport departure...let the crowd assemble!!!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by longdrelation
I want to say it was the end of February? They also now have them at PDX and LAX, and soon in ANC.
Very exciting ^

Will be in SEA BR tomorrow morning on AS81 :yawn: but will try my stack (hmm, 4, 6 or 8 )
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
So when do you get back? There might be a BR greet up on your return...followed by a wine confiscation prior to your airport departure...let the crowd assemble!!!
lol should be plenty of wine to go around...

But I do work in the afternoon 330-10... but we'll still have some fun in the next week

Sampling the coctail selections of the DL SC's in JFK...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Breakfast at the BR?

I never fly early out of SEA, but does anyone know what time they start up the food/bev at the BR? It opens at 0500, but if one were to show up around then, would there be anything to eat? Is the pancake machine on then?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by longdrelation
I never fly early out of SEA, but does anyone know what time they start up the food/bev at the BR? It opens at 0500, but if one were to show up around then, would there be anything to eat? Is the pancake machine on then?
Pancake machine is from 5:30-10:00...

There is food though such as bagels/english muffins/raisin bread, yogurt, fruit & Coffee Machine...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Pancake machine is from 5:30-10:00...

There is food though such as bagels/english muffins/raisin bread, yogurt, fruit & Coffee Machine...
When will it be in ANC? I'm guesting my daughter in on Thursday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.