Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 6:04 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by timber09
Does anyone have any sage advice for getting from SEA to MCI - I can't seem to do it with any AS flights for under $1k and even on AA or DL it seems to cost $600+ - this is the first time I have made this run in years and I am wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this other than through MSP.
All help appreciated!
We're still waiting for more info. We'd be glad to help What days? For $1K you could sit in F. Im still really confused that you cant find fares for under $600
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Flying through ORD on AA this Thursday. I don't know what gate I'm arriving or departing but would appreciate any advice on where to eat and/or drink while I have a 3hr15min layover. I'm flying from CMH-ORD-SFO.

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:24 pm
ANC

hmm I like the Macaroni Grill. Granted its just a chain but I like it. Probably because we dont have any up here
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC
hmm I like the Macaroni Grill. Granted its just a chain but I like it. Probably because we dont have any up here
Saw a couple of sit-down places in ORD... which one was the Macaroni Grill?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVP-Gold, Hertz Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ANC
We're still waiting for more info. We'd be glad to help What days? For $1K you could sit in F. Im still really confused that you cant find fares for under $600
Sorry for the delay - travel is next week. Departing on March 22nd with a March 26th return. I could probably make it work in a four day week if that would save the company some money or even an in/out of ICT.

The hunt continues this morning.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:09 pm
ANC

Sorry for the delay - travel is next week. Departing on March 22nd with a March 26th return. I could probably make it work in a four day week if that would save the company some money or even an in/out of ICT.

The hunt continues this morning.
Returning Friday the 26th doesnt seem like the part of the trip thats a dilemna. Things seem rather booked whether you use AS, AA, or DL to get there. Some of the DL is even in F, evidentally because all they have left is Y up fares. You could do name your price at priceline but bear in mind then you dont earn miles or get to choose routing. FWIW good ole Southwest you could go on a tuesday and return on friday for $400. But they are just as full on that Monday as well and have the same fares as everybody else on Sunday or Monday. Im sure you are already aware of it but Mondays are usually the busiest day

Last edited by ANC; Mar 15, 2010 at 2:23 pm
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP-Gold, Hertz Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ANC
Returning Friday the 26th doesnt seem like the part of the trip thats a dilemna. Things seem rather booked whether you use AS, AA, or DL to get there. Some of the DL is even in F, evidentally because all they have left is Y up fares. You could do name your price at priceline but bear in mind then you dont earn miles or get to choose routing. FWIW good ole Southwest you could go on a tuesday and return on friday for $400. But they are just as full on that Monday as well and have the same fares as everybody else on Sunday or Monday. Im sure you are already aware of it but Mondays are usually the busiest day

Yeah, Monday was the huge hangup but I ended up getting a fairly reasonable flight out on Tuesday and back on Friday so in the end it worked out. Will fly a bit further than I usually do on this leg but I am on AS for the bulk of it and one can never get too mad at earning a few more miles

March 23rd
AS SEA-DFW
AA DFW-MCI

March 26th
AA MCI-DFW
AS DFW-SEA
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Any PSG FTers here?

Hi,

My family will all be in Petersburg in early July and I'd love to meet up with any FTers who call PSG home (out of 2000 residents, surely at least one is on FT? ). (And beckoa, I need to get back to ANC again sometime soon!)

Dave
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Flying through ORD on AA this Thursday. I don't know what gate I'm arriving or departing but would appreciate any advice on where to eat and/or drink while I have a 3hr15min layover. I'm flying from CMH-ORD-SFO.

Thanks
CMH-ORD is an Eagle flight, so I think you'll be flying into one of the G gates. I posted earlier in the thread that if you've got a long layover, don't mind a walk, and like a good cheeseburger you should head over to the Billy Goat Tavern's outpost in United's concourse C. It's as far as you can go, but if you're the type that doesn't mind a long walk it will totally be worth it... if only for United's new-agey neon tunnel (you'll see what I mean when you get close to your destination). After you go through the tunnel and get to the top of the escalator, the Billy Goat is in a little food court that is ahead and a little off to the right. Also in that food court is a place called the Berghoff, which is supposedly a good option if you're not looking for a burger.

IMO the food options in Terminal 3 (concourses G, H, K and L, where AS and AA go in and out) are all pretty lousy. Macaroni Grill would probably be the best in Terminal 3, it looks like it's located near gate K2. I personally think Wolfgang Puck's is terrible, I would avoid it if I were you.

Best of luck!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:16 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by doog
. I personally think Wolfgang Puck's is terrible, I would avoid it if I were you.

Best of luck!
Yeah I went to a Puck express in HNL, that too was terrible. Id never go to another one. I dont like the one in Seatac either. Ive been to a real Wolfgang Pucks Restaurant and it was very good. Those express Pucks and the ones in the airports are terrible
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:07 pm
ANC

watching a show right now on National Geographic about DB Cooper and the partition walls are the AS triangles patterns for the reenactment
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:54 pm
ANC

Yeah, Monday was the huge hangup but I ended up getting a fairly reasonable flight out on Tuesday and back on Friday so in the end it worked out. Will fly a bit further than I usually do on this leg but I am on AS for the bulk of it and one can never get too mad at earning a few more miles

March 23rd
AS SEA-DFW
AA DFW-MCI

March 26th
AA MCI-DFW
AS DFW-SEA
glad to hear it ^ when doing some research I noticed that the return through DFW was reasonable as well...considering you are under 14 days
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by davew-krdm
Hi,

My family will all be in Petersburg in early July and I'd love to meet up with any FTers who call PSG home (out of 2000 residents, surely at least one is on FT? ). (And beckoa, I need to get back to ANC again sometime soon!)

Dave
Dang- I'll be on the East Coast in early July- fly back on the 8th from DCA-LAX-SEA-ANC... but otherwise it could be a fun place to visit (I had an uncle who lived there for a year or two- had a good time, but had other issues )

IIRC jwright is PSG...
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
IIRC jwright is PSG...
Yup--and there's a very good chance you'd even be able to bump into him right at the airport!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Has anyone played AirTycoon on the iPhone yet? Its quite an involved simulator, quite accurate to how economics work, and a lot of fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.