Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Hopefully not too far off topic.

From the MR forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ludes-anc.html

Not AS earning but a great deal to/from Alaska.

Last edited by Exiled in Express; May 27, 2010 at 10:10 pm Reason: remove bad info
Old May 28, 2010, 4:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express

From the MR forum:

...now if AS were to match (wouldn't have enough leave or $$$ to take full advantage )
Old May 28, 2010, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express

From the MR forum:

Nice post. Thanks for the tip. If I had a single spare dollar, I would book weekend trips for every weekend through the rest of this year. Alas, I am in a similar boat to beckoa...
Old May 30, 2010, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
BR member access upon arrival @ BOS?

I'm scheduled on a redeye next month, with a 90 minute "layover" between arrival and the next bus to Cape Cod. Can anyone confirm that Skyclub access works for arriving members?
Thanks!
Old May 30, 2010, 5:14 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm scheduled on a redeye next month, with a 90 minute "layover" between arrival and the next bus to Cape Cod. Can anyone confirm that Skyclub access works for arriving members?
Thanks!
Yes You can access the SC anytime as long as you are flying on Delta or Alaska on the same day.
Old May 30, 2010, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Thanks!
I do it all the time arriving in BOS. Its not a short walk from the sky club to the curb where the bus arrives. When I walk really fast i can make it in about 5 min. At least the sky club is close to the gate. Just hang a left from the gate (A18). The elevators are on the left past the childrens play area

Last edited by CDKing; May 30, 2010 at 6:48 pm
Old May 30, 2010, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've been to that gate, just never in the club - this'll be my first time @ BOS as a BR member. How are their breakfast offerings?
Old May 30, 2010, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I've been to that gate, just never in the club - this'll be my first time @ BOS as a BR member. How are their breakfast offerings?
Its the sky club your talking about so pretty much nothing. Ive never been in before 9 so I'm not sure if its any different before then.
Old May 30, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
Its the sky club your talking about so pretty much nothing. Ive never been in before 9 so I'm not sure if its any different before then.
I was used to the old CO club @ C where one could get bagels n such at that hour.
Old May 30, 2010, 7:09 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

From SMI last Feb...

Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider

Morning hours/breakfast (Club opening until 11 am):
Bagels, breakfast bars (date nut and others TBD), Montego Bay fruit and nut mix*, mini muffins (blueberry, banana and chocolate-chocolate chip), yogurt*

Post-morning/all-day snacks (11 am until Club close):
Pretzel mix* (Honey mustard, ranch and BBQ seasoning), chocolate spread, Biscoff cookies, cheddar cheese wedge (white cheddar, orange cheddar), crackers, Mesa Rose nut mix, carrot sticks*, olives, hummus* (plain and sun dried tomato), cookies (chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter chocolate and sugar) and dried fruit mix*. Also available in Asia Club locations – Oriental snack mix (supreme with wasabi, rice cracker crunch and Bonaventure).

For all items where there are multiple flavors/options, we rotate them approximately every 3 months. The * denotes healthy option.

Other healthy options:
As noted above, we currently offer some ‘healthy’ snack options, but we acknowledge that we are not where we would like to be on this front.
  • Bananas are no longer offered because they spoil quickly and there is a continual concern about pests like fruit flies from local health inspectors. The same is true for ‘soft’ fruit like peaches, pears, etc. as a result you will not see soft fruit in Delta Sky Clubs.
  • Apples were a popular option at both pre-merger Delta and Northwest lounges; however, we incurred a significant price increase in apples in the summer of 2008. Our option was to provide the current dried fruit product as a replacement. This particular item has greatly exceeded our expectations based on the overall consumption rate of this offering (we have qualitative data that clearly shows success of this item). An issue we are aware of with this option is that it is sugar filled and not considered ‘healthy’ by some. We continue to explore our options to return a true, fresh fruit option at some point in the future that can consistently stays within our operating budget. Again, when we have more information on this – we will definitely provide you an update.

SkyMilesInsider
Old May 30, 2010, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Golf!
Bagels, juice and coffee while I read/watch a video for an hour or so would be great!
Old May 30, 2010, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks, Golf!
Bagels, juice and coffee while I read/watch a video for an hour or so would be great!
The SC offerings are especially for breakfast. (food wise) - beverages are decent - many AS Top Shelf items are complimentary @ DL...
Old May 31, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At 7AM I doubt I'm going to be thinking about booze ... though perhaps a tot in my coffee?
Old May 31, 2010, 1:55 pm

At 7AM I doubt I'm going to be thinking about booze ... though perhaps a tot in my coffee?
Exactly... it was the SEA SC that convinced me to upgrade to a... triple baileys with coffee (good thing too since that westbound flight was a bit bumpy and I was stuck in whY)
Old May 31, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Why I'm glad I fly Alaska:

My last two trips have been on Southwest, not by choice of mine.

OAK-LAX a few weeks ago. It was a full flight heading back down to LAX. Boarding was going on, and all of a sudden there were about six people left in the aisle and all seats were taken. I wonder how they screwed that one up?

AUS-LAS-LAX on Sunday. In LAS, I realized that somehow I lost my boarding pass and paper ticket. So I went to the GA to explain, knowing full well the implications of losing a paper ticket.

Here is how the conversation went:

LAX.SEA.JNU: "I lost my boarding pass and paper ticket."

WN GA: "You know, you are the third person in your group that this has happened to." (Snarky attitude)

LAX.SEA.JNU: "Well, I'm sorry about that."

WN GA: "Who is your group leader"

LAX.SEA.JNU: "Does that really matter?"

WN GA: "Yes, I need to talk to your group leader and explain what you did. Your group leader is going to have to pay for your ticket."

LAX.SEA.JNU: "I lost the ticket, so I will pay for it myself, its really not my "group leader's" responsibility."

WN GA: "These tickets are like cash and I will have to pay if you don't have your ticket, and I've already overridden two of these for your group" (I'm thinking what are you talking about).

WN GA: (Throws all her papers and storms down the jetway, and pawns me off to another GA to charge me for my ticket. The other GA says she didn't charge me tells me to go stand by the jetway. I do that)

So then I eventually am let down the jetway and the GA stops me with my "group leader", who she has taken off the plane to discuss.

WN GA: "This young man doesn't understand how paper tickets work. He was extremely disrespectful, all I wanted to do was just let you know that this slight problem was going on so we could get your whole group on their way to Los Angeles. (I'm thinking, liar, you told me that you were going to charge my group leader $186 dollars for the walk up fare, and I was just trying to take care of the problem myself.) What do you have to say for yourself?"

LAX.SEA.JNU: "Umm, sorry" (I just wanted to end this mayhem and get home)

Now I'm just glad that my next 30 segments or so are on Alaska, Horizon, Delta, SAS, Lufthansa, and Lan Chile.

Last edited by lax.sea.jnu; May 31, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.