Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Just booked a flight into PUW for the Oregon-WSU football game this Fall. This is the last Pac 10 Stadium on my way to visit all the stadiums in the conference. I know there are some Cougar fans on this board. Any advice on what to do game day and after the game would be appreciated. Also would be interested in travel logistics ie rentals cars cabs hotels campgrounds etc? Nightlife? I'm taking an early morning SEA-PUW flight on Saturday and flying home Sunday morning. Thanks.
Go Cougs!

As for PUW... head back to the airport and take a corporate jet out... (I always wanted to!! )
Old May 19, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Go Cougs!

As for PUW... head back to the airport and take a corporate jet out... (I always wanted to!! )
I'll tell my buddy who's a corporate jet pilot to swing by that part of the country to pick me up. Yeah, at the burn rate of jet fuel that would go over well with his boss. He did tell me he could take me up on one sometime during a safety check flight.
Old May 19, 2010, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I'll tell my buddy who's a corporate jet pilot to swing by that part of the country to pick me up. Yeah, at the burn rate of jet fuel that would go over well with his boss. He did tell me he could take me up on one sometime during a safety check flight.
Well it was worth a shot...

I was a minor in PUW, so not sure what the 'hot spots' are exactly in PUW...

Budget has a rental facility (I did a OW rental PUW-PSC a couple years back ), there's an ok Mexican restaurant and Japanese one (great for PUW standards, but compared to OAK )

One of the better hotels IIRC was the LaQuinta (that's the one my dad would usually stay in) - I think there's also a Best Western, and some real sleazy looking ones. Sometimes one of the dorms (not used currently) is opened up to be used as a 'hotel' as well... but this is info that's a bit dated.

Do- check out the creamery at WSU- great fresh ice cream! Called Ferdinands! They do have some massive tailgate operations there. I have taken one cab there - to the airport... but there were a couple vans around town (seems like a low-key operation)
Old May 19, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS Gold75K, AS Board Room, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
SEA-MSP credits to your AS MP acct at 1399 each way (just flew it a couple weeks ago)
Old May 21, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
Let's keep me from having to move my own thread to OMNI, please.
Dates?????????????????????????
Old May 21, 2010, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Dates?????????????????????????
...they're there (at last) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...er-2010-a.html

Let's go hang up the laundry
Old May 21, 2010, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
...they're there (at last) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...er-2010-a.html

Let's go hang up the laundry
Would have gotten the dates earlier if I hadn't have had to keep a keen moderator eye here on YOU TWO!
Old May 21, 2010, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Would have gotten the dates earlier if I hadn't have had to keep a keen moderator eye here on YOU TWO!
So is this now the 'discussion' thread of the Cabbage Do?

I like the idea of tenting in Seward after fishing... hmm- silvers might be in- could go snagging!
Old May 21, 2010, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So is this now the 'discussion' thread of the Cabbage Do?

I like the idea of tenting in Seward after fishing... hmm- silvers might be in- could go snagging!
No, it's not. I'm moving you jabberers to the Lounge.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm at the SEA BR right now and even though I'm headed down to Pike Place for a clam chowder lunch in a matter of minutes, I decided to sample the soup here. Now I understand why you guys swear by it, it's the best free food I've had at a US Domestic Lounge.

Though I almost mixed up the animal crackers and oyster crackers!
Old May 21, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
So I didn't think this merited its own thread, but I was thinking that some of you regulars/long-timers might know the answer to this. Any idea on the timing of the quarterly (or so) fare sale for Summer? The Spring sale went through June 10date, and I'm getting antsy to buy a bunch more tickets (I get nervous when I only have 1 page left of tickets in My Trips ).

So over the past few years, when does this sale come out? I would have thought it would have hit by now given that June 10 is only 3 weeks away.

Dave
Old May 22, 2010, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm at the SEA BR right now and even though I'm headed down to Pike Place for a clam chowder lunch in a matter of minutes, I decided to sample the soup here. Now I understand why you guys swear by it, it's the best free food I've had at a US Domestic Lounge.

Though I almost mixed up the animal crackers and oyster crackers!
What kind was it?

We have a whole thread dedicated to Board Room soup...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...read-weep.html

I'm sure those who follow the thread would appreciate an update from you!
Old May 22, 2010, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
[RANT]

Im currently posting from gogo wifi on AS143 from PDX -ANC. The guy in front of me is hacking up a lung. He was the row over from me on BOS-PDX doing the same. Hope i dont get sick.

I know it may be a cultural thing and all (same guy) but hitting your wife becasue she's falling asleep on a red eye is completely inappropiate. I hope it doesnt continue later on.

My new biggest pet peeve is ringing the call bell when you want more to drink. It realy should be reserved for emergencies (same guy again)

[/RANT]
Old May 22, 2010, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
[RANT]

Im currently posting from gogo wifi on AS143 from PDX -ANC. The guy in front of me is hacking up a lung. He was the row over from me on BOS-PDX doing the same. Hope i dont get sick.

I know it may be a cultural thing and all (same guy) but hitting your wife becasue she's falling asleep on a red eye is completely inappropiate. I hope it doesnt continue later on.

My new biggest pet peeve is ringing the call bell when you want more to drink. It realy should be reserved for emergencies (same guy again)

[/RANT]

No fun...
Old May 22, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Those types of flyers aggravate me no end, especially since there is nothing one could do to have an impact on them. They are entitled, completely.

sigh

CTP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.