Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
We don't want the critical mass of those threads. And I am unanimous in that!
Not 'critical mass' but daily posts are encouraged
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:43 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by beckoa
Not 'critical mass' but daily posts are encouraged
Post # 1666 You're condemned!!!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Post # 1666 You're condemned!!!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Ok, I'm looking for the ultimate mileage run/cost benefit for a SFO-NRT trip this Summer. I would like to earn EQM's so I'm pretty much stuck with AA/DL with DL giving me better benefits in terms of seating. I would like to spend 7-10 days in Japan so if anyone could help me choose the best EQM to cost fare on DL or AA, I would appreciate it. There are so many options out there it's disgusting. Should I fly to SLC and then to SEA or should I try to avoid connections? Part of me thinks I should just do a N/S but part of me wants to earn additional EQMs by routing through SLC and SEA on the outbound and LAX on the inbound. Any advice would be appreciated. This is for late June or anytime July.

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Ok, I'm looking for the ultimate mileage run/cost benefit for a SFO-NRT trip this Summer. I would like to earn EQM's so I'm pretty much stuck with AA/DL with DL giving me better benefits in terms of seating. I would like to spend 7-10 days in Japan so if anyone could help me choose the best EQM to cost fare on DL or AA, I would appreciate it. There are so many options out there it's disgusting. Should I fly to SLC and then to SEA or should I try to avoid connections? Part of me thinks I should just do a N/S but part of me wants to earn additional EQMs by routing through SLC and SEA on the outbound and LAX on the inbound. Any advice would be appreciated. This is for late June or anytime July.

Thanks
JFK-NRT, or ATL-NRT would both get you more miles....but not sure about fares... might jump up a bit... but I'd probably fly on DL unless I had access to AA upgrade instruments (not sure if they are 'tradeable' or not... but exit row would help on that distance (DL))
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
JFK-NRT, or ATL-NRT would both get you more miles....but not sure about fares... might jump up a bit... but I'd probably fly on DL unless I had access to AA upgrade instruments (not sure if they are 'tradeable' or not... but exit row would help on that distance (DL))
I saw one routing where I would go SFO-LAX-HNL-NRT but I think the HNL-NRT portion was a codeshare and I probably wouldn't get credit for that anyway. I may just have to book direct when possible to avoid missed connections because I don't think routing through SLC and then SEA is going to give me that many extra miles. I wish there was a site that would summarize all the options and costs.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan,KE Morning Calm+ (ST E+),SPG Gold
I saw one routing where I would go SFO-LAX-HNL-NRT but I think the HNL-NRT portion was a codeshare.
DL flies HNL-NRT; don't see anyone else that AS would partner with that files that route.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
How does SFO/OAK (AS) SEA (AS) HNL (DL) NRT price? Either as one ticket or an AS SFO/HNL RT and DL HNL/NRT RT. It will require HNL overnights both ways, which isn't so horrible. It gives you some extra miles without having to risk summer thunderstorms in some oddball (east of the Pacific time zone) city.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
SEA - DEN recently I asked the FA who'd been playing Pilot Potty Dragon if they had an of those fancy $7 drinks, and if they qualified for Gold comps. She replied she'd never actually served one, but she'd never heard they didn't qualify (agreeing it would be horribly cheap of AS if they weren't included after all). I mentioned my frustration that I never seem to get a cheeseburger whenever I'm in coach. We had already been served the FC "snack", but she replied, "They're really good, let me see if I can get one for you!" I told her that wasn't necessary, but she had already left to check out the food cart, returning with "I'm sorry, but they catered 12, and those were all purchased." I gave her a Gold cert, telling her, "That's initiative!"
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:23 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
So... I was running errands at lunch and found waiting for me 3 magnums of grape juice and another case of yet to be released to the unwashed masses single vineyard kind of grape juice.

It doesn't suck to be me today
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by missydarlin
So... I was running errands at lunch and found waiting for me 3 magnums of grape juice and another case of yet to be released to the unwashed masses single vineyard kind of grape juice.

It doesn't suck to be me today
I hope you don't leave work with a purple tongue.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How does SFO/OAK (AS) SEA (AS) HNL (DL) NRT price? Either as one ticket or an AS SFO/HNL RT and DL HNL/NRT RT. It will require HNL overnights both ways, which isn't so horrible. It gives you some extra miles without having to risk summer thunderstorms in some oddball (east of the Pacific time zone) city.
Reading a thread on the Japan travel section of FT, I thought maybe a trip to KIX(Osaka) would be better to avoid backtracking. Here's what I'm thinking..(if anyone cares that is ) SFO-LAX-HNL-KIX(travel within Japan)NRT-SEA-SLC-SFO. There's only a 40 minute layover at LAX which has me worried since I'm going international. Of course the bright side is a 747 from HNL-KIX and hopefully decent seating due to the DL/AS preferred seating agreement. Is that connection at LAX too short? Oh, and I think it works out to be around 14,000 EQMs vs around 10,000 going N/S.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:19 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan,KE Morning Calm+ (ST E+),SPG Gold
Reading a thread on the Japan travel section of FT, I thought maybe a trip to KIX(Osaka) would be better to avoid backtracking. Here's what I'm thinking..(if anyone cares that is ) SFO-LAX-HNL-KIX(travel within Japan)NRT-SEA-SLC-SFO.
Oooh when are you going to HNL? I might go HNL-ICN this august; I can probably sneak you into the KE lounge! Can I trade that for a BR pass?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:34 am

25,000 Alaska air miles

How much is 25,000 Alaska airline miles worth?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:03 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by rocker
How much is 25,000 Alaska airline miles worth?
Welcome to FT, rocker!

Depends on how much you value each mile... I usually go with 2.5 Cents Per Mile [CPM] since that is how much AS charges per mile [about $25 per 1,000 miles]. So that will value 25,000 miles at $500 for me.

However, depending on what you redeem your miles for, miles can be worth more. IE, I book a $15,000 trip using 140K miles, then that will put the value for each mile at 10.7 cents.

Last edited by golfingboy; Jun 11, 2010 at 9:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.