Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by CDKing
[RANT]

I'm currently posting from gogo wifi on AS143 from PDX -ANC. The guy in front of me is hacking up a lung. He was the row over from me on BOS-PDX doing the same. Hope i don't get sick.

I know it may be a cultural thing and all (same guy) but hitting your wife because she's falling asleep on a red eye is completely inappropriate. I hope it doesn't continue later on.

My new biggest pet peeve is ringing the call bell when you want more to drink. It really should be reserved for emergencies (same guy again)

[/RANT]
Hitting your wife (or anyone else) should bring the airport police to meet your flight. This is totally unacceptable. The flight attendant should have the pilot call in if it's appropriate....
Old May 22, 2010, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
[RANT]

Im currently posting from gogo wifi on AS143 from PDX -ANC. The guy in front of me is hacking up a lung. He was the row over from me on BOS-PDX doing the same. Hope i dont get sick.

I know it may be a cultural thing and all (same guy) but hitting your wife becasue she's falling asleep on a red eye is completely inappropiate. I hope it doesnt continue later on.

My new biggest pet peeve is ringing the call bell when you want more to drink. It realy should be reserved for emergencies (same guy again)

[/RANT]
Wow.

Hey, when you land, PM me. Didn't know you were coming today. How long are you here for?
Old May 23, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Ok, I know there is quite a few people on this board who love to go to Hawaii so here's a link to web cams at various Hawaii Starwood Hotels. It looks like today is NOT a good day to visit Hawaii. This might be usefully for anyone thinking about taking a VDB. Enjoy!

http://www.seehawaiilive.com/skea-cam.cfm
Old May 23, 2010, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
[RANT]

Im currently posting from gogo wifi on AS143 from PDX -ANC. The guy in front of me is hacking up a lung. He was the row over from me on BOS-PDX doing the same. Hope i dont get sick.

I know it may be a cultural thing and all (same guy) but hitting your wife becasue she's falling asleep on a red eye is completely inappropiate. I hope it doesnt continue later on.

My new biggest pet peeve is ringing the call bell when you want more to drink. It realy should be reserved for emergencies (same guy again)

[/RANT]
Unbelievable......hitting your wife anytime is completely unacceptable. Was this guy drunk?
Old May 23, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott

I hate doing it, but sometimes it's the only way you can get an inattentive FA's attention. I resorted to ringing it in once when I was skipped over for the second drink service (seat mate's wine glass was refilled, but I was offered nothing) and the FA was holed up in her jump-seat reading a book.

If it were a true emergency I'd probably just call out verbally.
Old May 23, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
More Horizon drama

Let's see ... a while ago, we were late taking off when a passenger near the back was deemed "abusive" by those around her, appealing to the crew to have her thrown off (the captain seemed to wash his hands of it, letting the FA and GA decide; the woman was allowed to stay).

Another flight thereafter, the FA and GA argued about the final count, causing a needless delay ("The computer shows X!" vs. "I count Y!").

Today (PDX - SEA), we had a very-last-minute deadheading pilot bump an already-seated standby passenger (there had 17 listed!), followed by a GA-FA hoo-hah over the fellow seated in 1A, with a hand-written seat assignment from the GA in Eugene vs. the PDX pax assigned 1A for the SEA continuation by the computer. Mr. Eugene seemed unwilling to give up his exit row seat after the GA found him in 8A on her manifest - she'd knee-jerkingly tried to throw him off our flight altogether ("Get your stuff, you have to get off and come with me!") when she couldn't find his name on the manifest the first time - so, the PDX 1A took 8A, rather than argue about it.
Old May 23, 2010, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jackal
Wow.

Hey, when you land, PM me. Didn't know you were coming today. How long are you here for?
It was just a quick stop. Not even long enough to let the FA's out between flights. For some reason I can't ever connect to ANC free wifi.

Luckily for him the crew didnt notice most of his behavior (other than the presing of the call button every 20-30 min) I was really tired and i didnt want to risk missing my conections so i didnt say anything.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Ok, I know there is quite a few people on this board who love to go to Hawaii so here's a link to web cams at various Hawaii Starwood Hotels. It looks like today is NOT a good day to visit Hawaii. This might be usefully for anyone thinking about taking a VDB. Enjoy!

http://www.seehawaiilive.com/skea-cam.cfm
Very

Can even control it
Old May 24, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Another flight thereafter, the FA and GA argued about the final count, causing a needless delay ("The computer shows X!" vs. "I count Y!").
This seems to be a common event, particularly on the flights between SEA and PDX. Perhaps it is all complicated by the high number of standbys. When it happens, it typically delays the flight by 5 to 10 minutes. If you are seated near the front of the plane, you get to watch the drama unfold.
Old May 24, 2010, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
No, it shouldn't. It is not an emergency bell. I ring it maybe once a year but it is usually due to a service fault, or being trapped in a window (and wanting to ask for something.)
Old May 24, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No, it shouldn't. It is not an emergency bell. I ring it maybe once a year but it is usually due to a service fault, or being trapped in a window (and wanting to ask for something.)
Exactly, there's a reason why the figure on the button is shown holding a tray rather than running with a fire extinguisher.
Old May 25, 2010, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since I havnt seen an new gate lice (yea i know bad term) pictures in a few weeks. i thought id post the one I took very early sunday morning while waiting to board my flight in ANC. There was no one between me and the door and I swear 1/4 of the passengers jumped up as soon as they announced pre-boarding

http://twitpic.com/1r2iyd
Old May 25, 2010, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Since I havnt seen an new gate lice (yea i know bad term) pictures in a few weeks. i thought id post the one I took very early sunday morning while waiting to board my flight in ANC. There was no one between me and the door and I swear 1/4 of the passengers jumped up as soon as they announced pre-boarding

That's ANC for ye

I've seen much worse too... when half the plane has little ones...
Old May 25, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

For a minute I thought that might have been my flight. I left ANC on flt 110 at 1:10 AM Monday morning. looked much the same.
Old May 26, 2010, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
For a minute I thought that might have been my flight. I left ANC on flt 110 at 1:10 AM Monday morning. looked much the same.
Damn i missed you by one day. I was on 110 sunday morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.