Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: MVP, Hertz Gold, IHG Gold Elite
Is anyone going to be around BUR tomorrow morning or at SEA tomorrow between 1:30 and 3:30? I've got another quick MR up the coast. So far my upgrade came through for the flight up, I've got my fingers crossed that I get one for the flight back, but nothing yet.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:17 pm

intro

hi all. n00b here from seattle dropping by to say hi. crossed 40k BIS this past weekend, will be my first year as gold.

cheers!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by kayet
Please proceed with figuring out who woke up grumpy - I'm going to sleep for a few hours before I also do so.

~KT
I think we figured that out, and you know him although he claims he was not grumpy. YMMV
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
< Interrupting Newbie >

Just dropping in to say "Hi" and introduce myself, this seemed as good as anywhere to do so. I'm a long-time FT lurker based in ANC, have known jackal for something like 10 or 12 years and figure I better start asking others besides him a few of my silly questions from time to time. Hope to contribute something too around here when I can.

< /Interrupting Newbie >

Please proceed with figuring out who woke up grumpy - I'm going to sleep for a few hours before I also do so.

~KT
Очень приятно

Welcome to the posting side of Flyertalk and the awesome AS forum ^ kayet

What's so crazy about visiting DFW a few times in a day? It's got good food!
I hear MEM and AUS have amazing bbq right in the airport.... but sadly have not been to either...

Originally Posted by jackal
Met beckoa in the ANC Board Room this morning with guests AKRonin +1 in tow, who were getting ready to depart to OGG. Enjoyed the pancake machine, bagels with strawberry cream cheese, lattes, and a few raspberry Italian sodas before it was time to leave. As we were getting one last refill on the coffee, I hear this shouted across the Board Room from the concierge:

"[beckoa's real name], your friends really need to get on the airplane."

Guess she forgot who she was dealing with. We are the masters of boarding at the last possible second.
...yes and they were not the last ones to board either

But appreciate the concierges keeping up on us... so they did make the flight ^

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
hi all. n00b here from seattle dropping by to say hi. crossed 40k BIS this past weekend, will be my first year as gold.

cheers!
Congrats to ahcjar on achieving MVPG... its hard to go back...

oh- and looks like one needs to update their FT profile...

Last edited by jackal; Dec 14, 2010 at 6:49 pm Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Did AS finally update their downgrade from F policy? An MVP on the facebook page was downgraded from F to Y due to equipment change. She was an upgrade and she was not in row 4.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CDKing
Did AS finally update their downgrade from F policy? An MVP on the facebook page was downgraded from F to Y due to equipment change. She was an upgrade and she was not in row 4.
If so, good news! ^

AS just needs to adjust their downgrade compensation to match CO's... )

(Seriously, go look up what Continental gives their downgraded pax!)
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by beckoa
Очень приятно
мне тоже

Originally Posted by beckoa
I hear MEM and AUS have amazing bbq right in the airport.... but sadly have not been to either...
Mmm, bbq! ...about that status I'm not trying to get this year...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

мне тоже
Mhe Toxe? Me is toxic?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mhe Toxe? Me is toxic?
Looks to be russian

Beckoa said pleased to meet you

http://dictionary.reverso.net/russia...82%D0%BD%D0%BE
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks to be russian

Beckoa said pleased to meet you

http://dictionary.reverso.net/russia...82%D0%BD%D0%BE
I know how to use http://translate.google.com.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If so, good news! ^

AS just needs to adjust their downgrade compensation to match CO's... )

(Seriously, go look up what Continental gives their downgraded pax!)
I'd take an extra e-cert (on any fare).
Old Dec 15, 2010, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, I bought the same Blu-Ray player as BOB W, which features native Netflix-On-Demand streaming. Got it all wired up and then settled in for a nice Netflix movie (since I have no Blu-Rays in the house).

The lovely Internet@TV app through which you access Netflix proceeds to launch, do nothing, and then crash. Wonderful.

Tried a gazillion things and even (gasp!) broke out the user's manual (is my man-card revoked?). Finally, I resorted to calling Samsung.

"Sir, you said you have bought this only today?"

"Yes."

"Ah, OK, sir. I am seeing our Internet@TV service is now down for an updating. The update will be taking 24 hours. It will be all updated by 3am on December 13. I am sorry to telling you the best thing to do is to wait until December 13 and try again."

"OK, thank you very much."

"You are welcome very much!"

Guess it's an early bedtime, then...

Last edited by jackal; Dec 15, 2010 at 4:37 am
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
So, I bought the same Blu-Ray player as BOB W, which features native Netflix-On-Demand streaming. Got it all wired up and then settled in for a nice Netflix movie (since I have no Blu-Rays in the house).

The lovely Internet@TV app through which you access Netflix proceeds to launch, do nothing, and then crash. Wonderful.

Tried a gazillion things and even (gasp!) broke out the user's manual (is my man-card revoked?). Finally, I resorted to calling Samsung.

"Sir, you said you have bought this only today?"

"Yes."

"Ah, OK, sir. I am seeing our Internet@TV service is now down for an updating. The update will be taking 24 hours. It will be all updated by 3am on December 13. I am sorry to telling you the best thing to do is to wait until December 13 and try again."

"OK, thank you very much."

"You are welcome very much!"

Guess it's an early bedtime, then...
It's really awesome once you get it running.^^
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OH damn i'm torn. $159 sale price PDX-HNL each way in January, Or do i go to my first MVPG lunch Well i have both booked. Hope AS doent freak out that i have two different tickets booked to two different destinations on the same date that i couldn't possibly be?

I noticed that MVP/G blocked seats are different on Hawaii. Only the first three rows in Y and bothe exit rows. This is the only route i can book forward exit row on 738

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 15, 2010 at 1:20 pm
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:52 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
OH damn i'm torn. $159 sale price PDX-HNL each way in January, Or do i go to my first MVPG lunch Well i have both booked. Hope AS doent freak out that i have two different tickets booked to two different destinations on the same date that i couldn't possibly be?

I noticed that MVP/G blocked seats are different on Hawaii. Only the first three rows in Y and bothe exit rows. This is the only route i can book forward exit row on 738
I'd go to Hawaii

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.