Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
So, by about 9am EST on December 8, I will officially be MVP Super Duper Diamond Encrusted Kryptonite(tm)*. Wahoo!

Now, the question: will I officially hit it before beckoa?

*MVP Super Duper Diamond Encrusted Kryptonite is a licensed trademark of Seat 2A, Inc. Used with permission, or perhaps entirely without it.
I'll beat you by about four hours to GOD status
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
I'll beat you by about four hours to GOD status
I beat you all. I took a trip. I got home yesterday. I earned miles. They will post soon. Then I will be more important than you all. This will last for days. Then we will be equal.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I beat you all. I took a trip. I got home yesterday. I earned miles. They will post soon. Then I will be more important than you all. This will last for days. Then we will be equal.
You should come to the PDX Board Room tomorrow. Then we can bow down to you. Or you should come to the SEA Board Room the day after tomorrow. Then we can also bow down to you. Or you should come to the SEA or PDX Board Rooms the day after that. Then we can sit next to each other as equals. We can have other Board Room members bow down to us.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
You should come to the PDX Board Room tomorrow. Then we can bow down to you. Or you should come to the SEA Board Room the day after tomorrow. Then we can also bow down to you. Or you should come to the SEA or PDX Board Rooms the day after that. Then we can sit next to each other as equals. We can have other Board Room members bow down to us.
Hey, and on Wednesday, I'll be a newly minted 75K seeing you and beckoa at the PDX BR as well. So if anyone else is there mid to late afternoon, c'mon by....

Dave
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davew-krdm
Hey, and on Wednesday, I'll be a newly minted 75K seeing you and beckoa at the PDX BR as well. So if anyone else is there mid to late afternoon, c'mon by....

Dave
Might want to PM us a remind that morning. Neither of us is really ever sure what exactly our next flight is. We are blindly following our boarding passes and wandering through airports in a daze...

Five Guys in Arlington, VA a couple hours ago was delicious! Last splurge of the year...
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Might want to PM us a remind that morning. Neither of us is really ever sure what exactly our next flight is. We are blindly following our boarding passes and wandering through airports in a daze...

Five Guys in Arlington, VA a couple hours ago was delicious! Last splurge of the year...
mmm was indeed. who knew you could order it online

I have a pretty good idea of flights though... but by the end of our marathon our wires might be crossed a bit... 6 timezones tomorrow and only the short segment cleared...
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
only the short segment cleared...
You'd better check again.

Oh, wait, you did.

Well, post about it on FlyerTalk!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
You'd better check again.

Oh, wait, you did.

Well, post about it on FlyerTalk!
Can't post from the shower...

gotta love that clean feeling followed by a nice juicy upgrade...

but damn my internal clock is off... today will be a looong day before we arrive at Volcano
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two opt-outs at DCA this morning!

There were two other opt-outs getting frisked when we arrived at the frisking station.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:56 am

Two opt-outs at DCA this morning!

There were two other opt-outs getting frisked when we arrived at the frisking station.
ugh... was not about to subject my body to that thing...

the gentleman next to me on the a/c opted out as well... so thats 3/16 in F today that opted out...
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
ugh... was not about to subject my body to that thing...

the gentleman next to me on the a/c opted out as well... so thats 3/16 in F today that opted out...
That we know of. Maybe more?

BTW, I think the guy in 2C was behind us yesterday on AS6 in 11C, but I'm not sure. Should I ask?

Last edited by jackal; Dec 6, 2010 at 8:06 am
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:02 pm

That we know of. Maybe more?

BTW, I think the guy in 2C was behind us yesterday on AS6 in 11C, but I'm not sure. Should I ask?
YES, you should ask. He might be a FT'er or needs to become one.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YES, you should ask. He might be a FT'er or needs to become one.
I did. He looked at me with a "you're crazy" look and said no.

So, either he was the other guy's twin brother or he was a FAM and was trying to conceal his identity. (He did look a touch FAM-ish--short-ish hair and neatly dressed...)
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:11 pm

I did. He looked at me with a "you're crazy" look and said no.
I've had the same reaction before. But, I have also found people who were aware of FT but were mostly lurkers.I've actually convinced a couple of the to sign up and get involved.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:19 pm

I've had the same reaction before. But, I have also found people who were aware of FT but were mostly lurkers.I've actually convinced a couple of the to sign up and get involved.
did you collect your commission

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.