Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BOB W
I can do that, but we really must donate a glacier to these people. Either that, or buy a couple of ice machines and get bloody rich by tomorrow afternoon!!!
Welcome to Europe (i.e. get used to it )!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Chicken and Wild Rice today at the ANC BR (now for the next bowl )
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Good lord...beckoa get out of that board room!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by United757
Good lord...beckoa get out of that board room!
I did... took a stroll down the newly remodeled B concourse... they have no food in it except for a small Hudson News...
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:47 pm

I did... took a stroll down the B concourse... they have no food in it except for a small Hudson News...
Get out of the airport then. Go home, just go home. The BR concierge HAVE to be getting tired of you and your soup fetish
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Do you usually stop by the airport on your lunch break?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Do you usually stop by the airport on your lunch break?
No..... just when I have a break in town between classes (usually Wed, sometimes Mon- carpool with my sister who still has classes later)

Oh, and the put out a Vegetable Beef soup too ^
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No..... just when I have a break in town between classes (usually Wed, sometimes Mon- carpool with my sister who still has classes later)

Oh, and the put out a Vegetable Beef soup too ^
I will say the vegetable beef was quite good, especially accompanied by a nice glass of Dunham Cellars' Three Legged Red...
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Vegetable Beef soup too ^
I wonder which is better. the one at the Sky Club in ATL or the one in the board room?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Last time through I moaned to the SEA bartender that I've never experienced the much-touted chowder. He replied: "Don't feel too bad - we only have it a couple of times a month." He then went on to say that they are considering rotating in a few new choices; I pushed him as to details, and he came up with "prime rib" and "pumpkin" (waxing enthusiastic over the latter).
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Last time through I moaned to the SEA bartender that I've never experienced the much-touted chowder. He replied: "Don't feel too bad - we only have it a couple of times a month." He then went on to say that they are considering rotating in a few new choices; I pushed him as to details, and he came up with "prime rib" and "pumpkin" (waxing enthusiastic over the latter).
It seems like Friday was a chowder day...

But if a chowder hound, skip it and head to Ivars ^
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It seems like Friday was a chowder day...

But if a chowder hound, skip it and head to Ivars ^
Funny you should mention chowder, I was in North Dakota the other day, and was offered a soup with a Germanic name I cannot recall for lunch, which I ordered upon being advised "it's creamy chicken and dumplings". What arrived was better described as "inland chowder" substituting those items for seafood (clams) and potato - not bad, but a bit disconcerting.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Funny you should mention chowder, I was in North Dakota the other day, and was offered a soup with a Germanic name I cannot recall for lunch, which I ordered upon being advised "it's creamy chicken and dumplings". What arrived was better described as "inland chowder" substituting those items for seafood (clams) and potato - not bad, but a bit disconcerting.
Hmm! Sounds like a chowder I could actually eat and appreciate, given that clams violate my food rules...
Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:12 pm

ANC BR Nov 11, 2009

Italian Wedding Soup

Yum
Old Nov 11, 2009, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ANC BR Nov 11, 2009

Italian Wedding Soup

Yum
Aw, congratulations, beckoa! I knew you'd find the one someday. Italian, eh? Mamma mia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.