Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Broadway basil and Tomato soup on the first floor and roasted beef and toasted barley soup on the second floor. The second floor option is much better IMHO.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Broadway basil and Tomato soup on the first floor and roasted beef and toasted barley soup on the second floor. The second floor option is much better IMHO.
Glad to hear you got some soup ^

Enjoying a bowl of Creamy Garlic and Tomato Bisque in the ANC BR.

Have to say I like the Basil & Tomato better I think...

See you in a few
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
A couple of updates:
  • CDKing & I enjoyed some nice Italian Wedding Soup last Friday 3/12
  • While waiting for some FT'ers to come up from Girdwood... I enjoyed the last cup of Chicken Coconut Curry on Sunday 3/14
    (It was 7 PM and I mentioned something about soup... they said there was a little left from earlier in the day and I got it! NOE )
  • And it sounds like the soup de jour today 3/18 is Boston Clam Chowder
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
  • CDKing & I enjoyed some nice Italian Wedding Soup last Friday 3/12
Some??????? More like several bowls and some to go.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Anyone tried the new pancake machine in SEA? When I got there this morning it was out of batter, and after the staff changed the bag it proceeded to roll out a long, continuous sheet of pancake several feet long. I opted for a bagel instead.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:10 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hgdf
Anyone tried the new pancake machine in SEA? When I got there this morning it was out of batter, and after the staff changed the bag it proceeded to roll out a long, continuous sheet of pancake several feet long. I opted for a bagel instead.
Yup, I tried the pancake machine the first week or so. They were very proud of it and had a guy babysitting the machine and talking it up all morning. It produced 2 pancakes shaped a little like an asterisk (rather than a circle) but they were remarkably warm and fluffy, especially with some syrup on them.

Every week I've been back to the SEA BR since I've either been too early or too late to catch the pancakes. But hey, what's wrong with pancake-by-the-foot?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
Yup, I tried the pancake machine the first week or so. They were very proud of it and had a guy babysitting the machine and talking it up all morning. It produced 2 pancakes shaped a little like an asterisk (rather than a circle) but they were remarkably warm and fluffy, especially with some syrup on them.

Every week I've been back to the SEA BR since I've either been too early or too late to catch the pancakes. But hey, what's wrong with pancake-by-the-foot?
Sounds like we need a new thread... pancake lovers for updates on pancakes

But I wouldn't mind a long pancake... would be fun to roll up too and take 'to go'

Still waiting for one in ANC
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:12 pm

Tomato Soup Day

For starters in the ANC BR they had a Florentine Tomato Soup

Around 3 PM it magically switched to Creamy Garlic Tomato Bisque
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
Sea br 3/15

Downstairs had chicken and rice. I forgot to check what they had upstairs.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Monday on my outbound SEA was tomato - basil downstairs and potato soup upstairs - I didn't dislike the latter, but it was weird (texture issue).

Today ... I arrived at LAX too early for soup (11:00 - noon), but ... "Roll out the pancakes, we'll have a whole stack of fun!" They were smaller than expected - so I had a double helping.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I had the pancakes in PDX today. First time I had those and they were surprisingly good. One side of mine was a bit undercooked, but with syrup and butter it was a really good breakfast.

The soup last week in SEA was the tomato basil. I thought it was pretty good.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I had the pancakes in PDX today.
Pancake machine is in PDX now??????? Hopefully it will still be there in a fw weeks
Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
OMG Pancakes!

Hope they are healthier than the soup. Wish the soups had less fat, but they are still generally good.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan
Hope they are healthier than the soup. Wish the soups had less fat, but they are still generally good.
There was a big sign in PDX saying "pancakes have 2/3 less fat than a typical scone..." and some other nonsense. I think that doesn't take into effect the butter and syrup you slather on them.

In any event, I'm going to start stopping in the BR more in PDX before my early morning flights. I can get a pretty decent little breakfast there.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan
OMG Pancakes!

Ssh... don't tell me what I don't want to know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.