Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
If one flys mostly west coast and gains an upgrade >50% of the time, does it make sense to pay for the AS Board Room? I fly 50K+ a year but in and out of PDX, SF, LAX, ONT, SNA, SAN, LGB, LAS. I have a trip to Orlando early next year. Probably one or two to ANC. I do not travel to MSP, ATL, BOS or NYC unless for leasure travel which is only on occasion (although it is great that AS flys to those locations). I'am also going to OGG in 2/2010 but I do not believe thier is any FF board rooms.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SeattleMadrona
If one flys mostly west coast and gains an upgrade >50% of the time, does it make sense to pay for the AS Board Room? I fly 50K+ a year but in and out of PDX, SF, LAX, ONT, SNA, SAN, LGB, LAS. I have a trip to Orlando early next year. Probably one or two to ANC. I do not travel to MSP, ATL, BOS or NYC unless for leasure travel which is only on occasion (although it is great that AS flys to those locations). I'am also going to OGG in 2/2010 but I do not believe thier is any FF board rooms.
Well... one only gets BR access with paid (F) or award (A) First Class, not upgrades (U)...

If you want a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the airport, with complimentary snacks, wifi, and beverages...

I'd say stop by alaskaair.com/boardroom and read up on the pages...
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:25 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa

Thankfully I got myself the three year membership so I'm good until January 31, 2013
Yeah, but by then your soup and drinks consumption will have bankrupted the airline
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Yeah, but by then your soup and drinks consumption will have bankrupted the airline
I typically only am eating soup and utilizing the diet Coke... I save the Amber for other occasions and as for the Vino... they are out of the 4 legged red... so haven't touched it in a while...

I do try to get some schoolwork done while in there
Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I do try to get some schoolwork done while in there
Huh, I never thought of that. I end up in the library a lot to study, but the board room would be even better. Beverages, snacks, pretty quite with a view of airplanes taking off...

I'll have to calculate how much I spend on that stuff normally, maybe I can help bankrupt the board room section of Alaska Airlines
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleMadrona
... I'am also going to OGG in 2/2010 but I do not believe thier is any FF board rooms.
As was pointed out before complimentary admission to the boardroom on AS is dependent on how you got into first class. If you paid for a first-class ticket or redeemed for a first class reward then yes. Any other upgrade instrument (miles, certs, comp. MVP/G upgrades, MVPG companion upgrades, etc.) then no. BR membership, or membership in any airline's lounge for that matter, really has nothing to do with FF status although some offer free membership to heir highest level elites as a perk. Anyone can buy a membership or day pass even those who travel only once or twice a year.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Well... one only gets BR access with paid (F) or award (A) First Class, not upgrades (U)...

If someone is traveling on paid F and their companion is in F due to the $50 Companion Fare, do both gain entrance to the BR on day of travel?

Thanks...........
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Cholula
If someone is traveling on paid F and their companion is in F due to the $50 Companion Fare, do both gain entrance to the BR on day of travel?

Thanks...........
Yes - the companion's boarding pass will say "F" just as though (s)he had paid the regular fare. At least that was my experience.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes - the companion's boarding pass will say "F" just as though (s)he had paid the regular fare. At least that was my experience.

Makes sense.

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You are correct, sir or madame!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:23 pm

Cool A new flavor!

ANC BR November 18, 2009

Chicken Coconut Curry

Has bamboo shoots, peppers, curry, celery, Thai basil, and coconut milk
Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:46 pm

ANC BR November 18, 2009

Chicken Coconut Curry

Has bamboo shoots, peppers, curry, celery, Thai basil, and coconut milk
Soup #2 is Brown Rice and Chicken... very creamy, but lacking real flavor...
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Soup #2 is Brown Rice and Chicken... very creamy, but lacking real flavor...
I don't know--when I added enough fresh-ground pepper to it, it was quite yummy!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by jackal
I don't know--when I added enough fresh-ground pepper to it, it was quite yummy!
Agree the fresh ground pepper helped immensely... but you sadly missed out on the Chicken Curry... which was NOE [at least I didn't expect it ]
Old Nov 19, 2009, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Agree the fresh ground pepper helped immensely... but you sadly missed out on the Chicken Curry... which was NOE [at least I didn't expect it ]
I told you to save me some!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.