Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

ANC BR just put out another pot of soup- Chicken & Wild Rice ^
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
And you've had all of them, I'm sure...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
And you've had all of them, I'm sure...

No... haven't collected them all...

But the Chicken and Wild Rice was better IMHO then the French Onion...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Tomato soup in SEA was pretty good, but then again, we were starving.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by maokh
Tomato soup in SEA was pretty good, but then again, we were starving.
Was it the creamy tomato bisque? That is good - mmm....
Old Oct 21, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Was it the creamy tomato bisque? That is good - mmm....
Yeah. I was seeing my mom and dad off to europe, and figured id take them to the airport, show them the bored room, etc. Mom still probably thinks im doing something illegal by not having a real flight and a boarding pass to nowhere
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by maokh
Yeah. I was seeing my mom and dad off to europe, and figured id take them to the airport, show them the bored room, etc. Mom still probably thinks im doing something illegal by not having a real flight and a boarding pass to nowhere
indeed!

Have encountered this numerous times... but I think my dad is finally accepting it... and when I have a flight, gives someone extra incentive to drive me to the airport (then they get access )

One of the nicer perks of the membership ^
Old Oct 21, 2009, 5:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Today the BR in ANC is featuring Cheese Soup;

Its a creamy concouction that smells of bacon and cheese, containing bits o' bacon, celery, onion and green peppers
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Chicken and Wild Rice
There was actually some Chicken and Wild Rice left over in PDX BR after 8pm on my last trip. It was very good.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

Today the BR in ANC is featuring Cheese Soup;

Its a creamy concouction that smells of bacon and cheese, containing bits o' bacon, celery, onion and green peppers
Sorry, I'll pass ... in favor of the delicious tomato bisque!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Sorry, I'll pass ... in favor of the delicious tomato bisque!
Unlike the SEA BR... the ANC BR has one soup at a time
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
As I have posted before in this thread, SOUP IS GOOD, one of the better boardroom benefits out in the United States.

However, have you looked at the nutrition info on the soup? I noticed the fat content is very high on some of the soups -- I mean the soup is not so great that it justifies having 15+g of fat per serving for some of the varieties.

Anyone else notice?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan
As I have posted before in this thread, SOUP IS GOOD, one of the better boardroom benefits out in the United States.

However, have you looked at the nutrition info on the soup? I noticed the fat content is very high on some of the soups -- I mean the soup is not so great that it justifies having 15+g of fat per serving for some of the varieties.

Anyone else notice?
Is it that much worse than the snack mix in the DL club? Or how about a Big Mac in the terminal? It's all about moderation! Don't have a gallon of soup.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by johnp012001
Is it that much worse than the snack mix in the DL club? Or how about a Big Mac in the terminal? It's all about moderation! Don't have a gallon of soup.

Only a pint or so...

Depends on the soup... I'm sure the minestrone isn't that loaded
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by super-mileage-fan

Anyone else notice?
I have noticed that at the supermarket, but frankly I think a cup (or two!) of soup in the BR isn't that bad once in a great while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.