Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 2:56 am

Programs: DELTA
Wink Soup Nazis

Originally Posted by erikatcuse
Hot soup while traveling that would be great...
Agreed... but watch out for the "Soup Nazis"!!! LOL! If you don't know what I am talking about - do a google search on "Seinfeld Soup Nazi". If you are ever in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area, check out the "Eddington" chain of soup restaurants. Mmm!!!

-A
Old May 30, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Day before yesterday they had chicken chili at SEA on one floor, and vegetarian on the other. I tried to chicken first, and really liked it; I had the veg chili thereafter, and wasn't too impressed. By the time I went back for more chicken chili, they had stopped serving it for the day!
Old May 31, 2009, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Day before yesterday they had chicken chili at SEA on one floor, and vegetarian on the other. I tried to chicken first, and really liked it; I had the veg chili thereafter, and wasn't too impressed. By the time I went back for more chicken chili, they had stopped serving it for the day!
Translation... it ran out

That's what happened to my Cream of Chicken on Tuesday... it was gone in less then 30 minutes
Old Jun 4, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
Originally Posted by beckoa
SEA BR
5/27/09
Downstairs: Creamy Chicken Soup with wild and wehani rice ^^

Upstairs: not certain, but I heard it was chili of some sort???

And a tip for the soup lovers out there... try to snag the 'mini office' to the right of the soup pot...easy access for refills
Yes, the "mini-office" is the perfect place to sit for my 22-minute BR visits which include 2 bowls of soup and 2 glasses of wine. AS's BRs are the best!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS, DL, QF, QX, AA, CO, WN
So if I get to the SEA BR around noon on a Sunday, what is the likelihood that the soup will have run out?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 3:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by twofive99
So if I get to the SEA BR around noon on a Sunday, what is the likelihood that the soup will have run out?
They put the soup out at noon- so u should be fine ^ (Just don't be late )

It seems to have started at 12:05 PM, they have a little prep time to get the device (bowl) and bowl/plates arranged properly. And if it runs out, they usually have a replacement. And don't forget, there is a different soup on each floor
Old Jul 28, 2009, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Dang it! I'm wearing the chicken and rice soup!

Glad I'm traveling to YEG at night!

Good Soup!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: DELTA
Cool No soup for you!!!

Originally Posted by Valveman
I am holed up in the Maple Leaf Lounge in Calgary for a flight over to Regina and what do I see? A virtual smorgasboard of goodies. From a mini Salad Bar, to Cookies, to Coffee, to Beer, to a cooler full of Pop and two, yes TWO! Soup choices. Today it is Italian Wedding Soup and Brocoli & Cheese. Warm bread is also there for the taking.

This is a nice lounge, quite a bit little larger than both floors of the SEA Boardroom put together. They do a nice job here also.
Does the "Soup Nazi" from the Seinfeld show now work at the Calgary MLL? On a related note, If you ever get to Minneapolis, check out Eddington's... they rock! :-: ^ Don't look for any such sustinance at the MSP SC lounges... check out the link in my signature for what you can expect to partake in there...

-A
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
Does the "Soup Nazi" from the Seinfeld show now work at the Calgary MLL? On a related note, If you ever get to Minneapolis, check out Eddington's... they rock! :-: ^ Don't look for any such sustinance at the MSP SC lounges... check out the link in my signature for what you can expect to partake in there...

-A
Was burned by the soup nazi last Friday (as was another FT'er)... upon arrival @ 5 PM... saw them taking away the pot

Not sure what time it was put out but was

As for MSP DTW... get to find out next week - have a nice 3 hour layover... might do the 'tour' and take a shower

Last edited by beckoa; Jul 29, 2009 at 1:15 am Reason: Flying thru DTW not MSP :o
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott - Platinum Lifetime, UA- MM, AS- MVPG75
Every time I've been in the SEA BR w or w/o Mrs K-G, and timed it for the soup it has been great. We really enjoy the 2 choices - and take full advantage of them several times a month.

On 26 June I was in the LAX BR - They were serving "Lobster Bisque" In name only. It looked like wet clay and tasted terrible. The only time I've had soup there - I hope never to repeat this experience.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:42 am

Well my flight AS872 leaves before its distributed... but saw the ANC BR Conicarges preparing today's soup from its frozen package...

Minestrone and Italian Wedding... both are pretty good
Old Aug 13, 2009, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Kennewick Guy
Every time I've been in the SEA BR w or w/o Mrs K-G, and timed it for the soup it has been great. We really enjoy the 2 choices - and take full advantage of them several times a month.

On 26 June I was in the LAX BR - They were serving "Lobster Bisque" In name only. It looked like wet clay and tasted terrible. The only time I've had soup there - I hope never to repeat this experience.
The vegetarian chili was disappointing for me; the regular chili was great!

I have never managed to snag any chowder. Earlier this week, I moaned about it to the fellow sitting by me in the SEA club as we scarfed our (excellent!) tomato soup. He replied: "I never seemed to get any either until recently. It's really good!"

I had a Landshark beer with my soup. And then, since I saw they were serving hot pepper vodka, how could I pass up a Bloody Mary? I blame that guy floating in the air over my shoulder with the pitchfork for my ordering one of the fruity drinks they had a sign for at the bar next!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:52 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Dinnertime (6 PM) today yielded a surprisingly edible minstrone soup on the second floor

First floor had a clam chowder... Didn't try it

Am enjoying the Oregon Vodkas too
Old Aug 26, 2009, 6:09 pm

Broccoli Cheddar - not bad... but only got one bowl (since my guests had bowls too )

Put away around 3 PM
Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:58 pm

ANC BR:

Tues (today) French Onion... have yet to sample yet

Mon (yesterday) Mushroom something [Guess I'm not a fun-gi]

The fruit bowl is nice and full of apples and oranges... ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.