Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Soup soup everywhere- but what type, where and when?

That is the question that is this thread...

Companion thread: What's on Tap: A Guide to the Beers of Alaska Lounges
Print Wikipost

Soup Lovers: Read It and Weep! - The Alaska Lounge Soup Thread (Through 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Mushroom soup again in the ANC BR

Friend thinks its good (and he doesn't usually like mushrooms) but I'll pass... and have my Granny Smith apple and broccoli & ranch
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Mushroom soup again in the ANC BR

Friend thinks its good (and he doesn't usually like mushrooms) but I'll pass... and have my Granny Smith apple and broccoli & ranch
Why are you in the ANC BR again today? Did you go somewhere and forget to post in the next AS/QX flight thread like I do?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by United757
Why are you in the ANC BR again today? Did you go somewhere and forget to post in the next AS/QX flight thread like I do?
Nope... in ANC and decided to stop on in...
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:36 pm

Oh wow...you just went to the airport for the BR. Hahaha
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
He does this a lot...

(What is this now, 4 consecutive days?!)

I can't complain too much, since I am occasionally the beneficiary of this arrangement, but I do have to admit that it just reinforces beckoa's, er, reputation.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have heard of FT'ers going on mileage and mattress runs ... but soup runs???
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
He does this a lot...

(What is this now, 4 consecutive days?!)

I can't complain too much, since I am occasionally the beneficiary of this arrangement, but I do have to admit that it just reinforces beckoa's, er, reputation.
Five sadly...

All started with my dad's flight out on Sun... He returns tomorrow... in at 8:45 PM, but I get off work at 9 PM (might be able to leave work early...) and then get to rush over to the airport- and the BR may be closed by then (9:30 PM on Friday)...

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have heard of FT'ers going on mileage and mattress runs ... but soup runs???
No points for soup... and didn't eat it on mon or today since it was mushroom infused...

They did get Ranch dressing back in and also had chips today (first time this week)
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Five sadly...

All started with my dad's flight out on Sun... He returns tomorrow... in at 8:45 PM, but I get off work at 9 PM (might be able to leave work early...) and then get to rush over to the airport- and the BR may be closed by then (9:30 PM on Friday)...
Oh, come on--GO FOR IT!! 6 days in a row!!

I'm sure BOB W will double his donation if you make it...
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Oh, come on--GO FOR IT!! 6 days in a row!!

I'm sure BOB W will double his donation if you make it...
Well that would be six days in a row at the airport either way... (heck- more then you typically spend )
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:49 pm

Soup de jour French Onion at the ANC BR

Well that would be six days in a row at the airport either way... (heck- more then you typically spend )
And I didn't make it to the BR last Friday, just a quick pick-up...

<now for more soup>
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Soup de jour French Onion at the ANC BR

And I didn't make it to the BR last Friday, just a quick pick-up...

<now for more soup>
So, are you starting another attempt to go for the record?

I would, but the Tapas, sangria, wine and the fact that it is almost midnight in BCN really make that just a LITTLE impossible right now.

Oh, and let us not forget the fact that they make a marvelous Caiparhina here.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
So, are you starting another attempt to go for the record?

I would, but the Tapas, sangria, wine and the fact that it is almost midnight in BCN really make that just a LITTLE impossible right now.

Oh, and let us not forget the fact that they make a marvelous Caiparhina here.
I do apologize I didn't make it this time - guess you'll have to drink a couple for me then

A new record... no- just working on a take-home geology test... but got to go back to campus now...

Have fun over there
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I do apologize I didn't make it this time - guess you'll have to drink a couple for me then
I can do that, but we really must donate a glacier to these people. Either that, or buy a couple of ice machines and get bloody rich by tomorrow afternoon!!!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:52 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Well my departure was foiled by more soup

They just put out Chicken and Wild Rice so I had to go back and get a bowl
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:54 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by BOB W
I can do that, but we really must donate a glacier to these people. Either that, or buy a couple of ice machines and get bloody rich by tomorrow afternoon!!!

You mean you didn't check a chunk of the Matanuska?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.