Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Customer Care told me that she didn't qualify because she was nominated for MVP by some idiot 75K (ahem, yours truly). I could swear she subsequently passed the MVP threshold on her own, but don't really have the data to back it up... and ultimately don't care enough to further pursue it.
If you log into her account and click on mileage activity, you should be able to see if she flew enough miles in 2022 for MVP.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you log into her account and click on mileage activity, you should be able to see if she flew enough miles in 2022 for MVP.
She didn’t. But it’s 2021 travel that matters here. And that is only partially available online (past 24 months). Would need to go through my booking records to see where we went. And actually, what I see in the 3/21-12/2021 time frame makes me think that she may actually have fallen slightly short. Perhaps I changed some revenue flight to an award when I realized I could just gift her status.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
My better half reached 10k yesterday and this morning shows she is once again MVPG. Seems like almost immediate change.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
I didn't receive any promo emails after a slow 2022, but was surprised to see MVP and then MVP Gold in 2023 after a busy first part of 2023. I was MVP 75K in 2022 and just passed 20K BIS in 2023. Does anyone know if there are base Alaska segment requirements to hit MVP 75K during the promo period? I am at 7 segments.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scrumbum
I didn't receive any promo emails after a slow 2022, but was surprised to see MVP and then MVP Gold in 2023 after a busy first part of 2023. I was MVP 75K in 2022 and just passed 20K BIS in 2023. Does anyone know if there are base Alaska segment requirements to hit MVP 75K during the promo period? I am at 7 segments.
Two!

James
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:25 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
In the middle of my wife's mileage run for MVPG she hit MVP. She was pleased that she was upgraded to first on her next flight from SFO to JFK. She hit MVPG before the last leg. Next up is booking some companion fares and hoping I get approved for the 70,000 biz cc.
Boraxo and notquiteaff like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriotts Titanium, OWE, UA Silver
Fast Track still producing lots of elites

My wife and I were on a PDX-EWR round trip this week. 26 elites on the waitlist going and 28 coming back. We are 75k and was 7/7 & 8/9 on the list 24 hrs out. 4 seats in 1st available at 24 hrs for both flights. All 4 seats filled and we moved to 3/4 on the list. Sat next to 1/2 on the list who were 100k on the way back. That means there were at least six 100k people on the list. We have had about 70-80% upgraded flights in the past. Next year there may be less elites with no fast track.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: UA HA AS
Originally Posted by Xrayman
My better half reached 10k yesterday and this morning shows she is once again MVPG. Seems like almost immediate change.
I checked my account while still on the plane after landing for the flight that got me over 5k and my account said I was a MVP. So it is instant.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:01 pm

In January 2023 I received the email to re-qualify to MVP Gold 75k by flying 20k miles. On January 21st 2023 I hit the 20k miles -mostly by flying AA First Class-. My status switched to Gold 75k almost right away. The week after, when I flew on a transcon flight with Alaska, I received all the MVP Gold 75k benefits -including checking in my 3 bags for free-.

Today, March 8th, my status is MVP Gold. After calling Alaska, I am told that it's because I have "only flown 15,409 Base Miles; the rest were Bonus Miles, which do not count towards this challenge. The 75k status was an error that was corrected in late February when the status was set to MVP Gold. (I) have until April 15th to reach the 20k miles".

Brilliant, transparent communication, Alaska. This was not confusing at all. Great customer experience. I did not receive any notifications of any kind alerting me of the tier demotion or any other conditions.

Edit: I am not entirely sure I should be MVP Gold at this stage? I would expect to be MVP (as per the 2024 qualification requirements), but I never received an invite to the challenge to qualify as MVP Gold member (until end of 2023) for flying 10,000 base miles.

Last edited by LeonS; Mar 8, 2023 at 6:09 pm
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by LeonS

Brilliant, transparent communication, Alaska. This was not confusing at all. Great customer experience. I did not receive any notifications of any kind alerting me of the tier demotion or any other conditions.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...ID:MileagePlan

If you were unable to requalify for the status you held in 2022, you have a second chance. To earn back your status through December 31, 2023, earn the following number of base flight miles between January 13 and April 13, 2023.

Has been discussed several times in this thread - the promo is about base miles, not EQM. Hope you didn’t pay for F just for this promo.

Edit: I am not entirely sure I should be MVP Gold at this stage? I would expect to be MVP (as per the 2024 qualification requirements), but I never received an invite to the challenge to qualify as MVP Gold member (until end of 2023) for flying 10,000 base miles.
Also discussed in this thread. You are invited to requalify for your old status, but you can also qualify for lower status with reduced base mile requirements. The FAQ on the page hints at that (though that is indeed poorly communicated):

I was MVP Gold in 2022 but didn’t requalify for elite status at all in 2023. Can I qualify for MVP via the Fast Track offer?Yes, if you are eligible for the Fast Track to regain Gold status but only fly 5,000 eligible base miles during the promo period, you will receive MVP status through December 31, 2023.”

Are you going to mow fly the missing base miles to get to 75k? Personally, I dropped from 75k to MVP and will only aim for MVPG.
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:44 pm

If you were unable to requalify for the status you held in 2022, you have a second chance. To earn back your status through December 31, 2023, earn the following number of base flight miles between January 13 and April 13, 2023.

Has been discussed several times in this thread - the promo is about base miles, not EQM. .
I didn't say it hasn't been discussed in this thread. What percentage of Alaska's customer base reads FT?

You can repost the T&C all you want. It's an abysmally bad customer experience to give me 75k status as soon as I landed on January 21st, only to silently take it away a few weeks later.

Compliant to T&Q and the fine print and what not? I am sure it is. Great customer experience? Hell no. It's the opposite of great.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by LeonS;[url=tel:35072592
35072592]I didn't say it hasn't been discussed in this thread. What percentage of Alaska's customer base reads FT?

You can repost the T&C all you want. It's an abysmally bad customer experience to give me 75k status as soon as I landed on January 21st, only to silently take it away a few weeks later.

Compliant to T&Q and the fine print and what not? I am sure it is. Great customer experience? Hell no. It's the opposite of great.
You received something you shouldn’t have, and even after not fully reading the T&Cs you are mad that it was taken away without notification. I’d say both parties are at fault here, but one more so than the other.. but that’s just my two ants. 🤙🏻🍹
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum

Has been discussed several times in this thread - the promo is about base miles, not EQM. Hope you didn’t pay for F just for this promo
I'm finding it difficult to figure out exactly how many base qualifying miles I actually have, mostly first class travel in 2023. I was MVP Gold 75K last year and now up to MVP Gold after almost no travel in 2022. I may do a MR if warranted, any hints on how to tell?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
You received something you shouldn’t have, and even after not fully reading the T&Cs you are mad that it was taken away without notification. I’d say both parties are at fault here, but one more so than the other.. but that’s just my two ants. 🤙🏻🍹
To be fair, I too hoped that class of service bonus EQMs would count but I am planning to fly enough for the promotion as if they didn't count....my secret hope that class of service would count looks like it will be a big no although an AS IT error in our favor would be a nice change....right?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by scrumbum;[url=tel:35072620
35072620[/url]]I'm finding it difficult to figure out exactly how many base qualifying miles I actually have, mostly first class travel in 2023. I was MVP Gold 75K last year and now up to MVP Gold after almost no travel in 2022. I may do a MR if warranted, any hints on how to tell?
Under Mileage Activity, there should be a Base field. It’s that. You’ll want to count only base miles during the promotion.

That, or contact Customer Care to verify. 🤙🏻🍹

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.