Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:09 am

Does the extra 50% status miles for first class flights count towards the goals?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Unless you mostly fly transcons and are a masochist. I'd love to know why someone would choose Alaska in that case over jetblue, delta, united or aa.
Particularly over AA, with the ability to credit to AS and the possibility of an upgrade to lie-flats.

UA and DL are pretty miserable if you're a Y flyer and upgrades are virtually impossible (at least on UA).
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sfjohn
Does the extra 50% status miles for first class flights count towards the goals?
Dont think so. See the EQM discussion a bit earlier in the thread.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Hmm. I was ok with dropping back to MVPG next year, but have enough travel in Q1 that it may be worthwhile to push back to 75k with this promo. Fortunately I don’t have to decide today.
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by Kacee
Particularly over AA, with the ability to credit to AS and the possibility of an upgrade to lie-flats.

UA and DL are pretty miserable if you're a Y flyer and upgrades are virtually impossible (at least on UA).
AA is great (for 75k/100k upgrade odds at a less desirable time SFO transcon), but credit to AS is often 25% or 50% base miles. Well, lie-flats
Andyman61 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It doesn't matter for 75Ks whether you have flown 74K or 0K in 2022 with the requirement being 20K for 1/13-4/13/2023?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesnt seem to matter what you did in 2022.

I suspect they wont get a lot of takers for 75K, and maybe not even MVPG, since you have to already hold status from 2022 and put in a lot of BIS miles in 2023. Im not doing 20k BIS miles to keep 75K, when MVPG gives me all the flight benefits I need.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
How do short flights under 500 miles count - 500 base miles or whatever the actual flight distance was?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat LT, AK 75K, and the rest
I'm curious how many AS flyers actually fly 100K on Alaska. It's an incredible amount of miles for that airline and it's likely most 100K's are using OneWorld flights on American, etc. but who knows. 75K was a lot of work to attain- and prior to OneWorld- miles flown on partner airlines weren't eligible for elite status. One could actually say Alaska has watered down 100K as well by allowing intercontinental flights on other airlines to count toward elite status as a 100K.
anteater and tonylop33 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Andyman61
I'm curious how many AS flyers actually fly 100K on Alaska. It's an incredible amount of miles for that airline and it's likely most 100K's are using OneWorld flights on American, etc. but who knows. 75K was a lot of work to attain- and prior to OneWorld- miles flown on partner airlines weren't eligible for elite status. One could actually say Alaska has watered down 100K as well by allowing intercontinental flights on other airlines to count toward elite status as a 100K.
Id love to know those numbers too. I am one of those 100Ks via 100% AS metal. Personally, I wished the 100K tier required AS segments was higher.

🤙🏻🥃
Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by anteater
Id love to know those numbers too. I am one of those 100Ks via 100% AS metal. Personally, I wished the 100K tier required AS segments was higher.

🤙🏻🥃
In the last two years, I obtained 75k flying approximately 50/50 on AS and AA. I recently switched home airports to Reno, though, so this will no longer be possible unless I'm willing to invest a lot of time and extra expense routing through Seattle (which I'm not). I'm still trying to decide what to do in 2023. At first glance, it seems like it would be wise to switch to AA, but I'm confused about loyalty points and not confident I can reach equivalent status solely through flying as I do on AS. The other option is to keep things as they are and continue to credit everything to AS. I still have family and friends in SEA so the segments shouldn't be a problem.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

75K was a lot of work to attain- and prior to OneWorld- miles flown on partner airlines weren't eligible for elite status.
Dont think thats correct.
jerry a. laska and lensovet like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater
Personally, I wished the 100K tier required AS segments was higher.
Of course. Everyone would prefer that the threshold was exactly one mile below their year-end EQM balance, to minimize competition
lensovet, 985X and TalkingPoint like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I'm curious how many AS flyers actually fly 100K on Alaska.
Other than a couple Hawaii interisland flights and one LAX to LAS (because I missed my AS connection) I was 100% on AS metal - 100K this year, 75K next. I've only been at this frequent flyer game for a few years and was actually shocked how easy it is to get status on AS by flying other airlines. It makes no sense to me why McDonalds would give me perks for eating at Burger King but the airline industry is complex and over my head.
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Of course. Everyone would prefer that the threshold was exactly one mile below their year-end EQM balance, to minimize competition
That's the thing. People are selfish. Those who got 100K organically get salty when AS offers shortcut to elite status. Then folks who are about to lose their status appreciate this opportunity.
notquiteaff and croakz like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.