Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC

A new promo just dropped to let MVP, Gold, and 75k keep their status until 2023 easily. cc Just Short of Elite - How to Keep Your Status

Glad AS protects 100K, but 75k gets watered down, can't imagine how bloated Gold and MVP are now.If you were unable to requalify for the status you held in 2022, you have a second chance. To earn back your status through December 31, 2023, earn the following number of base flight miles between January 13 and April 13, 2023. Terms and conditions apply.

MVP members: 5,000 miles
MVP Gold members: 10,000 miles
MVP Gold 75K members: 20,000 miles

See link below

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...ID:MileagePlan
Kathy_marie likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I'm glad that AS is excluding 100K from promos.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K
From the T&Cs: Gold Guest Upgrades, Lounge Day Passes, and MVP Gold 75K MVP nominations will be available after the member has met the requirement for the respective elite status. Members who receive MVP Gold 75K status as part of this offer are not eligible for the 50,000 bonus miles or American Airlines System-Wide Upgrades associated with qualifying for MVP Gold 75K status.

Interesting to see how they split the benefits for 75K - lounge passes, MVP nomination and GGUs yes, 50K bonus miles and AA upgrades no. It makes sense I suppose but I'm guessing it's going to be another AS IT poop-show when it comes to people actually getting the right benefits.

This personally does nothing for me as I made 75K but am down from 100K. I would have liked a chance to get 100K but I also like that they protect that top category for those that made it. The diluting of 75K category is somewhat annoying but in reality probably not a huge deal.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:12 pm

If dilution is going to occur, better 75K than 100K.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:15 pm

Dang another challenge? I signed up for the Coast to Coast one already, I guess I can earn 75K now.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
I am disappointed to see this considering I dedicated two entire days to do mileage runs this month to maintain my status. I'm happy the fine print excludes anyone who participated in last year's status challenge, though.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:21 pm

So much for all the prognosticators who claimed this year's elite ranks were bloated and would revert to the norm. FlyerTalk bias at its best.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I guess there are fewer elites than we think, a lot of people are jumping ship, or...

Three months is a really long time to get so few miles. A single SFO-JFK r/t will get you MVP for all of 2023 and those are regularly $250 or less in Main. Does it say if you will keep your status during the challenge window?

I would love to earn MVPG for 2024 by going to San Francisco twice. Maybe they'll do this again next December and I won't have to worry about mileage runs or even flying AS in 2023.

This whole thing is just kind of weird IMO.

-J.
am1108 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
So much for all the prognosticators who claimed this year's elite ranks were bloated and would revert to the norm. FlyerTalk bias at its best.
Mileage Plan execs have said that elite ranks will shrink by as much as 40% for 2023, including this promo.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I guess there are fewer elites than we think, a lot of people are jumping ship, or...

Three months is a really long time to get so few miles. A single SFO-JFK r/t will get you MVP for all of 2023 and those are regularly $250 or less in Main. Does it say if you will keep your status during the challenge window?

I would love to earn MVPG for 2024 by going to San Francisco twice. Maybe they'll do this again next December and I won't have to worry about mileage runs or even flying AS in 2023.

This whole thing is just kind of weird IMO.

-J.
I agree with all of this. It would be nice if the challenge folks ended up further down on the waitlist for upgrades than the rest of us but I know that's not possible since AS IT can barely handle normal operations.
Waitlisted and mtofell like this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Mileage Plan execs have said that elite ranks will shrink by as much as 40% for 2023, including this promo.
This is an interesting forecast. If this is the case I wish AS would go the route of making the mileage plan benefits even more irresistible and attractive to increase elite ranks organically. Heck, they'd even be likely to garner more elites if they enhanced the inflight/airport experience for normal pax.
mtofell likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
This is an interesting forecast. If this is the case I wish AS would go the route of making the mileage plan benefits even more irresistible and attractive to increase elite ranks organically. Heck, they'd even be likely to garner more elites if they enhanced the inflight/airport experience for normal pax.
Haven’t you heard? They’re reinventing the airport lobby!
leroix, maradori, anteater and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I'm glad that AS is excluding 100K from promos.
If dilution is going to occur, better 75K than 100K.
Probably more easily said by a 2023 100K than by a 2023 75K.
cpworld likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K
In hindsight I'm a little bummed I flew extra to get 75K since I could have gotten it so easily but when I factor in the 50K bonus miles that I got (or am supposed to at the strike of midnight 1/1/23) it's kind of a wash. I didn't flat out mileage run but did make a couple trips I otherwise would not have.. The 40% reduction thing is an interesting number. If that's the case I'd think I should get as many upgrades as a 75K as I did as 100K. Obviously, it's very route specific but we'll see.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Haven’t you heard? They’re reinventing the airport lobby!
LMAOOOOO stoppppp I can only laugh so hard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.