Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by navatwal
Wish I had waited, bought the remaining 2000 EQM yesterday AM to keep MVPG for another year.

When can I expect to receive my additional GGU痴?
They normally post right away
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect there's a connection here. Unless your primary destination is SEA, it's not exactly easy to route on AS regularly being based in the bay area these days.
With more connections through Seattle I'm surprised they don't offer more lounge passes to Californians when they fly through Seattle. I'd be at the Centurion lounge anyways, and I know all the lounges are crowded, but throwing in lounge access might take away some of the sting of not flying direct. I could be wrong but I think it would have more impact that these piecemeal bonus programs. Suppose the same would apply to PDX routes that now go through Seattle. Maybe they need to open an "orphans lounge" in SEA
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by cpworld
With more connections through Seattle I'm surprised they don't offer more lounge passes to Californians when they fly through Seattle. I'd be at the Centurion lounge anyways, and I know all the lounges are crowded, but throwing in lounge access might take away some of the sting of not flying direct. I could be wrong but I think it would have more impact that these piecemeal bonus programs. Suppose the same would apply to PDX routes that now go through Seattle. Maybe they need to open an "orphans lounge" in SEA
Let's not leave out Nevadans!
tobikosan and cpworld like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by cpworld
Very unlikely to happen... they're trying to find ways to reduce access due to overcrowding. In the last few months they've stopped selling day passes at some locations (PDX/SEA for sure - can't remember if/what others) and increased the FC route mileage to get access.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
Originally Posted by Andyman61
I'm curious how many AS flyers actually fly 100K on Alaska. It's an incredible amount of miles for that airline and it's likely most 100K's are using OneWorld flights on American, etc. but who knows. 75K was a lot of work to attain- and prior to OneWorld- miles flown on partner airlines weren't eligible for elite status. One could actually say Alaska has watered down 100K as well by allowing intercontinental flights on other airlines to count toward elite status as a 100K.
I have been 75K since the inception of that program and now am 100K since the inception of that one. Also made Million Miler during the pandemic. This past year 100% BIS Alaska. Work requires me to be in New Jersey many, many weeks per year and also allows me to come home for the weekend. I fly SFO-EWR almost weekly, leaving Tuesday and returning Saturday. Home for Sunday and Monday and out again on Tuesday. Last year just a bit over 125,000 miles, with almost no flying over the summer when ticket prices were through the roof! Four trips so far to the east coast in January. If any of you see an older, grey haired woman who uses a cane...stop by my seat and say HI!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:07 am

I was pretty set on being ok with dropping from 75K to MVPG, but a friend has a bunch of credit that expires on 12/31, offered me a 50% discount to use it, and I already have a Euro trip planned on OW carriers in that window, so what the heck. Found a PDX-EWR/JFK-PDX MR in early March that also let me use two GGUs that were going to expire and go to waste, and then a quick 4-day trip to HNL at the end of January. Fare sales appear to be going on right now for both the NYC area and Hawaii, for anyone else potentially looking to do MRs out of PDX for this offer.
GW McLintock and mtofell like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just to clarify, the minimum "base miles" for AA flights is 500 regardless for fare class, correct? I went through and looked at an AA flight from last summer on the DFW-AUS route and the "base miles" were only 46 but as a 75K I earned 1,125 (500 minimum plus 125% 75K bonus)....the 46 is what made me nervous for the purposes of this promotion.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Just to clarify, the minimum "base miles" for AA flights is 500 regardless for fare class, correct? I went through and looked at an AA flight from last summer on the DFW-AUS route and the "base miles" were only 46 but as a 75K I earned 1,125 (500 minimum plus 125% 75K bonus)....the 46 is what made me nervous for the purposes of this promotion.
A flight under 500 miles will put always put the extra miles in Bonus, both for AS and AA. You'll still get 500 EQM for this.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yep!! Even basic economy - check https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rican-airlines if you ever feel like clarifying again.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
“As part of the terms and conditions, flyers must travel on a minimum of two segments on Alaska marketed and operated flights. Award travel and bonus miles do not count towards the base mile requirements. Certain elite benefits will only be available after flyers complete the 2023 Fast Track promotion, such as Gold Guest Upgrades, Lounge Day Passes and MVP Gold 75K nominations. In addition, Alaska Mileage Plus members who renew their status this way are not eligible for either the 50,000 mile bonus or American Airlines System-Wide Upgrades bonuses.”

Does this mean if my spouse and kid who are both currently MVPG do the 10K BIS during this period would get 4 GGU each ???
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
The retention offer excludes those that got their 2022 status by challenge or match. I don't remember if I did. How can I find out?
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by rxgeek;[url=tel:34865416
34865416[/url]]The retention offer excludes those that got their 2022 status by challenge or match. I don't remember if I did. How can I find out?
Contact AS Customer Care. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Dec 26, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
How do you buy EQMs?

Originally Posted by navatwal
Wish I had waited, bought the remaining 2000 EQM yesterday AM to keep MVPG for another year.

When can I expect to receive my additional GGU’s?
I’m short 600 miles to 75k. Would much rather buy it then squeeze in another flight this year or do another 20k on this fast track promo.

edit: I’m actually booked for Sea-Lon first class r/t British in late January + another r/t on as metal in February so I guess I’ll get the needed miles for 75k status anyway but no 50k bonus miles that way.

Last edited by Brianblanco; Dec 26, 2022 at 4:28 pm Reason: Add clarity
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Brianblanco
I知 short 600 miles to 75k. Would much rather buy it then squeeze in another flight this year or do another 20k on this fast track promo.

edit: I知 actually booked for Sea-Lon first class r/t British in late January + another r/t on as metal in February so I guess I値l get the needed miles for 75k status anyway but no 50k bonus miles that way.
Considering the unprecedented number of 2022 and soon 2023 EQM bonuses and promotions, it is reasonable to expect little in the way of flexibility for those who do not find a way to earn status. Many of us spent the time and money for mileage runs to earn status, not expecting AS to sell EQMs or status outright.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Brianblanco
I知 short 600 miles to 75k. Would much rather buy it then squeeze in another flight this year or do another 20k on this fast track promo.

edit: I知 actually booked for Sea-Lon first class r/t British in late January + another r/t on as metal in February so I guess I値l get the needed miles for 75k status anyway but no 50k bonus miles that way.
Oof... you don't If you can find a cheap short-distance turn I would suggest that. The Fast Track promo will probably be your best bet, but it doesn't sound like you'll keep your status during the promo and you won't get the bonus. But it's better than nothing at all.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.