Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Fast Track 75K achieved - no GGUs

Wife and I flew the 20k Fast Track for 75K.status.

We immediately received 75K status and Lounge Passes.

We did not receive GGUs.

Anyone else have this happen?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bobblevins

We did not receive GGUs.

You should have received your GGUs when you earned MVPG....no additional GGUs are earned as 75K....did you not receive your 4 GGUs from Gold?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
You should have received your GGUs when you earned MVPG....no additional GGUs are earned as 75K....did you not receive your 4 GGUs from Gold?
do those that qualify for gold by fast track get GGU???? I didn’t think that was the circumstance. Spouse and kid qualified late last month and earlier this month by fast track. I’ll have to check to see if they each got their GGU.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by bobblevins

We did not receive GGUs.

My understanding is that if you qualify for 75k due to this promotion that you do not receive the earned 75k benefits. I believe what PDXPremier is referring to is that you should have received the GGUs when you requalified for Gold during 2022.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman
do those that qualify for gold by fast track get GGU????
Yes, according to the terms, fast track status does come with GGUs (for gold) and lounge passes (for 75k), but does not provide the 50k bonus RDMs (for 75k) or the AA SWUs (for 75k).
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Xrayman
do those that qualify for gold by fast track get GGU???? I didn’t think that was the circumstance. Spouse and kid qualified late last month and earlier this month by fast track. I’ll have to check to see if they each got their GGU.
I recently qualified for Gold via FastTrack. Didn’t even think to check for Gold upgrades until know. What do you know, there are indeed four of them, expiring 12/31/2024.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I recently qualified for Gold via FastTrack. Didn’t even think to check for Gold upgrades until know. What do you know, there are indeed four of them, expiring 12/31/2024.
Can the GGUs be used in 2024 if the member drops down to MVP or lower in 2024?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by doublemazaa
Can the GGUs be used in 2024 if the member drops down to MVP or lower in 2024?
They are "Gold Guest Upgrades!" They can be used by anyone. They simply reduce the eligible fare to N for immediate upgrade with U space availability and are the only way, sans miles, to upgrade a non-Elite; even if that is yourself.

James
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Qualified 75K on return flight to SEA from SJD on Mon the 10th. The qualification was a bit of a push but grateful for the ability to up my status after dropping to MVP.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 10:39 am

I qualified for 75K as part of this promotion back in April. I got the lounge passes added to the account back in April. I just requalified for 75K for next year and received my 50,000 bonus miles, but did not receive any additional lounge passes. Should I have gotten 4 more or because I got 4 in April, is that all I get?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by daisydog123
I qualified for 75K as part of this promotion back in April. I got the lounge passes added to the account back in April. I just requalified for 75K for next year and received my 50,000 bonus miles, but did not receive any additional lounge passes. Should I have gotten 4 more or because I got 4 in April, is that all I get?
Does your lounge pass expire in 2024? If so, then you have received this years allotment. If not, I would give customer care a ring.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The promo posted a year ago yesterday. Might there be one again one of these days?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by vanillabean
The promo posted a year ago yesterday. Might there be one again one of these days?

Didn’t they just fill all open elite spots with Delta refugees?
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
It would not break my heart if they offered me a path back to MVPG for next year. Otherwise it's MVP from now until some time after the HA deal closes. Have been MVPG or better since 2014, with an assist from a first quarter earn back promo once a few years back, but far from requalifying this year.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WrightHI
It would not break my heart if they offered me a path back to MVPG for next year. Otherwise it's MVP from now until some time after the HA deal closes. Have been MVPG or better since 2014, with an assist from a first quarter earn back promo once a few years back, but far from requalifying this year.
I am dropping back to MVPG from 75K but still holding out hope for another path back promotion.... unlikely but not impossible. I've already begun booking my winter mileage runs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.