Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So has anybody determined if there's a time scale for the "limit 10 per member"?

I.e. is the 10 a lifetime limit, or is it 10 from each batch that costco gets from AS? I've bought 3 in the past, and probably won't get 7 right away, but it would be useful to know.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137
So has anybody determined if there's a time scale for the "limit 10 per member"?

I.e. is the 10 a lifetime limit, or is it 10 from each batch that costco gets from AS? I've bought 3 in the past, and probably won't get 7 right away, but it would be useful to know.
I got some last year and more this year that would have put me over the limit but they all filled. So at least yearly works right now.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS
I hit the limit last time these were offered. Bought 2 more with new offering. Went through just fine.
DP Ordered Oct 1. Email with certificates Oct 4

Last edited by pcoll; Oct 6, 2021 at 1:02 pm
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
Anyone get their correct certs yet? I am still waiting, 2 days after ordering.
nope nothing here; costco cs mentoned yesterday smth about escalating to tier 2 and taking 2-3 days...
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Here's my data point...

I ordered mine online on Monday night. Costco immediately sent me a confirmation email, then a follow-up "your order has been shipped" email. About 4 or 5 hours later, the email with the certificate numbers and a corresponding 6-digit PIN arrived in my inbox. Now, this was the first time I've ordered these. So, are the people having issues with their orders those who have ordered these in the past, perhaps?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Got mine yesterday about 24 hours after and they seem to be fine. (They did have 6 digit pins and my name.) I don't put them in my Alaska account right away as that starts the 1 year clock. I wait until I need to buy a ticket before loading them to My Wallet. So, it will probably be a couple of months before I use one.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Klrduks
Got mine yesterday about 24 hours after and they seem to be fine. (They did have 6 digit pins and my name.) I don't put them in my Alaska account right away as that starts the 1 year clock. I wait until I need to buy a ticket before loading them to My Wallet. So, it will probably be a couple of months before I use one.
AS Gift certificates do not have a expiration date.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
AS Gift certificates do not have a expiration date.
IIRC They do once you turn them into travel funds

Edit: Looks like GC into wallet funds do not expire unless you apply them to flights.
Klrduks likes this.

Last edited by olouie; Oct 7, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Klrduks
I don't put them in my Alaska account right away as that starts the 1 year clock. I wait until I need to buy a ticket before loading them to My Wallet. .
When you add the AS Gift Certificates to Wallet, it does not start the one year clock. They can be parked there until needed. Mine show no expiration date and can be used anytime. I also have Wallet funds that were from cancelled ticket, those do have 1 year expiration date.

Last edited by pcoll; Oct 7, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
When you add the AS Gift Certificates to Wallet, it does not start the one year clock. They can be parked there until needed. Mine show no expiration date and can be used anytime. I also have Wallet funds that were from cancelled ticket, those do have 1 year expiration date.
Thats awesome. Will have to test it out. Mine from last year had an expiration date so not sure if I did it wrong or something.

Just try a deposit and no expiration very cool.

"Wallet deposit rules
Close
Gift cards or certificates deposited into a wallet account are not usable outside of the wallet.
Once deposited, gift cards and certificates are not transferable.
Gift cards and gift certificates deposited into a wallet account will not expire.
Bonus travel certificates deposited into a wallet account will expire a year from the date of issue.
Wallet account balances can only be redeemed on alaskaair.com.
All gift card or certificate terms and conditions apply, unless otherwise stated.
The value of your wallet balance is in US dollars - USD."
pcoll likes this.

Last edited by olouie; Oct 7, 2021 at 12:14 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Friend had an account / member number, never had an online account though, he gave me his number and I made an order, here's to hoping they don't gripe that my address isn't his address.

Side question, had some major Alaska Wifi issues and they gave me a $50 coupon code, are those combinable with a gift certificate? I have to imagine yes...

Last edited by dayone; Oct 8, 2021 at 1:14 am Reason: Strikethrough text doesn't remedy a solicitation.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Thats awesome. Will have to test it out. Mine from last year had an expiration date so not sure if I did it wrong or something.

Just try a deposit and no expiration very cool.
Oh wow, never knew that! Like some on here, I don't frequent Costco enough to justify a membership, but I do have friends who do, and just ask them to pick up the GCs for me. With the no expiry thing added to wallet, I'm gonna pick up several of them.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Anyone on here have a Costco membership to share or want to buy me said certificate and I'll Venmo or Zelle you the funds - preferably a username I've seen on here and know and trust? Spending $60 to save $50 not worth it, I don't ever go to Costco...

Side question, had some major Alaska Wifi issues and they gave me a $50 coupon code, are those combinable with a gift certificate? I have to imagine yes...
Quick answer , YES.
Wallet funds- where gift certificates are parked , are applied at end of booking . Payment choice to apply wallet funds or pay with card.
Discount codes - from promos, companion code, service or baggage failure are applied at beginning of booking.
ONLY 1 DISCOUNT CODE per reservation.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
Anyone get their correct certs yet? I am still waiting, 2 days after ordering.
yay corrected order just arrived

ugh - now wallet is stuck in loading and beta account..

Last edited by azepine00; Oct 7, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: MVPG
I ordered 10 certs on Sunday 10/3. I got one on Monday afternoon - it did not work. I have called Costco three times, still nothing. The charge has posted to my credit card. I'm a bit peeved, would like to buy tickets before the sale expires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.