Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kamiakdad
FYI, you can get the gift card from Costco within minutes of ordering by calling customer service and asking them to contact shipping rather than wait a day or two to get the email with the codes. I did it today. Given that time is of the essence with airfares climbing daily, getting the card today may save you from price increases.
I am surprised that the shipping department has to do anything to (e)mail out a code. Is that for some sort of fraud prevention (given the item value)?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Frontier Elite100K
Costco has strict limits on how many Alaska gift cards a member can purchase, so any purchase made on the website goes to shipping for processing. And under standard protocol the order does not get filled until the following day. But if you call Costco's customer service (800) 955-2292 as them to inform shipping to fill the order, you can get the email containing the gift card within minutes and given the crazy nature of airfare pricing, it could save you quite a bit of $$. I bought a ticket that day with the gift card and the next day the same flight cost $100 more.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Costco has strict limits on how many Alaska gift cards a member can purchase
Any idea what that limit is? Not that I am likely getting near that limit, but when they were selling $100 Hyatt certs for $80 a decade or so ago, I had thousands of dollars worth of Hyatt certs in my safe.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Apr 1, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:09 pm

Five Alaska gift cards is the limit. For some reason I tried to purchase online and 5 minutes later I received a notice my order was canceled. I only ordered once, so I was confused That's why I called customer service to find out what happened. I was then told that I needed to make another order and then call CS and they could notify shipping to fill the order. So now I know to just call to speed the order process.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS
Five Alaska gift cards is the limit.
According to Costco site,
Limit is 10 gift cards
$449.99
Alaska Airlines $500 Gift Certificate, delivered via email
  • No Travel Restrictions or Blackout Dates
  • No Expiration
  • Only valid at alaskaair.com for Alaska Airlines flights
  • Limit 10 Per Member
  • Codes deliver within 24-48 Business Hours (no weekend delivery)
  • Delivered via Email

Last edited by dayone; Apr 1, 2022 at 10:05 pm Reason: Fix quote syntax.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:32 pm

Thanks for update, the CS rep said 5. I had only purchased 2 when I received cancel notice to make the call. Alaska Air stated 100k gets respect and recognition but that hasn't seemed to happen too. I guess can't take the word of company reps.
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alaska Air stated 100k gets respect and recognition but that hasn't seemed to happen too.
I hope you told the Costco rep what your elite status with AS is :/
985X likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:00 am

Then I wouldn't get recognized by the Costco rep. My last flight I had to beg the FA for my snack because I didn't show up on her app. She was handing them out to everyone but me. I had to show her my boarding pass for my 100k status.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
they are $400 in warehouse, purchased a few in northern California, deal ends 4/18:

985X and UtilityGuy like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:51 pm

Wow, I wonder if they're at selected locations only?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:03 pm

That offer is not available here in Washington state. Can you use the gift cards to purchase the prepaid service? I know gift cards are not accepted to purchase flights that has American airlines segment in flight.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
That offer is not available here in Washington state. Can you use the gift cards to purchase the prepaid service? I know gift cards are not accepted to purchase flights that has American airlines segment in flight.
not sure, what do you mean prepaid service? also the funds are deposited into your wallet funds so a bit strange you can't buy AA segments
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:27 pm

AS has subscription service, was wondering if you can pay with gift card. Given current 20% off in CA Costco that would make the service very attractive for me. As for AA segmented flights booked on AS website, was the reason why I purchased the AS gift card from Costco. When I went to pay the booking, the AS website would not allow it. It also would not allow me to use AS discount codes on AA segmented flight. So paid with credit card and now I have $500 AS gift card for future travel.
yuel likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
I was passing by the Rohnert Park Costco north of Petaluma and stopped for a few things. Just inside the front door… the Alaska display $399.99 for the $500 certs. Picked up another 5!
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
I was passing by the Rohnert Park Costco north of Petaluma and stopped for a few things. Just inside the front door… the Alaska display $399.99 for the $500 certs. Picked up another 5!
halfway tempted to drop 25k miles for a day trip SEA-STS next week
notquiteaff and Arsene Wenger like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.