Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:16 am

Are the certs loaded as my wallet credit? Or soemthing else?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Are the certs loaded as my wallet credit? Or soemthing else?
You get a code and a PIN and have to go add them but then, yes, they are in your "Wallet," added to any other funds you have there.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by mtofell
You get a code and a PIN and have to go add them but then, yes, they are in your "Wallet," added to any other funds you have there.
one thing to note is that they have no expiration date, and AS seems to use wallet funds based on first added instead of closet to expiration
Old Dec 2, 2023, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by RedPanda5
one thing to note is that they have no expiration date, and AS seems to use wallet funds based on first added instead of closet to expiration
This I leaned the hard way. have a few of these in my wallet and cancelled and rebooked some flights and noticed it was “eating” into my next up GC (with no expiration date) and not into the credit I just redeposited to rebook. Call to customer care got them to withdraw the GC (they emailed me a certificate # and pin) so I could force the use of the dated funds before dropping the GCs back into my wallet.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MileagePlan MVP
Hoping these come back in the next couple days. Was just gearing up to buy two. 🤦‍♂️
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
This I leaned the hard way. have a few of these in my wallet and cancelled and rebooked some flights and noticed it was “eating” into my next up GC (with no expiration date) and not into the credit I just redeposited to rebook. Call to customer care got them to withdraw the GC (they emailed me a certificate # and pin) so I could force the use of the dated funds before dropping the GCs back into my wallet.
Thanks for that info. Perhaps a self service workaround is to first book a dum6 flight that gets paid for/uses up the giftcard, then buy the actual flight, and then cancel the dummy flight.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to investigate my wallet funds more closely
Old Dec 2, 2023, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks for that info. Perhaps a self service workaround is to first book a dum6 flight that gets paid for/uses up the giftcard, then buy the actual flight, and then cancel the dummy flight.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to investigate my wallet funds more closely
Wouldn't the cancelled flight credit then be subject to the 1 year expiration for flight credit? (1 year from the original purchase) It might got back to the original form of payment if you cancel within 24 hours, I suppose.

-David
Old Dec 10, 2023, 11:19 am

does anyone know if these counts towards the 2% reward for the executive membership?
Old Dec 10, 2023, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ASA_1
does anyone know if these counts towards the 2% reward for the executive membership?
I believe they should based on other reports here. And related, does Costco let me upgrade my account retroactively to executive level and get 2% back for the already passed portion of the membership year?
Old Dec 10, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I believe they should based on other reports here. And related, does Costco let me upgrade my account retroactively to executive level and get 2% back for the already passed portion of the membership year?
From the Costco website:

"Purchases made prior to upgrade do not qualify for the 2% Reward."
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.