Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Predeparture Drinks in First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:54 pm

So flight to Hawaii traditionally was an exception and they offered PDB. Is this gone too? Is it just water now?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Sung Sam
So flight to Hawaii traditionally was an exception and they offered PDB. Is this gone too? Is it just water now?
no. It’s not gone. Still offering POG, POG mimosa’s and water. OJ and coffee should be offered on ALL flights before 10am, supplies permitting. It seems there are a bunch of FA’s out there who have no idea what the service is and are just all doing what they want so YMMV but, theoretically, there’s a plan that is supposed to make things consistent... until they change it again 🙄
Sung Sam likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
According to an AS Boeing FA on the threads, it is supposed to be fully aligned. If they are still serving an Alcoholic PDB on pmVX they are doing so in contradiction of policy.

James
SFO-ORD on previous VX airbus served PDB 8/30. With 8 total seats it was pretty easy for the FA to do this, even though it is not policy to do so. The FA's were very good on this particular flight. SFO seems to be the last to change over protocol, so I wasn't surprised to see this. Also flew SEA-SMF on 9/8 (AS Boeing) and no PDB.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
There’s a worse 1st class product than Alaska Airlines?

Originally Posted by trevorwh2
Was just informed by my FA that Alaska has changed its policy and will no longer offer pre-flight drinks in first class - water only. Policy went into effect August 1st. Fairly disappointing given that even the legacy carriers do this on a far worse first class product. Just a heads up for folks. If it matters - I’m on a previous VX flight out of Maui.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
No alcoholic pre-departure drinks are not unique to Alaska. I flew CX J A359 service MEL-HKG on 09/06, morning flight. Pre-departure beverage was a selection of pre-poured fruit juices or water. One passenger requested Champagne and was advised she would have to wait until in-flight.

It does make it a challenge when aquired staff choose to ignore the policy & procedures of their new employer.

James
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:45 am

No alcoholic pre-departure drinks are not unique to Alaska. I flew CX J A359 service MEL-HKG on 09/06, morning flight. Pre-departure beverage was a selection of pre-poured fruit juices or water. One passenger requested Champagne and was advised she would have to wait until in-flight.

It does make it a challenge when aquired staff choose to ignore the policy & procedures of their new employer.

James
I just had pre-departure champagne on Delta One. Didn't have to ask.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Full PDB served 9/9 on SFO-IAD A320 flight. Later in flight, I commented to the FA that it was appreciated. She said AS recently amended policy to allow PDB at FA descrection due to “many complaints from 75ks”.

Keep up the messages to Alaska Listens; apparently that really does have an impact.
NoLaGent, jinglish and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jjmadison
Full PDB served 9/9 on SFO-IAD A320 flight. Later in flight, I commented to the FA that it was appreciated. She said AS recently amended policy to allow PDB at FA descrection due to “many complaints from 75ks”.

Keep up the messages to Alaska Listens; apparently that really does have an impact.
shes wrong, however. The policy has not changed or been amended.
Flying for Fun and pbelmore like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:48 am

No, you had pre-departure cava that retails for about $4. Of course, that gesture makes it a leading first class experience.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by fly18725
No, you had pre-departure cava that retails for about $4. Of course, that gesture makes it a leading first class experience.
Actually, it sort of does.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer

shes wrong, however. The policy has not changed or been amended.
I thought the comment "many complaints from 75ks" poster said FA made to be odd. Are all pax seated in F 75K? Of course not. 75Ks may be complaing more though, ironically, since many former VX flyers are now enjoying complimentary upgrades to F that never had access to them as VX Elites. Perhaps they forgot about that already.

How about we give back an alcoholic PDB on the Airbus Fleet and take away complimentary F upgrades. That should make a few happy! No?

James
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:07 pm

I hoped they offered and not forced it on you! Happy you enjoyed your Champagne, if indeed you did. Did the Champagne make up for the Sky Pasos? I don't need an alcoholic PDB. It isn't important to me. Meaningful mileage accrual is.

How many Sky Miles for DFW-SDY(F)/2 days/SYD-MEL(J) and MEL-HKG(J)/2 months/HKG-LAX(F) + 4 connecting flight to/from Canada and the gateway airports? I paid 150K Mileage Plan miles. As an MVPG75K I only need to fly 66.66K for those awards. Reaching 75K on all AS will produce 218,750 Mileage Plan miles with the 75K bonus.

James
TheBeerHunter and DrAlex like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:33 pm

I hoped they offered and not forced it on you! Happy you enjoyed your Champagne, if indeed you did. Did the Champagne make up for the Sky Pasos? I don't need an alcoholic PDB. It isn't important to me. Meaningful mileage accrual is.

How many Sky Miles for DFW-SDY(F)/2 days/SYD-MEL(J) and MEL-HKG(J)/2 months/HKG-LAX(F) + 4 connecting flight to/from Canada and the gateway airports? I paid 150K Mileage Plan miles. As an MVPG75K I only need to fly 66.66K for those awards. Reaching 75K on all AS will produce 218,750 Mileage Plan miles with the 75K bonus.

James
My top selection criterias are flights with satellite WiFi & lie flat. They need this on alaska for long haul flights. Happy to give up PDB for either one of those things.

Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:59 pm

My top selection criterias are flights with satellite WiFi & lie flat. They need this on alaska for long haul flights. Happy to give up PDB for either one of those things.

Alaska is adding satellite Wi-Fi, I wouldn't count on lie flat seats. Unless you're flying only on a small handful of routes, you're not likely to find a lie flat seat on other carriers.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Alaska is adding satellite Wi-Fi, I wouldn't count on lie flat seats. Unless you're flying only on a small handful of routes, you're not likely to find a lie flat seat on other carriers.
Primarily use Alaska for Hawaii trips. Hope Hawaiian Air’s lie flat config compels Alaska to follow . If Hawaiian had non stop flights for my route, I’d switch in a heartbeat.

Satellite wifi will be nice over the pacific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.