Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Predeparture Drinks in First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by anteater;[url=tel:34823124
34823124[/url]]PDBs have been back for a while now. 🙌🏻🍹
We were offered a choice of coffee, orange juice or water on FLL-SEA #788 four days ago.

Today there was no PDB offered on our SEA-JFK #137.

Is it generally becoming standard practice?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
I don't think I have ever used the call button.
the only time I have is in CX F, when ordering food on demand is standard practice, and you need your bed made/unmade. I wouldn’t use it on domestic F to ask for a drink. The FA’s should be aware of who needs a drink. It can’t be that hard. No PDB coffee was offered on my last morning OGG-SEA flight in F and it was pretty disappointing. But again, I’m not going to ring the call button while Coach is boarding.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
the only time I have is in CX F, when ordering food on demand is standard practice, and you need your bed made/unmade. I wouldn’t use it on domestic F to ask for a drink. The FA’s should be aware of who needs a drink. It can’t be that hard. No PDB coffee was offered on my last morning OGG-SEA flight in F and it was pretty disappointing. But again, I’m not going to ring the call button while Coach is boarding.
If the crew has completely abandoned the F cabin for over a half hour and I'm thirsty, I don't hesitate. (That said, it is probably a once every two or three years occurrence.) Also, occasionally an FA will say "I'll be helping my colleagues out in the back, if you need anything, please ring the call bell."

I can't see ringing the bell in the pre-departure period.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 5:17 pm

Maybe they should have a 5 minute pause between boarding Pri and the rest of the cattle to provide a safe environment to do PDB
Old Dec 10, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Fredd;[url=tel:34823155
34823155[/url]]We were offered a choice of coffee, orange juice or water on FLL-SEA #788 four days ago.

Today there was no PDB offered on our SEA-JFK #137.

Is it generally becoming standard practice?
It’s supposed to be. If they aren’t performing that function, post-flight write Alaska Listens so they can look into it.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by anteater;[url=tel:34823215
34823215]It’s supposed to be. If they aren’t performing that function, post-flight write Alaska Listens so they can look into it.
Thanks for the information. We were accustomed to PDBs in our UA 1K days, but the FAs are so friendly and the service is otherwise so much better on AS, including this flight, that I don’t know if I could bring myself to.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd;[url=tel:34823272
34823272[/url]]Thanks for the information. We were accustomed to PDBs in our UA 1K days, but the FAs are so friendly and the service is otherwise so much better on AS, including this flight, that I don’t know if I could bring myself to.
I understand. Generally, my flights are stellar and if say there was no PDB service.. flight on time etc.. I’ll write AS and give the appropriate kudos and note that besides being a great trip that one small service was not performed. Good and bad feedback is always welcome at AS.
Fredd and pcoll like this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by anteater
PDBs have been back for a while now. 🙌🏻🍹
This is consistently inconsistent.
Fredd and anteater like this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa;[url=tel:34823316
34823316]This is consistently inconsistent.
It’s the same as those pesky complimentary upgrades. You never know if, when, and how the UG professor is going to run.
Fredd likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anteater
It’s the same as those pesky complimentary upgrades. You never know if, when, and how the UG professor is going to run.
Gives us something to talk about on FT!
Fredd and anteater like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I had full PDB offered on SEA-DFW. I had to ask the FA to repeat his offer because I was in shock.
beckoa and PaperGlider like this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
DTW-SEA Wed DEC 14
No PDB. Boxed water waiting at the seats. No biggie but agree this is wildly inconsistent.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer;[url=tel:34842689
34842689[/url]]DTW-SEA Wed DEC 14
No PDB. Boxed water waiting at the seats. No biggie but agree this is wildly inconsistent.
Report it, Alaska Listens. 🤙🏻🥃
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:46 pm

Had a roughly 1 hour delay after completing boarding ASA675 (LAS-SEA) while maintenance sorted out issues with one of the pressurization systems. First class flight attendant was on top of it offering PDB to everyone.

However, like the flight down (ASA1432, SEA-LAS), there was no warm cookie offered after the meal service.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
No PDB on flights last week. SEA>SAN>SEA. FA was busy chatting with her sister that was apparently in F class. Otherwise service was really good. And I got a cookie and snack basket.
On the way back there was no snack basket. During boarding the FA gave out at least a couple items from the snack basket (my favourite two items- the popcorn and the Peatos) to some little kids boarding. Not sure why. And definitely extra disappointed as the chocolate chip cookie had been WAYYYYY overcooked and was overly crisp/dry. I wish the snack basket was more consistent. But it's more consistent than the PDBs I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.